Stories Of People With Ibs: Swollen Stomach Causes
Irritable bowel syndrome, ovarian cyst, uterine fibroid, irregularity, lactose intolerance, and overeating are a few of the common causes of a swollen stomach. The common symptoms include increased size of the stomach, a feeling of heaviness, and fatigue. Most of the people experience a general feeling of sickness too. The condition gets resolved on its own as soon as the food gets digested. Nevertheless, a swollen stomach may in some cases indicate some serious underlying medical condition. A few such unusual conditions have been briefly described here.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome, although a digestive disorder, is one of the causes of pain in the back. The exact cause of this condition is not known, but tension, diet, dietary habits, etc., are said to trigger this condition. It is characterized by alternating phases of constipation and diarrhea, left side back pain under ribs, abdominal pain after consuming, bloating, etc.
Stomach discomfort that lasts for 3 days or more Stomach pain that reduces after a bowel movement Changes in the color, texture, and general appearance of your stool
- Gastritis It is a medical condition in which the lining of the stomach is swollen.
- It is symptomized by burning sensation and pain in either the left or right side of the abdomen.
- Coughing Coughing or sneezing too tough sends jerks that travel all the way down to the ribs.
- Relying on the intensity of the jerk, it can cause a crack or a minor swelling in the specific part of the rib cage.
- Rib fractures have been reported after regular episodes of coughing in people suffering from pneumonia or severe cold.
Tests: There are two major lab tests carried to validate the testing and treatment of IBS symptoms with constipation. The first is the food intolerance test. The test involves pricking a finger to collect blood which is the tested for the syndromes. The food intolerance test uses the antibodies in your blood to recognize any food culprits. Many patients who complain of regular diarrhea, stomach discomforts, bloat among other stomach disorders find out that they have food intolerance after the test.
The food intolerance is therefore the major cause of the stomach pains, defecation and frequent bloating after. Though the symptoms of food intolerance differ from one person to the other, major symptoms include having itchy skin, glue ears, sore throats and bloating. The second test is the stool test which aims to measure yeast growth, bad parasites and presence of any parasite in the stool. The health consultant might have to use the 3 stool sample to recognize IBS.
Signs: Diarrhea, throwing up, pain in abdomen, cramping, low-grade fever, body ache, loss of appetite, muscle pain, chills, dehydration, etc
- There is no indication that women suffer more constipation symptoms than men, but women do experience a worsening of symptoms during certain times.
- One of those moments is during pregnancy due to the fact that of the hormone changes.
- These hormonal changes affect the body and disrupt the normal routine, which leads to irregularity.
- Women experience the same issues during the days surrounding menstruation.
- Some women experience even worse constipation symptoms during menstruation as well.
- It is also common for women to experience constipation more often during menopause, which also relates to the body producing less hormones.
- Find other solutions today!
- Psyllium husk, also called 'isabgol' is native to India, and is derived from the seed of a plant called plantago ovata.
- It is incredibly rich in fiber, offering up to 71g of fiber per third of a cup.
- It is a water soluble supplement, however indigestible, which makes it useful to promote healthy bowels and other gastrointestinal functions.
- It has also shown benefits to those who have high cholesterol and diabetes, and aids with controlling obesity and achieving weight reduction.
- On the other hand, it has been found to have certain adverse effects.
Treatment: Treatment aims at relieving the underlying cause. So, it is vital that the underlying factors be diagnosed correctly to initiate the treatment in the right direction. However, if the cause can not be pinned down, the doctor might carry out a surgery to eliminate the enlarged spleen.
Small Bowel Obstruction Mechanical or functional obstruction or blockage of the small intestine is a medical condition that avoids fluids, food, and gas from travelling through the small intestine in a normal manner.
Diseases of the Big Intestine
Crohn's Disease Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that can take place anywhere along the gastrointestinal tract. The exact cause of Crohn's disease is still unknown, but it is believed that it might be associated with genetic factors, environmental factors, or an irregular immune reaction. Signs of Crohn's disease include diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal pain and cramping, ulcers on the surface of the intestine, anal fissures, etc.
Treatment: The treatment options consist of open hernia repair work, hernioplasty, laparoscopic hernia repair, or bowel resection.
EMBARRASSING FART STORIES!
Two Broken Girls are back, talking about body hair. Follow Traci on Twitter @tracistumpf Watch us on Yahoo:http://yhoo.it/QyhqTU Get your LISBUG SHIRTS ...
All-Natural IBS Relief - Bavolex: Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with herbs formulated to support and calm the digestive system. Bavolex includes only the highest quality botanical ingredients that have been clinically developed to work for optimal results. Bavolex's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all combined into this unique IBS formula. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been shown to eliminate the discomfort and flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Purchase »
- Treatment: Medications are recommended to deal with the symptoms.
- Having electrolytes and plain drinking water can treat dehydration.
- At the same time, the doctor will also prescribe changes in diet and lifestyle.
Swallowing Excessive Air
This is a strange, yet common cause of this condition. If you use a straw for your drinks, or if you drink out of sports bottles, then swallowing too much air is probably the cause for your bloated stomach. There are a number of other ways through which we swallow a lot of air, for instances, talking while we eat, chewing on gum all through the day, or eating when on the move. Avoiding these practices can significantly reduce the chances of landing a bloated stomach.
- Few of the common reasons for sharp pain on the left side waist are briefly described below.
- Causes of Waist Pain on the Left Side
Foods to Eat
Increase Fiber Intake: The diet should ideally consist of an increased amount of fiber. A high fiber diet improves the intestinal tract function and helps relieve the painful bowel movements connected with irritable bowel syndrome. There are two forms of fiber, that includes soluble and insoluble fiber. While soluble fiber is the one which dissolves in water to form gel like compounds; insoluble fiber controls irregularity by adding bulk to the stool. Soluble fiber sources include citrus fruits, beans, and apples, while insoluble fiber is present in wheat bran, whole grain breads, and vegetables. (A word of caution though, for people suffering from diarrhea, the excess fiber may only aggravate the symptoms of diarrhea). Also, to avoid looking bloated and constipated, supplement your day-to-day fiber consumption with adequate amounts of water.
- Random, separated incidents of discomfort can occur in any part of the body and neck and back pain is nothing uncommon.
- Nevertheless, having pain in the left side of back after eating is a sign not experienced by many.
- Usually, the pain disappears after a couple of minutes.
- But if it is persistent and has started to make you wary of eating, it is a cause for concern.
- There are many factors that can lead to pain, primary of which are listed below.
We need to understand that not everyone faces side effects of gallbladder removal. Some experience a smooth laparoscopy or open surgery with minimal negative effects. Some do not even have to switch to a low-fat diet. However, some on the other hand, face serious diarrhea problems and have to be extra careful about what they eat. Thus, the side effects vary from one person to another.
IBS the acronym for Irritable bowel syndrome can not be described as a disease in itself. It is rather a disorder related to the bowel movements which arises due to improper functioning of the digestive system. It may also be connected to the nervous system being quite sensitive. One more reason may be the way in which all these functions are managed by the brains.
Feces Floating After bowel movement, if one notices that fecal matter is drifting and not sinking, then there is nothing to stress over. Many individuals argue that as stools are strong waste, they ought to sink as well as term feces drifting as an abnormal change...
Those of you who have missed out on a duration and are experiencing some early symptoms such as morning sickness, should first consult your midwife or doctor. It is possible that you could be pregnant and still get a negative pregnancy test since of low sensitivity pregnancy kit. So, you will be advised to perform a retest after one week. If the second test is negative too, then keep an eye out for the reasons behind late period. The commonly found reasons for irregular menstrual period and possible ways of treating them are given below.
Area of Hepatalgia
The reason liver discomfort is difficult to locate is since of the area where it is located. As pointed out earlier, the liver is located in the upper-right quadrant of the abdomen, just below the chest. So, when one experiences hepatalgia, it is frequently confused as kidney pain, abdominal pain, or back pain.
Bloating Flatulence Insomnia Sexual dysfunction Backache Headache Mucus-rich stool Female Issues: Irregularity Symptoms in Ladies
Pregnancy Due to the development of the fetus, and the subsequent compression of the surrounding internal organs of the mother, the discomfort sensitive areas and nerves are compressed, giving rise to pain. It is fairly common, and can be alleviated to a certain extent by keeping a good position, balancing the fetal weight, and by utilizing heat or ice compresses.
As well as the kinds of food eaten, the overall amount of food should also be considered. Abdominal pain and cramping may be triggered by big meals. If this happens, patients ought to reduce their meal size and instead eat 4 or 5 smaller meals instead. Not everyone will be able to set up 4 or more meals a day, and if sticking to 3 meals a day the general advice would be to eat less fatty food and more food high in fiber at each meal.
Diarrhea Irregularity Seeming like you need to pass a bowel movement, but being not able to
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Solutions
There is no permanent cure for IBS. Nevertheless, medication can help in reducing the symptoms of IBS. Secondly, a change in diet and way of life can also help in eliminating the signs and discomfort caused due to this condition.
Addition to increasing the amount of fiber consumed, a doctor may recommend fiber pills, or a high fiber powder that can be taken mixed with water.
- After a surgical treatment, abdominal noises may not be heard, because it takes time for the general anesthesia to wear off.
- So, there is usually no bowel movement for a while after any kind of surgery that employed general anesthesia.
Ulcerative Colitis: When ulcers or swelling and sores are formed in the lining of the colon and the rectum, it leads to a disease known as ulcerative colitis. This inflammatory bowel disease can cause severe lower stomach pain in guys along with symptoms such as anemia, tiredness, weight loss, skin lesions, fever, queasiness, and bloody diarrhea. Corticosteroids, immunomodulators, and other such drugs are thought to be an effective way of alleviating the pain and infection. In case of severe diarrhea or bleeding, the person has to be hospitalized.
- After cleaning the colon, bowel dysfunctions are removed, and the colon resumes its normal bowel movements.
- The body is healed from within.
- The medicinal properties of aloe restore the peristalsis of the intestines, thereby curing the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- IBS does not respond to other medications or treatment methods.
- Hence, aloe enema is the only solution to this problem.
How is the Diagnosis of Gluten Allergy Made?
Until quite recently the diagnosis was quite tough given that the symptoms are so varied as well as just like other ailments, such as digestive infection, irritable bowel syndrome, iron deficiency, chronic fatigue and Crohn's illness. As a matter of fact, there could be a changeover between gluten allergy and a few of these diseases. A person may have a combination of these problems, which can be aggravated by unsuitable food choices.
Organic treatment The use of herbs in dealing with irritable bowel syndrome is unfortunately sometimes trial and error at first, since of the varying symptoms of IBS from day to day. If you would like to try it, do your research and always supplement first thing every morning with a probiotic. Seek advice from a herbalist who will go over with you which types of herbs can help your condition. Naturopath and herbalists have actually had extensive formal training so they know which herbs are good and suitable for certain conditions. Peppermint is one of the popular herbs that is said to be helpful in soothing colon muscles. Also psyllium husks, which are a natural vegetable fiber are excellent for taking in the past eating meals as they buffer the effects of the food.
Surgery is the only treatment method for dealing with appendicitis. The swollen appendix is removed surgically to avoid further complication. If the inflamed appendix remains neglected, it can rupture, causing a lot of pain.
The signs continue to increase during the third trimester period. One of the most obvious signs that a pregnant woman may experience is constipation. This condition happens because the level of progesterone boosts and allows the muscles of the body to chill out or relax. Once this happen, the digestive system of the body begins to function gradually. Constipation similarly is very evident to people who have poor dieting plans and inadequate exercises.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
Case the pain is accompanied by a regular desire to urinate, and urination is often painful, then you might have a urinary tract infection. UTI includes microbial infection of any of the structures which comprise the excretory system. Some of organs involved in the excretory system of the body are kidneys, bladder, and ureter or urethra.
Some people may face minor discomfort attacks now and then in the long run. However, many people have said this pain is nothing like the pain attacks before the surgery. Some may even face moderate cramping.
- Causes Green stool is caused due to a variety of factors.
- Medication can also be a significant factor that contributes to the excreta being green.
- As soon as the medication is terminated, the color regains normalcy.
- While speaking about the issues of small intestine, the majority of people report obstruction in this portion and infection by hazardous bacteria.
- Accordingly, the symptoms of small intestinal disorders and severity of the conditions may vary from one patient to another.
- For your understanding, following is a list of small intestinal conditions in addition to the manifested symptoms.