Medical Condition Spastic Colon: Spastic Colon Treatment
Spastic colon is the another name of irritable bowel syndrome, which is a food poisoning. The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also cause a decline in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally classified as a functional gastrointestinal disorder, as it is associated with how the intestine works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
- Spleen Inflammation Sometimes, pain under the left rib cage might be caused due to tear or rupture of the spleen.
- Pain in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing discomfort (and also diarrhoea).
There are Certain Parasite Such as Protozoa Which Often Leads to Diarrhoea
There is normally a loss of sodium and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The issue becomes more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime occur for several months.
Symptoms of Colon Colorectal Cancer in Men & Women
Symptoms of Colon Colo-rectal Cancer in Men Women:Colon Cancer Symptoms Animation The standard wisdom about colon cancer is that most people don't ...
- Hiatal Hernia: It happens when a part of stomach protrudes upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
Since of these finding scientists believe they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics might help relieve symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help control weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the addition of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that trigger IBS can be different for different people, patients of IBS are usually recommended to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestine. Some such foods are:
Here is a list of the probable causes of this condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable bowel syndrome is a common gastrointestinal tract issue that is marked by abnormal gut contraction. The characteristic symptoms are pain in the abdomen, passage of mucus-coated stools, flatulence, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes In spite of all the research carried out, the causes of IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a variety of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the digestive tract muscles can be much stronger, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can cause food to move through the intestine much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestine for a long time. As a result, the stool can end up being hard and difficult to pass.
Finally, you should bear in mind that most of the above mentioned causes can be effectively treated if timely treatment is undertaken. Therefore, you should not ignore any type of pain and symptoms. Take care!
- The term 'poop' refers to the solid waste matter that is gotten rid of out of the body during bowel evacuation.
- Usually, a healthy bowel movement produces brown colored stools.
- A change in stool color to green indicates that something is wrong with the intestines but can also mean excessive usage of certain foodstuffs.
- It is discussed below:
- This suggests that either the nerves or the muscles involved in the intestinal activities do not work in ways they should.
- The nerves though go beyond those that are found in the digestive system.
- The spinal chord and the brain themselves are also involved.
- Highly processed foods are abundant in sodium and low in fiber.
- Not good, for they contribute to the bloated feeling.
- Check out the labels, and drop only those canned foods in your cart that clearly read "sodium-free," or "low-sodium content."
- The medications that are specifically utilized for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding agents.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a progressive non-reversible condition.
Kidney stones can come from either of the kidneys and cause pain in them. Discomfort in the left one represents stone in the left kidney. The pain typically starts from the back and spreads to the front.
Stomach Pain can be Considered as One of the Most Common Physical Discomforts
Almost everybody of you should have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everyone goes through occasional bouts of stomach pain. There are several causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is mostly aggravated after eating. However, lower left stomach pain after eating is quite unusual.
Treatment: Taking Antacids and Other Drugs to Reduce Stomach Acid can be of Help
Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestinal tract (diverticulosis) that become infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People dealing with it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower rib cage.
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal discomfort can originate as an outcome of unusual functioning of any of these organs.
- However, there aren't many organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- Therefore, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after eating, which are as follows:
- Inguinal Hernia: It happens when a part of the abdominal cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the area which can be painful.
- Aloe vera has certain antibiotic properties that help to clean up the impurities, and also relieve the digestive tract lining.
- It eliminates all the wastes, dead skin, and other impurities responsible for constipation.
- The polysaccharides present in aloe, resist the growth of bacteria on the wall of the intestines.
- It is also very rich in fiber content.
- These fibers are capable of detoxifying the colon by eliminating the toxic materials.
- Besides, the vitamins and minerals present in the plant, remove the sticky compounds clinging to the walls of the intestines.
Donnatal Levsin Levbid Pro-Banthine (propantheline) Bentyl Antidepressant medications can also be recommended, if the patient experiences depression in addition to abdominal pain. These drugs can increase pain tolerance, and treat depression and anxiety experienced by the patients of spastic colon. Two other medications that are specifically used for IBS treatment are, alosetron and lubiprostone. Alosetron is a nerve receptor antagonist that can relax the colon, and slow down the movement of waste through it.
Constipation Constipation is a condition that causes hardening of stools, due to which defecation becomes a painful activity. In such circumstances, to press the stools, through the colon requires more effort. Thus eliminating difficult stools can put undue strain on any part of the rib cage. It is observed that people suffering from constipation have to exert a lot of pressure to remove fecal matter and this might cause discomfort on the left or right side of the ribs.
Factors that are thought to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which controls the performance of the intestine), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, psychological problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transmit nerve signals between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Even hormonal imbalance has been believed to be associated with IBS, as this condition is more widespread in women, and its symptoms often aggravate before or during menstruation.
- Moderate stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be cured with little changes in your diet and way of life.
- Together with a healthy diet, it is essential to invest some time for exercises.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to seek a proper medical treatment.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after consuming dairy products, then most likely it is due to lactose intolerance.
Some doctors are really prescribing antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the client's flare-ups are emotional driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be valid but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural option.
To be Assured of Its Signs, It Occurs in a Different Way With the Different Personas
It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, travelling, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. However, its primary symptoms are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for 3 days or several months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and constipations.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as less bowel movements. They can not release any stool or only a small amount. On the consultation of your doctor for the treatment of IBS, the doctors might check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any particular test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but only to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be made sure about the infections.
The chest, also known as the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most fragile parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the sternum, all are parts that comprise the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which contains the lungs. It is a vital part of the human body and any pain in this region can be of serious issue, as it may indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
- Cholestasis: It happens due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes include alcoholic liver illness, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
Lower Abdominal Pain after Eating Pain or cramps in stomach after having meals can either be caused due to consumption of contaminated food or due to some underlying disorder. There are a number of factors that can lead to this condition.Home RemediesCertain natural home...
- Indigestion: Also referred to as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to difficulty in absorbing food.
- It is a symptom of several other diseases.
- Stomach Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it occurs when malignant cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system diseases.
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, stomach cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the intestinal canal by getting rid of all the toxic substances and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps increase immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon cleanse. Several other industrial benefits of the clay add to its value.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which requires immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
Colitis: It is the Swelling of the Colon
It can be acute or chronic. Irregularity: It is a condition where a person has a problem in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Constipation is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus ends up being thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a hereditary abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower portion of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is quickly identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is formation of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially lethal condition.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
- However alosetron can cause some serious complications, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Currently, the FDA has permitted the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can prescribe the drug for treating severe IBS in women.
- This drug is not approved for use by men.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
- Treatment: Proper diet plan and avoiding food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in eliminating the pain.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
Treatment: this Condition Requires Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of pain under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or absence of fiber-rich foods, and adequate water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to secrete digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into simple substances. It disrupts the regular bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other symptoms of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestinal tract.
Recently, People Have Begun Using the Green Portion of the Leaves Too
The outer part of the aloe leaves are crushed, and made into aloe vera juice, or dried and used as a laxative. Aloe vera juice in itself has quite a number of health benefits, which includes relief from digestive problems, constipation, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. It is believed to be beneficial in regulating the blood pressure and sugar levels. Aloe vera juice is said to be a potent drink that is useful for strengthening the immune system. Unfortunately, while raving about the benefits of this fantastic drink, the negative effects of this drink have remained unnoticed.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the signs.
- Constipation and Indigestion
Treatment: In case of a moderate costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or severe, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, might be used. It is recommended to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any stressful activity while recovering from this condition.
Severe Abdominal Pain and Cramps Might Require Anticholinergic Drugs and Dicyclomine
Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the sensitivity of the colon to stress and particular specific foods. The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
- Gas in the Colon Also referred to as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another cause of discomfort under the left rib cage.
- Excessive gas gets trapped in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be triggered due to various reasons, from stomach problems to inflammation of cartilage or other major medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will vary. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should consult a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and avoid future issues.
- Lemon Soda If you are going to have a big meal with a lot of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal.
- Lemon soda avoids the formation of gas and thus, relieves you of bloated stomach after eating.
- However, make it a point to sip on small portions of soda instead of gulping it down simultaneously.
Produces and Excretes Bile Juice Which Helps in Breaking Down Fat
Bile plays an important role in the digestion of fats. When the liver is damaged and is not able to filter excessive bile from the blood, serious problems may take place. The presence of excess bile in the blood may cause the skin, eyes and nails to look pale. This condition is known as jaundice. It is an indication of liver damage or failure. There may be a number of other signs of liver failure, which we will discuss in the following paragraphs.
Sacramento mothers of Middle Eastern and similar Mediterranean location descent have for generations looked after colic by feeding their children a sort of probiotic called infantis (understood commercially in the USA as bifantis). Now, researches have shown how the probiotic works. It's familiar to most Middle Eastern moms to put a drop of Binfantis, which some mothers call 'infantis' on the pointer of their pinky and touched the idea of the infant's tongue with the probiotic if their child has colic. And it seems to work to calm the colic and quiet the infant. However exactly what is in 'infantis' that actually quiets colic in children that would cry for hours with colic?
- Treatment: This condition can be dealt with by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also wise to avoid food that causes heartburn or heartburn.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition defined by swollen veins in the anal region.
- Piles or piles can be internal or external, and can be painful.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity in between the lungs and the rib cage.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be severe or chronic.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is defined by a wide variety of symptoms like stomach pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
- Treatment: It is very important to consult a doctor if you experience such signs.
- Medication may help in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
Bentonite Clay Includes Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a higher capacity to absorb other molecules. Therefore the absorptive abilities come from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxin molecules get incorporated in the clay molecules, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal bowel movements. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
My Only Problem Has Been Discovering Recipes that Would Go With My New Routines
A few days ago while googleing the topic I discovered a whole new world, the universe of Paleo Diet, an eating plan that basically removes gluten and diary from the picture, just exactly what I was looking for!