Diarhea: Stool Softener Home Remedies
Irregularity is a condition that is characterized by challenging evacuation of the bowel due to hardening of stool. It is a common health issue that causes a host of traumatic signs such as infrequent bowel movements, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, etc. Considering that the fecal matter ends up being very hard and dry, the lining of the rectum and rectum might get damaged during bowel movement, thus leading to pain, bleeding, or hemorrhoids.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a common condition of the digestive system, more specifically, the colon. When struggling with this disorder, the individual experiences alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea. The reason for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unknown. Stress, digestion related disorders, hormonal imbalance, etc., are believed to be the possible causes.
Causes and Treatment Although conditions of the stomach like food poisoning, injury, infection, etc., top the list of causes of stomach pain, it can also be caused due to reasons not related to the stomach at all.
- Treatment: A combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are the common treatment techniques for cancer.
- Surgical removal of tumor or contaminated part; radiation therapy, etc., can help in dealing with cancer to a great extent, if identified early.
- Stomach Infections: Infections that target the digestive system can also trigger health problems such as stomach ulcers and gastroenteritis.
- Abdominal cramps together with diarrhea and vomiting are the common symptoms of a variety of stomach disorders.
- People with stomach problems, often lose the desire to have food.
- Abdominal discomfort is often regarded as a precursor to stomach ulcers.
Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is triggered due to viral infection in the stomach and intestines. It is caused due to consumption of contaminated food or water. It typically affects children. Symptoms of this condition are similar to food poisoning.
- Causes Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): This disorder affects the lower portion of the intestinal tract.
- An unusual contraction in the muscles of the digestive tract wall often causes irritable bowel syndrome.
- This condition avoids the regular bowel movements.
- As a result, these patients experience rotating bouts of constipation and diarrhea together with the stomach pain.
- The exact cause behind this problem is not clearly known.
- A few of its common triggers include stress, hormone changes and imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the intestine.
- In some cases, the sensitive nerves of the intestines become tensed and increase the chance of IBS.
Crohn's illness is caused due to the body's autoimmune response which affects the digestive tract, resulting in swelling. Based on the location of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, the complications of Crohn's disease may vary. A few of the visible symptoms include weakness, stomach irritation, diarrhea, throwing up, weight loss, and at times, skin issues.
- Symptoms: Moderate to severe pain in the abdomen (on one side), vaginal bleeding, sweating, diarrhea, etc .
- Treatment: If detected in early stages, medications are prescribed to terminate the pregnancy and treat the symptoms.
- In later stages, surgical approaches may be needed to treat the irregularities.
Signs: Lower abdominal and lower back pain, difficulty during urination, irregular menstrual cycle, vaginal finding, diarrhea, vomiting, pain throughout sex, etc
- Treatment: Home treatment and medication can assist in passing smaller kidney stones.
- You will need a surgery to break and eliminate large kidney stones.
Abdominal pain, of any kind, should not be ignored as it is one of the potential signs of any of the aforementioned major disorders. It is smart to consult the doctor and try to find proper treatment techniques. Take care!
The area between the breastbone or thorax and the pelvic bone is called abdomen. The part above the navel is referred to as upper abdominal area and the one below it is called lower abdomen. It is the largest cavity in the human body. The abdomen consists of lots of essential body structures, like the kidneys, liver, pancreas, etc. A problem in any of them may result in stomach pain. There can be a number of factors that can lead to left side abdominal pain. Sometimes, pain due to a particular condition on the right side of the abdomen, radiates to the left side. It makes the detection of the proper reason behind abdominal pain a tough task. Some important ones are discussed here:
- Diverticulitis Sometimes, sacs or pouches, referred to as diverticula, bulge out from the wall of the colon.
- The swelling or inflammation of these diverticula is referred to as diverticulitis.
- The exact cause of diverticulitis is unknown.
Eat Small Meals
6 small meals instead of three full-course meals is appreciated by your system. Now, this does not mean you cut down on quantity and the calories required by your body and required by your way of life. Your meals ought to be in accordance with the aforementioned factors.
The First and Most Important Area to Take a Look At is Drinking
A frequent situation people find themselves in is dehydration when in hotter countries. Be sure to drink a good amount of water as you can lose fluid very speedily in hot countries. In addition to the warm weather being a reason for dehydration, there is that little thing we enjoy called alcohol. Alcoholic drinks aggravate dehydration and give you a headache, so you ought to certainly avoid drinking extreme amounts of alcohol. Now you know it is important to drink water, make sure the water you drink is bottled, as foreign countries have diverse purities of water which can result in an upset stomach. Then you need to try to remember to avoid swallowing any water from swimming pools or lakes, as these are not truly supposed to be swallowed and are known to cause difficulties to health when ingested.
Choledocholithiasis The presence of one or more gallstones in the common bile duct (the duct into which the cystic duct releases bile) is referred to as choledocholithiasis. Such a condition may block bile and the stagnant bile may cause cholangitis (inflammation of the bile duct).
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
The Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), as the name suggests, is an illness characterized by inflammation of the female reproductive system. It is one of the major consequences of STD. Having a history of Sexually transmitted diseases, having unprotected sex with multiple partners, etc., increase the risk of infection. PID can lead to infertility in females.
Mineral oil is often considered as one of the most effective treatments for temporary treatment of constipation. After mineral oil goes into the body, it lubricates the stool and helps in smooth waste excretion without inflaming the anus and anus.
- As you can see, intestinal cramps might signal some serious underlying health issues that need to be dealt with.
- So seek medical help for a proper diagnosis and treatment, to prevent further complications.
In this condition, the intestine is not in a position to work efficiently and the factors are plenty, varying from existence of ulcers to the swelling of the lining of the intestine. Although there are different types of intestinal conditions, the common symptoms associated with poor intestinal function are abdominal pain, frequent or irregular defecation, and bad appetite. Some of the common food poisonings that can cause green defecation are given below: Food Poisoning.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Abdominal cramping accompanied by loose movements is an indication of irritable bowel syndrome. IBS is an intestinal problem that can cause moderate to severe stomach pain. Diagnosed in 20% of the world's population, this digestive tract disorder specifically targets the colon (the large intestine), that leads to food digestion problems. Overeating and excess alcohol consumption are the main contributory elements to IBS.
Aloe Vera Juice
An effective home remedy for softening stool is consuming aloe vera juice. As per medical research study, aloe vera juice consists of anthraquinone glycosides, which are active components of many laxatives.
The Last Things to Think about are Toilet Stops During Your Journey
Whether you choose to travel by means of coach, aircraft or car there are a number of ways to attempt preparing your toilet stops. If travelling by coach one important thing to think about is that the coach has an on-board toilet, that way you know you have access to the toilet at any time through the trip. If your choice is by car, then plan your journey and know where the toilets are on your travels. Wherever you go there will tourist board information centres which can direct you to the nearby toilets.
Last but not least, if air travel is your choice then be sure to book a seat beforehand which is an aisle seat, this means you will not have to clamber over people to reach the toilets. You should also consider pre booking your dietary specifications such as gluten free, low fat etc. Lots of people endure uneasiness when flying and for IBS affected individuals this can prompt signs of their condition, so be sure to relax and wear comfortable clothes. Some people find taking a moderate sedative can help when flying.
- Treatment: Antibiotics can deal with the initial and milder symptoms of PID.
- In severe cases, if the inflammation has caused an abscess, a surgery may be required.
Using Senna is Not Recommended for Children Below 12 Years of Age
People with chronic gastrointestinal problems like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, or appendicitis should not use it. If you have a medical history of allergies, consult your doctor before taking it. Also, this herb could communicate with drugs such as birth control pills, digoxin, estrogens, warfarin, water tablets, etc., or herbs such as horsetail, licorice, and other stimulant laxative herbs. So, do notify your healthcare provider or natural specialist about preexisting medical conditions or other drugs that you are taking presently.
- Treatment: Antibiotics are used to treat UTI.
- Consuming adequate amounts of water, practicing good hygiene, and safe sex helps in treatment and prevention of UTI.
What Does Mucus in the Stool Mean? The presence of a small amount of mucus in the stool is not really a cause of serious concern. Mucus is a viscous secretion of the mucous membranes. The secretion of mucus in the digestive tract helps keep the inner lining of the small bowel and the...
Gastrointestinal disorder: Eating contaminated food items often cause food poisoning, which often times is not serious but can cause diarrhea and is accompanied by stomach cramps.
- People affected by this condition might experience best abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, etc.
- These symptoms could be triggered by consumption of a fatty meal.
This condition happens when the spermatic cord (in males) gets twisted, resulting in sudden and severe pain. Due to the twisting of the cord, blood flow is affected. In severe cases, it can even lead to total damage to the testis.
So, all in all, mucus in stool during pregnancy is usually not a serious condition, but if mucous is excreted together with blood, the condition needs medical attention. You need to get in touch with a doctor so that you know the precise reason behind this condition.
- Symptoms: Queasiness, vomiting, pain in the testicles and scrotum, lower abdominal pain, swelling, etc .
- Treatment: Surgery is required to deal with testicular torsion.
- If found at an early stage, testicles can be saved.
- If not, they may have to be eliminated.
Signs: Diarrhea, constipation, bloating, flatulence, abdominal cramps, headache, fatigue, pain, loss of appetite, etc
- Treatment As discussed above, there can be a number of major reasons for pelvic pain on right side.
- But, one need to keep in mind that all these causes can be efficiently treated.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy depends on the location of the egg as well as the condition of the lady.
- Laparoscopy and surgical treatment are two major treatment methods used to deal with ectopic pregnancy.
- Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis depends on its severity.
- However, antibiotics are the only effective ways of treating it.
Constipation A person is diagnosed with constipation when he or she has bowel movement less than three times a week. Poor diet, inadequate intake of water and fluids, lack of physical activity, prolonged use of certain drugs, misuse of laxatives, etc., are some of the common contributing factors for irregularity. Besides infrequent defecation, constipation is characterized by a feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, difficult evacuation of the bowel due to difficult stool, bloating, and pain. As the stool ends up being hard and dry, the affected individual has to strain during defecation. This can make him/her vulnerable to the advancement of anal fissures, hemorrhoids, or rectal prolapse. Rectal prolapse is said to occur when a part of the lining of the intestinal tract protrudes from the anal opening. Rectal prolapse could lead to the secretion of mucus.
- Flaxseed Flaxseeds include omega-3 fatty acids.
- It draws in water in the bowel and breaks down the difficult stools, making it much easier to excrete them.
- It is extremely important to drink a sufficient amount of water for this solution to work.
- It is always better to use seeds instead of flaxseed oil since the seeds add necessary bulk to the stools, thereby facilitating passage of stools.
- Grinding the seeds before consumption will be more effective as powdered form includes more fiber than the seeds.
The majority of the cases, abdominal pain is caused due to indigestion or constipation. However, if other signs like fever, backache, etc., are observed along with it, you can not rule out the possibility of an extreme underlying disorder. As a number of crucial organs are located in the right abdominal area, there can be many possible reasons for persistent or acute lower abdominal discomfort.
Cholecystitis: In cholecystitis, the gallbladder, a muscular organ located below the liver, appears irritated. The main task of the gallbladder is to collect bile (gastrointestinal juice) from the liver and pass it on to the stomach to promote digestion. Formation of gallstones in the gallbladder is the most common cause of cholecystitis. Cholecystitis patients typically complain about cramping pain in the right side abdominal region and suffer from unwanted changes in healthy bowel function such as diarrhea. As the condition progresses, it might affect the liver and trigger jaundice.
- Ways to Consume.
- Take tsp. rhubarb root tincture 3 times a day.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon. of the herb to 2 cups of water and drink the extract followed by another glass of water.
Some cases, the cramping is restricted to a specific part of the stomach, indicating that an organ within the abdominal region is not working properly. This could be your gallbladder, pancreas or the intestines. However, if the cramp like pain affects a major part of your stomach, it is often due to overeating and inactive way of life that leads to gas, indigestion and bloating.
- Causes Lots of people experience stomach cramps and diarrhea in the morning.
- This is often the result of poor eating habits, excessive alcohol or coffee consumption.
- Digestion disorders that cause these health problems are provided below:
- Appendicitis: Appendicitis triggers inflammation of the appendix, a small 4-inch tubular structure at the beginning of the large intestine.
- Cramps that cause sharp pain in the right side abdominal region is the most common symptom of appendicitis.
- Besides causing severe stubborn belly pain and fever, patients may also experience diarrhea or constipation.
- Valuable Treatments Anxious stomach pains can be managed with medication and particular lifestyle changes.
- Managing an Anxious Stomach
Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis, the swelling of the pancreas can also trigger abdominal cramps and bowel dysfunction that manifests in the form of watery bowel movement. As we all know, pancreas is a tongue shaped, glandular organ, around 15 cm long and lies in the stomach at the rear of the stomach. The pancreas is generally involved in producing enzymes and digestive juice that allow the body to take in and digest consumed food. It is observed that pancreatitis is often diagnosed in alcoholics and people affected with autoimmune disorders. No matter what the cause is, pancreatitis signs that happen are bad digestion, gas, nausea and loose stools.
Gargaarka deg dega ee shubanka Emergany care of diarhea and ORS
Sida lo daweeyo shubanka adigoo kurigaaga jooga iyo gargaarkadeg dega ee lo bahan yahay in aa sameeso Si aad uga hortagto fuuq baxa ku imaankara ...
Colon Cancer: Consistent diarrhea followed by stomach cramps can also suggest colon cancer. Formation of cancerous growth in the colon often activates chronic diarrhea and abdominal pain. Till the cancerous tumor becomes quite large, symptoms usually are mild, thus, go unnoticed. However, once the cancer spreads significantly rectal bleeding that may manifest in the form of bloody diarrhea, is often observed.
- Ways to Consume.
- Mix the seeds in 8 ounces of water.
- Have a glass of water after drinking the mix.
Prebiotics on the Other Hand are Carbs of the Type 'Fructo-Oligosaccharides'
These are essentially short chained sugar molecules, which consist of fructose. Prebiotics are indigestible fibers which supply nourishment to probiotics. As these sugar molecules can not be broken down, they are directly carried to the bowels, where probiotics can feed on them. Asparagus, garlic, onions, berries, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, kale, chard, mustard greens, lentils, whole grains, oats, barley and wheat are some prebiotic sources.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications such as dexedrine, may also bring health problems such as watery stools and abdominal cramps.
- These side effects are usually observed when drugs such as dexedrine are mistreated.
- Overuse of prescription medications is one of the most common causes of abdominal cramps and frequent bowel movement.
- Treatment: In the majority of the cases, making changes in your diet and lifestyle can help in treating constipation.
- The doctor will also recommend medication or laxatives to treat chronic constipation.
- In severe cases, a surgery will be suggested if the person experiences intestinal blockage.
- Pain During the first couple of days after the surgery, patients will face significant amounts of discomfort and abdominal discomfort.
- This is due to the fact that the organs have been shifted internally during the surgery to eliminate the gallbladder.
- The CO2 gas is also responsible for the pain felt in the right shoulder and right side of the abdomen.
- However, this pain subsides within a week or so.
- If an open surgical treatment was carried out, the injury will take couple of weeks to heal.
- Laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc. put pressure on the stitches and end up being unpleasant.
- For laparoscopy, discomfort will be felt around the entry points, which ought to ease in a couple of days.
- Painkillers are prescribed to reduce the pain, however, some painkillers once again have associated side effects.
Although stomach cramps might last for a few minutes, they can be quite hurting. Stomach cramps give an unpleasant feeling due to involuntarily contraction of the stomach muscles. When these irregular contraction are followed by increased frequency in bowel movement (diarrhea), one can not take it lightly as these are the symptoms of an underlying digestive disorder.
Ways to Consume
Swallow 1 tbsp. whole seeds, followed by 2 cups of water. Or, mix 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds with 2 cups of water and drink. Drink a lot of water at regular intervals for better results. If you want to use flaxseed oil for eliminating constipation, mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil with low-fat yogurt. You can add tsp. honey for a better taste. Take this mixture 1 hour before bedtime for much better outcomes.
Diverticulitis: Studies show that people who have actually crossed 60 years of age, tend to struggle with diverticulosis, a condition in which sac like structures (pouches, also referred to as diverticula) kind on the the inner wall of the large intestine (colon). In most cases, these multiple pouches take place in the lower left region of the colon. These pouches are harmless and normally do not interfere with typical bowel function. Hence, many do not even realize that they are having diverticula. However, when these pouches get swollen due to an infection, the condition is referred to as diverticulitis. This condition is characterized by cramps that usually take place in the left side abdominal region. Apart from cramping, diverticulitis likewise disturbs typical bowel habits, which may lead to bloody and watery stools.