Ibs Nutrition Advice: Psyllium Husk Benefits
Psyllium husk, also known as 'isabgol' is native to India, and is derived from the seed of a plant called plantago ovata. It is extremely rich in fiber, offering as much as 71g of fiber per third of a cup. It is a water soluble supplement, however indigestible, which makes it useful to promote healthy bowels and other gastrointestinal functions. It has also shown benefits to those who have high cholesterol and diabetes, and helps with controlling obesity and achieving weight reduction. On the other hand, it has been found to have certain side effects.
- What are the other accompanying signs?
- Is it caused due to adverse effects of any medication/ drug?
Studies have shown that the regular intake of psyllium husk (a minimum of 8 weeks) reduces the levels of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or 'bad' cholesterol in the body.
- Causes Green stool is caused due to a number of factors.
- Medication can also be a significant factor that contributes to the excreta being green.
- As soon as the medication is terminated, the color regains normalcy.
Lactose Intolerance: Those with lactose intolerance can not digest lactose sugar present in dairy items due to absence of lactase enzymes in their digestive system. Here, the pain starts not long after the intake of dairy based items like milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. It is accompanied by abdominal discomfort, cramps and bloating.
- Other Causes: An abdominal discomfort soon after eating can also take place when undigested food from the stomach gets dumped into the big intestine.
- If there is inflammation in the appendix, then the secretion that arises from this infection might spread into the large intestine.
- Because case, one experiences discomfort on the ideal side of the abdominal area.
Enables Weight Loss
Psyllium husk powder, when taken in, becomes bulky as it takes in water. If you want to achieve weight loss, all you have to do is consume this powder 30 minutes before every meal. It will reduce your hunger and enable healthy weight loss.
Symptoms: Diarrhea, throwing up, pain in abdomen, cramping, low-grade fever, body ache, loss of appetite, muscle pain, chills, dehydration, etc
Prior to the treatment of post cholecystectomy syndrome, a thorough diagnosis of the problem is a must. An open discussion between the patient and the doctor is needed and is followed by a series of laboratory tests such as X-rays, blood test, CT scans, etc. The treatment is then based upon the underlying problem. IBS is often treated with suitable medicines that can cool down the abnormal contraction in the bowel. IBS related constipation can be alleviated with the inclusion of dietary fiber. One can get relief from diarrhea with cholestyramine medicines. GERD signs are controlled with proton pump inhibitors that can reduce the level of stomach acid.
Is often combined with antacids, which are equally effective for this purpose. These patients have to follow a proper diet that includes fresh fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. Patients have to cut down on fatty foods particularly saturated fats. Processed foods, refined carbohydrates and sugary foods are not good for them. In specific cases, the doctor may conduct another surgery to ensure proper drainage of the bile juice.
Digestive tract discomfort gives an unpleasant feeling throughout the abdominal cavity. This discomfort is mainly triggered by some issues related to the digestive system. The type and severity vary according to the underlying cause. Often, it is felt as a stabbing discomfort that lasts for a brief amount of time and at other times, it could be a dull pain lasting for several hours. When the discomfort turns serious, many clients begin tossing up. In some cases, they might experience muscle cramps in the abdomen.
Causes of Extreme Pain in Back
Injury Injury is a common cause of pain in the back. Sudden motion, lifting, bending, etc., can lead to straining of the muscles or the ligaments causing injury. On the other hand, injury caused due to fall, blow or accident on the back can cause abrupt serious pain in the back. Muscle injuries are normally seen in sportsmen, athletes, and dancers.
Consumption of laxatives in excess may cause the stool color to turn green as laxatives focus on cleansing the system of toxicities. Therefore, the toxic substances are cleared as laxatives consist a high dose of fiber content and roughage, also assisting in smooth bowel movement. Due to this, diarrhea accompanied with soft, green-colored stool is the result.
Lactose Intolerance: Milk Contains a Type of Sugar Called Lactose
The inability to metabolize this sugar is known as lactose intolerance. This occurs since of absence of lactase (an enzyme needed to digest lactose) in the digestive system. Lactose intolerance can trigger abdominal cramps, which can lead to lower left back pain after taking in a significant amount of dairy products.
Was this Type of Discomfort Experienced Before?
Treatment The physician will recommend a health examination, X-ray or MRI to diagnose the cause. In case of gastroenteritis, it is important to treat dehydration as a priority. Plain drinking water, electrolyte or intravenous (IV) fluids assist in dealing with dehydration. Secondly, the doctor will prescribe prescription antibiotics to deal with the illness entirely. Other medication may also be prescribed to deal with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Taking rest in correct position, having a healthy diet plan, etc. helps in conquering pain during pregnancy. It is suggested to consult the doctor prior to utilizing any medication or home remedies throughout pregnancy.
- Treatment: Medications are prescribed to deal with the symptoms.
- Having electrolytes and plain drinking water can treat dehydration.
- At the same time, the doctor will also prescribe changes in diet and lifestyle.
Natural IBS Treatment - Bavolex: Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with calming herbal ingredients formulated to support and soothe digestion. Bavolex's ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, helping in reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all combined into this special IBS formula. Decreasing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to ease the discomfort and flare-ups associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Purchase »
Addition to increasing the amount of fiber eaten, a doctor may recommend fiber pills, or a high fiber powder that can be taken mixed with water.
- Others lost 2024 Ibs in just 14 days Total weight-loss of 20, 30, 50, and even 80 tbs were tape-recorded.
- The number of Ibs you can expeditiously shed and deflect will depend on how much you're over your ideal weight.
- Howcraving possible to safely lose weight that quickly without hunger.
- As a copywriter that's what I wanted to know.
- So I flew to Cherry Hill New Jersey and set up an interview with Dr Litten.
- Here's what I found out.
- Swan How does your system work?
- Dr Litten, "My system works in two steps.
- First you temporarily alter your body biochemistry to terminate hunger signals.
- This lets you to lose weight very with haste excluding the usual injuring hunger pangs.
Apart from these, Shingles (Herpes Zoster), food poisoning, bowel inflammation, or growth are the other possible causes of upper left abdominal pain.
Causes of a Distressed Stomach
There is nothing to worry about a mild stomach upset after heavy meals. It occurs particularly when one eats fried or spicy foods. You may also get it if you have consumed the food fast. This is not at all a serious condition and subsides when the stomach is given enough time to carry out the digestion process.
Abnormal Colonic Transit Time
Colonic transit time is the amount of time the ingested food spends in the large intestine before it is finally thrown out of the body. If the colonic time is less than regular (which means that the food does not stay for long in the large intestine), then it can cause green bowel movement.
8 Foods to Avoid with IBS
ActiveBeat connects health-conscious individuals with important news and information in the fast-paced world of health. From recalls and outbreaks to diet, ...
- Causes Hard bowel movements can be very uncomfortable and may be triggered due to several reasons.
- Diverticulitis: This condition is characterized by swelling of the intestinal wall, particularly in the large intestinal tract.
- Any extra quantity of pressure on the inflamed intestine throughout food digestion, leads to further swelling and irritation.
- The discomfort is felt at the left side of the lower abdominal area after consuming.
- Fever, diarrhea, irregularity are some of the other accompanying symptoms of diverticulitis.
Few months back while holiday in Mexico I met with my girl a fantastic lady. One talk lead to another and the lady revealed us that today we would have met her husband, which happened to be from Italy, like me. A handful of minutes later a man showed up towards us, we said hi, started conversing about our journey in the US and after a couple of beats the gentleman asked me: "were you hit by a drunk driver several years ago in Italy?". The minute he mentioned this I began seeing his face, he went on "I was the doctor on the trauma center, I recall eliminating morsels of gravel from your knee for hours!". I might not think it, so many years had really gone by, he took great care of me long in the past, we ended up travelling to the same land where later on I uncovered he took care of a few of buddies of mine!
The advised (by my doctor and a gastroenterologist) treatments are even foggier: Ingest a ton of fiber, down a good deal of water, work out and possibly we'll do a colonoscopy. Following doctor's directions did nothing to reduce my circumstances, while rotating constipation and diarrhea were sacking my intestine and self confidence.
Diseases of the Large Intestine
Crohn's Disease Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that can take place anywhere along the gastrointestinal tract. The exact cause of Crohn's disease is still unknown, but it is believed that it might be associated with genetic factors, environmental elements, or an irregular immune response. Signs of Crohn's disease include diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal pain and cramping, ulcers on the surface of the intestine, anal fissures, etc.
Liver Function Tests are Ordered When Liver Dysfunction Signs are Seen
The onset of signs and symptoms of abnormal functioning of liver ought to be discussed with your doctor, immediately. It assists find out the underlying condition. If these signs are neglected, the condition becomes worse. This can lead to more serious complications or irreparable health conditions like liver cirrhosis or liver cancer, which ultimately might result in total liver failure.
The area between the last rib and the hip is known as the flank, and the outer skin on this area is marginally tender. If the region is painful accompanied with other symptoms, like fever, or frequent urination, then it is to your advantage to see a physician, and go through some prescribed tests, such as CT-scan, ultrasound, and an X-ray. In most cases, if the pain is since of a serious medical condition, it will be accompanied by other symptoms. A urinary tract infection may also cause simmering sort of pain; however, at times, the pain can be throbbing, as well.
Signs and Symptoms of Liver Illness Alcohol abuse increases the vulnerability to diseases like fatty liver disease and jaundice. The diseases are reversible with abstinence from alcohol. Those who can not stop drinking alcohol have a high risk of developing cirrhosis (scarring of the tissue and development of liver nodules). This affects liver function seriously and eventually leads to complete liver failure. Liver cirrhosis symptoms are difficult to assess at an early stage. A person who is suffering from liver cancer may experience itchy skin (as bile salts collect under the skin), red itchy sores on the body, itchy eyes, insomnia, irritability, ascites signs and muscle wasting (due to decreased protein production) along with the aforementioned signs.
Build-Up of Fluid in the Abdominal Cavity is Known as Ascites
Sometimes blue or black spider-like blood vessels are present on the skin. A person with liver cirrhosis is also likely to experience the above signs. Cirrhosis of the liver negatively affects the blood flow through liver which ultimately leads to swollen veins around the stomach. These veins can easily burst and bleed. Imbalance in sex hormones due to liver dysfunction in men can lead to bigger breasts, reduced size of the testicles, erectile dysfunction and low sex drive.
Abdominal Pain, More Often Than Not, is Caused Due to Stomach Problems
However, there are also several other reasons for it. The stomach is divided into four quadrants viz. the upper left, upper right, lower left, and lower right abdomen; in order to make studying and diagnosing diseases simpler.
- Treatment Physical examination, X-ray, or CT scan are the effective methods that help in detecting the underlying health condition.
- The doctor will also advise the person to undertake blood and urine tests.
- The treatment depends on the cause and varies appropriately.
- The doctor will prescribe medication and related treatment option.
- Does it come and go?
- Or is it dull discomfort that lasts for a long time?
- Is there anything that helps/ aggravates it?
- Suffering from hard defecation can have several repercussions such as pain or bleeding.
- It is crucial, therefore, to recognize the reasons for the same.
- This way, prompt treatment can be given to take care of the condition before it worsens.
- Hard Bowel Movements in Infants and Toddlers
- Causes Gastrointestinal perforation can occur due to colonoscopy, where the doctor analyzes the colon by inserting a camera.
- This procedure helps the physician to eliminate a few polyps in the walls of the colon to be tested for cancer.
- Colonoscopy treatment can lead to perforation of the large intestine.
- Other than this, medical negligence can also lead to perforated colon.
- The condition may also occur during an enema or due to piercing of the intestines by a colon hydrotherapist.
As well as the types of food eaten, the overall amount of food should also be considered. Abdominal pain and cramping may be triggered by big meals. If this happens, patients should reduce their meal size and instead eat 4 or 5 smaller meals instead. Not everyone will be able to schedule 4 or more meals a day, and if sticking to 3 meals a day the general advice would be to eat less fatty food and more food high in fiber at each meal.
Ulcerative Colitis: When ulcers or inflammation and sores are formed in the lining of the colon and the rectum, it leads to a disease known as ulcerative colitis. This inflammatory bowel disease can cause severe lower stomach pain in guys together with symptoms such as anemia, tiredness, weight loss, skin lesions, fever, nausea, and bloody diarrhea. Corticosteroids, immunomodulators, and other such drugs are thought to be an effective way of relieving the pain and infection. In case of severe diarrhea or bleeding, the person has to be hospitalized.
- Benefits As has been mentioned in the past, the benefits of psyllium husk come from its high fiber content.
- It contains both soluble and insoluble fibers that affect the body in different ways.
Promotes Healthy Bowels Psyllium husk helps in keeping the bowels healthy with the following benefits: Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Gastritis Gastritis is a medical term that describes the swelling of the lining of the stomach. This condition usually triggers a number of signs that include burning feeling and pain in either the left or right side of the abdominal area, relying on the side that is affected with gastritis.
Why May Greasy Food Cause Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is caused after eating greasy food due to the fact that of excessive intake of food, which leads to indigestion and over-straining of the digestive system. It is observed that people who have gallbladder diseases typically have diarrhea after they eat greasy food. It is seen that greasy food emphasizes irritable bowel syndrome, causing diarrhea. Chronic pancreatitis is known to cause this condition, as the body finds it difficult to take in fat. Hence, these patients tend to deal with oily diarrhea. In some cases, this condition might also be caused due to high stress levels.
Irritable Bowel SyndromeFrequent abdominal tightness and pain is a sign of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder of the large intestine, with an unknown cause. A person suffering from irritable bowel syndrome experiences a lot of discomfort due to the signs like abdominal pain and tightness, bloating, diarrhea or constipation.
Began going over as much as I could on the topic and came across a lot of advice, some of it substantially opposed to what my doctor was advising.
Causes To devise a suitable treatment plan, the causes have to be determined with the help of the indicants, followed by the conduction of medical tests. A majority are known to try over-the-counter medication, when they experience pain, and though this might work for some, for others, a visit to the doctor is an absolute must. Undermentioned are the major causes that lead to a painful flank region.
Medications: Some drugs that treat depression, antacids consisting of calcium or aluminum, iron supplements, allergy medications, certain painkillers, some high blood pressure medications, diuretics, and some drugs used to treat Parkinson's disease can cause irregularity.
- Many people make a huge mistake by attempting to treat intestinal tract pain with self-medication, after buying some over the counter medicines.
- You need to strictly prevent it and consult a doctor for its proper treatment.
- If the issue continues after utilizing the medicines given by your doctor, then it is a good idea to take a second opinion from another doctor.
- The symptoms are:Treatment OptionsThe recommendations pointed out hereby may not be generically appropriate.
- The information, by no means, means to supplant the diagnosis and suggestions imparted by the medical practitioner.