Nervous Stomach Cures: How To Eat Well And Avoid IBS
You have ever dealt with irritable bowel syndrome you will know that it is no joking matter. You can go from feeling fine to being in pain in no time at all. In reality any kind of stomach pains is something you would rather avoid. If you want to know more about the best ways to keep yourself feeling fine in the food digestion department, please read on!
Try eating regular meals and keeping your mealtimes on a schedule. Eating on the run or missing a meal could shake off your digestive system. Take a look at your diet, and make sure you are eating the right foods. High-fiber foods, such as bran, whole grains and lots of fruits and vegetables, are good choices. It is best to avoid over-processed foods with little fiber. Also avoid large amounts of milk, cheese, meat, fatty foods and refined sugar.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't completely absorbed or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while eating, thus they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
Green bowel movements can likewise be caused by some other conditions such as: One need not stress when one observes the symptoms. A modification in diet can help in reducing the green color. Refraining from artificially colored foods and lowering the quantity of iron intake will also help. Nevertheless, if you experience stomach discomfort or pain, general malaise, weight loss, irregularity, diarrhea, fever, etc., together with green bowel movements, then, there is the have to go to the healthcare service provider. It is much better to get the condition inspected medically and confirmed that it's not being caused by some severe health problem. Moreover, if you are on some antibiotic treatments and you have green defecation, then you need to notify your physician of the very same.
Tips to Cure an Upset Stomach Naturally...
Upset Stomach? This may be due to: 1. Food poisoning 2. Overeating and drinking 3. Eating too fast or eating on the run 4. Emotional stress 5. Smoking 6.
Spleen, the triangular shaped organ does an important job of producing white blood cells to fight infections. It is located in the lower left region of the rib cage, to the left hand side of the stomach. Damage to this vital organ due to an injury or spleen disorders makes it swollen or enlarged, leading to persistent pain under left rib cage. Mononucleosis (viral illness) and liver disorders (cirrhosis) are some of the factors that can cause spleen enlargement.
Treatment and Medication
There is no particular diagnostic method for spotting this condition. Hence medical diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome is done in the reverse manner in which, by eliminating other health conditions that simulate spastic colon symptoms. For confirmation, the doctor may conduct laboratory tests such as abdominal X-ray, blood test, rectal exam, colonoscopy, and urinalysis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine.
- In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestine is observed.
- Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be ultimately visible in the urine.
- Colic Colic is the acute or extreme abdominal pain that comes and goes quickly.
- The exact reason for it is unknown and is commonly seen in babies.
- Extreme crying is the most common symptom of colic.
- Nevertheless, in some cases, signs like muscle convulsions in stomach are also observed.
- A healthy baby suddenly weeping excessively for no obvious factor signifies colic.
Uncontrolled consumption of alcohol affects the liver and is also bad for health. By the time the signs of ALD surface, one may already be in an advanced stage of the disease. It is best to drink in moderation and have a healthy diet as obesity has been found to increase the risk of alcoholic liver disease among heavy drinkers.
- Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is triggered due to an inflammation of the stomach due to parasites.
- There are two types of gastroenteritis, viral and bacterial.
- Consuming contaminated food and water can trigger gastroenteritis.
- It is more common in young adults and old individuals.
- Stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, and dehydration are its signs.
All-Natural IBS Treatment - Bavolex: All-Natural Relief for IBSBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with all natural botanical ingredients formulated to support and calm digestion. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to alleviate the symptoms related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
More about This Product »
- Spastic colon is a common disorder of the bowel part, which causes symptoms like, pain in the abdomen and irregular bowel movements.
- Widely referred to as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), it is associated with repeated contractions of the small and large intestinal muscles.
- Even though there is no cure, the condition can be combated with effective medication and dietary modifications.
Intake of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxins or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the gastrointestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., may lead to digestive system problems. Symptoms of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, stomach pain, fever, watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like sensation in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain ends up being severe if you are subsisting on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are nausea, throwing up, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
The abdomen is an area of the body that houses the stomach, liver, appendix, and some other important organs. It has the ribs on the top and the pelvis at the bottom. Stomach pain is a common occurrence, and almost every individual struggles with it as soon as in their lifetime. However, recurrent or acute pain should not be taken lightly, and immediate medical attention must be sought. Left side abdominal pain can occur due to a number of reasons. It could be triggered due to injury to the organs, like the spleen, stomach, blood vessels, and nerves on the left side of the abdominal area, or the left part of paired organs, like the kidney, ureters, adrenal gland, ovary, etc. Alternatively, such pain could also indicate some serious illness or infection.
Stomach enzymes also play a vital role in the breakdown of animal proteins. However, if there is inadequate secretion of stomach enzymes, the problem of protein metabolism falls completely on gut bacteria. In such scenarios likewise, hydrogen sulfide is excessively produced. This not only causes sulfur burps however is frequently accompanied by foul-smelling flatulence.
- Stomach pain is triggered due to gastrointestinal diseases, it can be prevented to an excellent extent by following an appropriate diet.
- Similarly, gastrointestinal disorder can be avoided by eating healthy food and maintaining cleanliness.
- One need to keep in mind that it is simple to obtain alleviated of abdominal pain, if prompt treatment is undertaken.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS sufferers may gain from eating smaller meals at more frequent intervals. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber adds bulk to stools making them larger and softer and simpler to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with defecation.
This is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that affects the large intestine and anus. It leads to ulcers in the colon, which in turn might give rise to symptoms such as bloody stool, presence of pus and mucous in the stool, rectal pain, abdominal discomfort and cramping, weight loss, diarrhea, urgency to defecate, inability to pass stool despite the urgency to defecate, etc.
- Ulcers Ulcers are basically open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines.
- At first, the pain is experienced somewhere around the belly button and with no treatment the pain spreads and affects the whole stomach area.
- Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing pain in the belly button region.
. Increase Fluid Consumption
Improving digestion is the key to prevent smelly burps. For good digestive health, it is necessary to increase intake of fluids, especially water. Adequate consumption of water aids digestion, which may contribute to decrease the episodes of sulfur burps.
So, what is a nervous breakdown exactly? It can be called a symptom of a certain psychiatric condition. This condition is seen as an acute emotional or psychological collapse of a person. The individual establishes loss of interest in all activities. He/she experiences symptoms such as confusion, disorientation, uncontrollable crying, etc. The individual may also lose his self-confidence and self-esteem. In extreme cases, catatonic posturing is seen. In this condition, the person is not able to move. Nervous breakdown is a term that we have the tendency to use loosely in our daily lives. For example, you may hear a student say, 'I almost had a nervous breakdown the minute I heard I may not be able to get into the school's basketball team!. This statement implies a state of 'anxiety' or 'sudden panic' one experiences.
- You are a follower of the taste and consistency of Greek yogurt, it can be a necessary component to weight management.
- Its higher protein material will keep you complete longer.
- The lesser sugar is a great choice for diabetics and others looking to reduce sugar consumption.
Bacterial Infections and Bowel Obstruction
There are various types of bacterial infection such as salmonella, shigella, and yersinia, etc., that can contaminate the mucous membrane of intestine. Such infection can cause excessive mucus to pass with stool. Bowel obstruction problems such as constipation can lead to the presence of mucus in stools. They are also accompanied by severe abdominal cramps, fever, and vomiting.
Sometimes, cysts are formed in the ovaries in women, better known as ovarian cysts. Presence of cysts in the left ovary causes moderate to severe left side abdominal pain. Many-a-times, surgery is carried out to remove the cysts from the ovary. Ovarian cyst is one of the mot common cause of left side abdominal pain in females.
Digestive Problems in Older Children
Irregularity: In this condition, children have infrequent bowel movements. Its symptoms are hard stools, which are difficult to pass. Stool withholding, lack of fiber in diet, and adverse effects of medications are the most common causes of constipation. Constipation in children can be relieved and regular bowel movements can be brought back by including lots of fiber-rich foods in their diet.
- Food Poisoning Gastrointestinal disorder is another reason for green bowel movements.
- Failure of the body to take in particular components can lead to its excretion, thereby imparting green color to the stool.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can overcome tension with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is better to take a break from time to time from work and go on a short trip or pursue a hobby.
- Try yoga to soothe your nerves and eat healthy.
- There should be more time for laughs to keep stress levels as low as possible.
- Unintentionally consuming contaminated food or following wrong food habits can cause disorders of the stomach.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system illness.
- If you too experience these symptoms, there may be a possibility of the following factors.
- So, now you learn about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to treat them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your stomach upset rather than a little bit of extra pizza!