Bowel Conquering Irritable Syndrome: Waist Pain on the Left Side
Wondering what causes waist pain? Left side waist pain is typically a common phenomenon. You can better understand the response to this question if you understand what organs and structures are located in this particular region of the body.
- Changes in Bowel Movements: It is one of the most striking colon convulsion sign that can help one diagnose the colon spasm in the earlier stage.
- An individual's bowel routine may get altered.
- For example, a person may feel the urge to defecate at unusual timings, unlike earlier.
- In some cases, some individuals may suffer from excessive hard stools or loose stools.
Ulcer. They can be simply defined as areas of tissue erosion. The causative agents are smoking, stress, and bacterial infection. They may occur in the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. If the left side is affected, then it might lead to moderate to severe pain. The region with the ulcer is usually concave in shape due to the fact that of tissue erosion.
This is one of the significant causes of pelvic pain in women. Ectopic pregnancy is an abnormality or problem in pregnancy that occurs when the fertilized egg is placed in any other place, than the uterine wall. The exact cause of ectopic pregnancy is unknown, but, it can be dangerous, if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
Conquering Irritable Bowel Syndrome A Guide To Liberating Those Suffering With Chronic Stomach or Bo
From a physiological perspective, IBS can sometimes develop through exaggerated contractions of the muscles in the digestive walls; after an intestinal infection; through certain food intolerances; a lack of dietary fibre; and through consuming meals at irregular intervals.
- Sciatica The sciatic nerve is the largest single nerve in the lower spinal cord.
- In case the disks of the spinal cord get herniated, it compresses the sciatic nerve, and puts pressure on it.
- This leads to a sharp shooting pain along the lower back.
The left lower side of your body, you would find lower end of the left kidney, left ureter, part of the descending large bowel, sigmoid colon, a part of the urinary bladder, left ovary and tube and the large blood vessels and nerves.
According to ayurveda not to sleep at noon and making late nights are strictly prohibited. The patient is asked not to watch TV for a prolonged time. They should take light workout daily and all negative thoughts must be driven away from the mind. Light yogic exercises and relaxation strategies should be followed.
Pancreatitis This condition is marked by inflammation of the pancreas, a glandular organ that secretes enzymes to promote digestion. As the organ is situated to the back of the stomach, one may experience belly button discomfort due to medical conditions like pancreatitis. Other symptoms associated with pancreatitis include nausea, vomiting, indigestion and radiating belly button discomfort that aggravates after having meals. The pain associated with stomach flu or ulcers is usually not continuous but tends to come and go.
Abdominal pain and cramps Constipation Diarrhea Rectal pain Weight loss Crohn's Illness
- Colostomy The surgical procedure that involves connecting a part of the colon onto the anterior wall of the abdomen is called colostomy.
- This is done in case of severe damage to the bowel.
- The function of this surgery is to form an opening called stoma at the end of the big intestine.
- After colostomy, feces leave the patient's body through the abdomen.
- The colostomy can be either temporary or permanent relying on the reasons behind this surgery.
- The stoma can be permanent in case of bowel cancer or serious injury.
- It is temporary in case of bowel infection, stab or injuries, or inflammation.
- Colostomy is required in diseases such as Crohn's disease, bowel cancer, blocked bowel, diverticulitis, or a serious injury to the bowel.
- Crohn's disease is another type of inflammatory bowel disease that could affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Genetic or immunological factors could be responsible for causing this condition.
- The chronic inflammation of the afflicted part of the intestinal tract could be due to an abnormal immune response to a bacterium or a virus.
- While the presence of blood in stool could be an indication of this condition, at times stool may also contain mucus.
- This might occur when the affected people develop anal cracks (tear in the lining of the rectum).
- Other symptoms that might be experienced by people affected by this condition include:
Intake of Gas Formation Foods
Those suffering from pot belly, due to excessive digestive gas, have to modify their diet. There are certain foods that can worsen this problem, as they are notorious for producing gas in the stomach. Exclusion of these gassy foods from the diet plan, can surely provide relief from excess gas build up. Some of the gas-producing foods that need to be avoided are cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
You could also have a talk with a nutritionist who can give you the right advice regarding this subject. What this individual normally does is to remove from your diet all foods that are known to cause this problem and present them to your diet one after the other. This will help the food nutrition expert to determine which foods are causing the problem in your case. It is absolutely necessary to get tailored service for your problem else you will never be free of this condition which is in any case incurable.
- Colonic massage is another very effective method to obtain rid of IBS.
- It works wonders in case of infant and kids as it relieves colic pains and assists them to pass gas and stool comfortably.
Treatment For treating a tight stomach caused due to wrong kind of consuming habits, avoiding spicy, oily foods and eating in moderation is the key. Eating a well-balanced diet with high fiber foods, help in reducing the gas, burping and the stomach tightness symptoms. Drinking lots of fluids including 10-12 glasses of water daily, helps in making the digestive process faster and thus, reduces the tightness in stomach. Exercising everyday is the key to better digestion and general overall health, so form a routine of the same, as quickly as possible.
The presence of ovarian cysts in women causes their stomach to swell. During the menstrual cycle, the roots includes a fluid-filled cyst that encloses an ovum. If in a cycle, the follicle grows larger than normal and does not rupture to launch the ovum, it is called an ovarian cyst. This condition usually gets resolved over a period of time with the help of simple medical attention. However, in some it has to be surgically removed.
Small Intestine It is the longest part of the alimentary canal which assists in the food digestion of food and the absorption of nutrients.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome is the most common gastrointestinal tract problem. It is characterized by abnormal gut contraction. The identifying signs are pain in the abdominal area, flatulence, passage of mucus coated stools, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements. All the given signs of IBS are usually accompanied with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
- By going through the above account, you may have gotten an idea of the various health problems associated with waist pain.
- The given list consists of just some of the common causes, and so is incomplete.
- Only a physician can determine and tell you the exact underlying cause.
- Therefore, it is always a good idea to consult a medical practitioner in case of consistently severe discomfort.
- Tightness in stomach can be described as an abdominal discomfort felt on account of stomach discomfort, stomach cramping and even stomach bloating.
- It is very difficult to pinpoint what exactly is a tight stomach, as different individuals experience it in different ways.
What is Nervous Breakdown?
Nervous breakdown is not a medical term. It is not a disease by itself. It is just a metaphorical expression used by a common person to explain a larger issue. The major depressive episode can have similar symptoms of the characteristics of a breakdown. While DSM-IV (psychiatric classification system) or ICD-10 have terms like a psychiatric break, post-traumatic stress disorder, maniac break, panic attack, etc., the term nervous breakdown is absent from any scientific literature related to mental illnesses.
Hard bowel movements are normally an outcome of a condition called constipation. Most of you might be familiar with this term and it's symptoms. In this condition, the stool ends up being hard, bumpy and dry. When the stool stays in the intestinal system for more than 48 hours, the fluid it consists of is reabsorbed by the body. This causes it to become hard, dry and challenging to pass from the body. Constipation has the tendency to become persistent if not dealt within time, where in very serious cases, it might cause pain and bleeding while passing stool. For the most parts, all it takes are a couple of home remedies to cure this issue. However, in more major cases, it is essential to visit a doctor and comprehend the root cause of the issue. Here, we have a look at the causes, consequences and treatment for this issue.
By taking certain medicines and altering the eating habits a person may get some relief from colon spasm symptoms. Those suffering from constipation or hard stools must drink lots of water and include various fruits and vegetables in the everyday diet. Doctors generally advise to go for a high fiber diet in order to reduce the constipation. On the other hand, people suffering from diarrhea are asked to follow a balanced diet along with lots of water. They are advised to stay away from junk food and fried foods, etc. In severe cases, patients are prescribed drugs and medicines that can alleviate the pain and swelling related to colon spasm and bring it back to the normal functioning.
Medicines If you are frequently taking sulfur-containing medicines or sulfa drugs that are commonly used as antibiotics, then there is a higher chance of you experiencing sulfur burps. When you buy any medication, analyze the prescription label properly. In case you notice the word 'sulfur' in any of the ingredients, taking that medication can certainly give you those bad-smelling burps.
Celiac disease is caused due to gluten or wheat intolerance where the lining of the small intestinal system can not tolerate the presence of gluten, hence digestion gets severely affected. This, in turn leads to diarrhea-- stool that has a greenish-blue color which also smells nasty.
- Other parasite symptoms also include the irritable bowel syndrome leads to a host of other ailments.
- In some cases the irritable bowel syndrome also leads to heavy stools.
- Joint and muscle pains are also common parasite signs.
- The pain is quiet similar to that of arthritis.
- It also results in tissue damage and often it effects the proper functioning of immune system.
- Other parasite symptoms also lead to loss of blood or anemia to develop within the body.
Keep in mind, yellow bowel movement is related with indigestion of food. With lifestyle modifications such as regular exercise, these digestive problems can be gotten rid of. However, defecating black stools can not be ignored as it is an indicator of internal bleeding which requires immediate medical treatment.
As you can see, many of these Irritable Bowel Syndrome causes can be prevented and isn't it worth it to potentially save you a painful condition for the rest of your life? If you cut out what you can, chances are evading a case of IBS will not be the only positive outcome you experience.
Tightness of stomach, nausea, bloating in pregnancy is quite common as long as it is not severe. If the conditions become serious, i.e., stomach pain during pregnancy as well as discomfort in stomach becomes extreme, it is advised to consult an obstetrician immediately. Tightness in stomach caused due to an injury can be cured by resting the stomach and avoiding any activity which puts undue pressure on the stomach muscles.
- Tortuous Sigmoid Colon Also known as redundant colon, here, the colon is longer than it is supposed to be.
- Lot of times, due to the bigger size, the sigmoid colon tends to twist and causes blockages resulting in pain.
Getting Rid of Sulfur Burps
Medications Taking Pepto-Bismol tablets can work wonders to cure sulfur burps. The medication assists in taking in hydrogen sulfide from the colon, which works to alleviate the condition. Its ability to soak up hydrogen sulfide has made it one of the most sought-after remedy for sulfur burps. One can also use Mylanta, an antacid, to get rid of these bad-smelling burps. Medications, such as Zegerid, Prevacid, and Prilosec, that help to reduce the production of stomach acids, may also help to stop this problem. All these medications are created to alleviate symptoms of heartburn and relieve indigestion.
Diarrhea Diarrhea is a stomach problem in which the stools become very watery and their frequency increases considerably. If a tight stomach is accompanied by signs such as, loose stools, stomach pain, headaches, nausea, fever and blood in stools, the reason could be diarrhea.
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS is a common problem of the modern society. People who are inflicted with it may feel colic, belching, bloating, heaviness in abdomen, frequent desire to go to toilet, repeating constipation or diarrhoea. All the time the patient is anxious to brood over the matter that he has been suffering from a serious ailment. But it is absolutely a wrong idea. IBS is basic problem that can be treated effectively with the help of ayurveda.IBS patients are generally anxious thus they need proper counselling and they must be treated with correct affection and care. It is noted in some cases that the members of the family of the patient never try to take the issue of the affected person seriously and turn a deaf ear to his problems as a result the patient suffers from acute depression and the ailment get the better of him. Females are frequent victims of IBS but adult males can be affected too.
Tightness in stomach caused due to irritable bowel syndrome, also known as spastic colon, can be cured by following a spastic colon diet plan. Foods containing magnesium, such as green leafy vegetables, foods abundant in folic acid, such as whole wheat breads and cereals, foods rich in vitamin B6, such as beans, peas and carrots, should be undertaken.
Papaya Enzyme Supplements
Papaya enzyme supplements come in the form of tablets and powder. They are generally produced by collecting the latex from the papaya fruit. The latex is either allowed to dry on the fruit itself, or to drip inside a container suspended from the fruit. Once it dries and becomes crude, it is purified in order to get rid of pollutants in it. The purified enzyme is ultimately made available in the form of papain tablets or powder.
When it comes to curing common ailments, we run helter-skelter to look for over the counter medication. Very few of us really go for natural treatments that are undoubtedly more reliable and provide immediate relief. Talking about natural options to some common diseases and one simply can not forget to mention about peppermint oil capsules. The essential oil is extracted from the plant and when taken in supplemental form may help to treat a wide range of medical problems, as learnt through preliminary studies.
Why Does Your Stomach Feel Tight?
The problem could be due to. Wrong Eating Habits Individuals who enjoy overeating often experience discomfort in stomach after eating. Eating foods which are very hot or oily, can lead to this condition. Eating at wrong times, such as late nights or in the middle of the night, can sometimes cause abdominal discomfort too. Excessive consumption of alcohol is another cause behind this.
Stress Food allergies Hormone changes (like menopause, for example) Genetics Many cases establish after gastroenteritis (stomach flu) Poor diet plan (processed, high sugar foods).
- Hope this article has made one thing clear in your mind, that you should not get alarmed when your period is delayed.
- As you can see, the medical problems accountable for missed duration require proper treatment.
- On the other hand, for the non medical reasons, changes in lifestyle can bring back the normal cycle.
- Sigmoid Volvulus It is a condition wherein the sigmoid colon twists upon itself and results in obstruction.
- Many a time, this needs to be corrected through medical support.
Remedies for IBS
If you're wondering about irritable bowel syndrome remedies, you must know that what works for one person may do very little for another. Treatments are highly individualized. For individuals with distinct dietary triggers, the condition may be managed entirely with diet. If stress is a significant trigger, better stress management is key. In general, staying away from trigger foods, getting a lot of exercise, and staying hydrated are great ways to deal with this issue. If you're still not sure what solutions, you may want to check this out - great information, click here.
- Symptoms: Severe discomfort is particularly experienced on the right side of the abdomen as the appendix lies there.
- Other symptoms like fever, vomiting, anorexia nervosa, nausea, diarrhea, etc., are likewise observed.
Reduce consumption of high-protein foods, and focus more on eating fresh high-fiber foods. These simple dietary changes can help to reduce production of hydrogen sulfide, in turn minimizing the rotten egg odor from your burps. Sugary products, like pastries, cakes, and chocolates, should also be avoided to prevent bouts of sulfur burps.
- Get more information on ayurvedic treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Check out this link for more ayurveda treatments for common diseases. "
Diseases of the Digestive System
Acid reflux illness (GERD), hiatal hernia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), etc., are a few of the most common diseases of the digestion system. The prominent disease-causing parasites in human are Campylobacter, Salmonella and Helicobacter. The following is a list of digestive system illness.
- Large Intestine It is the most affordable part of the intestinal tract.
- Its functions are absorbing water and passing the waste product out of the body.
- It begins at the cecum and ends at the anus.
A low-fat diet is often recommended to control IBS. As fried foods are high in saturated fats, they can not be included in low-fat diet. Be it french fries, potato chips or fried chicken, they are loaded with saturated fats, hence can aggravate IBS.
- Osteoporosis It is a condition which causes the bones to become weak and brittle.
- This causes the bones to fracture frequently and undergo compression, leading to a condition called kyphosis.
- This condition triggers the abnormal curving of the spinal column, which in turn affects the nerves, thereby causing great pain.
- For more information on probiotics diarrhea, constipation, and IBS, rely on David Nash.
- He composes articles on the best probiotic evaluations, natural remedies, and explores lactobacillus acidophilus to assist consumers remain notified.