Nervous Stomach Treatment Drug: Lower Left Abdominal Pain
Pain in the lower quadrant of the abdomen can be caused due to various reasons. In the majority of the cases, it is caused due to an injury or a disorder in any of the vital organs situated in the abdomen. However, there can also be other underlying causes.
- Conditions that Could Cause Mucus in Feces There are various medical conditions that can cause one to pass mucus in stool.
- Therefore, it is always better to get the underlying cause diagnosed and treated at the earliest.
Abdominal Cramps: Stomach cramps are one of the most common reasons of colon spasms. When abdominal muscles are contracted leading to colon spasm, it can trigger a severe pain in the stomach location where spasm has occurred. Such abdominal pain brought on by the colon convulsion is more gassy and colicky in nature. And it can unexpectedly be felt sharply at any time and may last for few seconds or minutes.
The human anatomy runs on seven major inter-related human body systems: the respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system, immune system, glandular system, and the general structural system. The colon is part of the digestive system. It is the last part in the system and plays a vital role in the excretion of solid waste. It makes up four sections: ascending, transverse, coming down, and sigmoid. When this part of the digestive system gets infected, the damage to the cells manifests in the presence of a great deal of pain and a change in otherwise routine bowel movements. Spastic colon is characteristic of a bowel disorder accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen and sudden change in bowel practices. The paragraphs below will give you the signs of a spastic colon.
Irregularity. Diarrhea. Flatulence. Bloating. Mucus or blood in the feces. Inflammation of these pouches is medically referred to as diverticulitis. These pouches may end up being inflamed when bacteria act on the fecal matter that is trapped inside diverticula. The symptoms of diverticulitis include:
An obstruction in the intestinal tracts due to reasons like volvulus, hernia, Crohn's disease or also due to any adhesion or injury can lead to bowel blockage. Apart from pain in the abdomen, muscle cramping and vomiting are the other signs.
- Eating foods that are not prepared correctly or prepared in unsanitary conditions can cause food poisoning.
- Having contaminated food makes a person fall sick and the disease may give rise to green bowel movement.
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS is a common problem of the modern society. People who are caused with it may feel colic, belching, bloating, heaviness in abdomen, frequent urge to go to toilet, repeating constipation or diarrhoea. All the time the patient is anxious to brood over the matter that he has been suffering from a serious ailment. But it is absolutely a wrong idea. IBS is basic problem that can be dealt with successfully with the aid of ayurveda.IBS patients are generally anxious thus they need proper counselling and they ought to be treated with proper affection and care. It is noted sometimes that the members of the family of the patient never ever try to take the problem of the affected person seriously and turn a deaf ear to his issues as a result the patient suffers from intense anxiety and the ailment get the better of him. Females are regular victims of IBS but adult males can be affected too.
Diarrhea With Mucus
Abdominal cramps Fever Queasiness Bloating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The exact cause of IBS is not known, but it is believed that it could be triggered by a severe gastrointestinal infection. It is believed that the symptoms of this condition worsen due to tension. IBS is classified as diarrhea-predominant, constipation-predominant, or IBS with a rotating stool pattern. People who suffer from IBS may also observe increased levels of mucus in stools. It has been observed that mucous formation is higher in those with diarrhea-predominant IBS. The common signs of IBS include:
Keep in Mind, Yellow Bowel Movement is Related With Indigestion of Food
With lifestyle modifications such as regular workout, these digestive issues can be gotten rid of. However, defecating black stools can not be ignored as it is an indicator of internal bleeding which requires immediate medical treatment.
This condition, inflammation is observed in the portion of the cartilage that connects the ribs with the breastbone. However, in most cases the point of contact between the cartilage and the rib is irritated. People affected with costochondritis, often complain about chest pain that many times trickles down to the left side of the ribs. Often diagnosed in children, costochondritis has been associated with chest injury. Activities that put undue strain on the ribs such as a vigorous exercise or lifting heavy objects can also cause costochondritis.
- Kidney Stones Yes, kidney stones can also be one of the main causes of mucus in urine.
- An increase in the number of kidney stones causes stones to release minerals in blood which causes the urine to look cloudy.
- Symptoms of Colon Spasms.
- Colon spasm symptoms can greatly differ from person to person with various intensity but a few of the common symptoms always remain the same.
- They are as following.
Mucus is a slimy secretion that is produced by the mucous membranes that line the mouth, nose, sinuses, throat, lungs, and the digestive tract. The production of mucus is one of the protective mechanisms utilized by our body. One of the basic functions of mucus is to lubricate or moisten the underlying tissues. The secretion of mucus also helps with the passage of food from the esophagus to the stomach. The bicarbonate ions and mucus which are secreted by the epithelial cells of the stomach also protect the lining of the stomach from the acidic environment created by stomach juices.
Acts as a lubricant, consequently assisting in the passage of food in the digestive tract, until it is excreted out. The presence of a small amount of clear mucus in stool is normal, but the amount of mucus could increase if a person is suffering from a digestive condition. Speak with a doctor under these circumstances, and inform him/her about the other symptoms that may be accompanied by increased amounts of mucus in feces.
- Stomach pain is caused due to minor conditions, it can be treated with pain killers or by taking rest.
- However, it is suggested not to take any medication without prescription.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test: This is one test that is used when blood in feces is not visible to the naked eye.
- In such a case, unusual color may not be seen, due to presence of small amount of blood in stool.
- This test is the most reliable way to confirm blood in feces.
- In order to identify the underlying cause, various blood tests are carried out.
- This is a low-cost, non invasive procedure that gives information about the precise amount of blood in stool sample.
- An easy manner in which to perform fecal occult blood test is provided below:
This medical condition is caused by physical or functional obstruction of the bowel. The mechanical causes of bowel blockage include tumors, adhesions, gallstones, affected stool, intussusception (when a part of the intestine slides into the surrounding area) or irregular twisting of the intestine. Such an obstruction stalls the transit of digested food or waste. Whatever be the cause, the condition is considered to be a medical emergency. The symptoms of this medical condition include:
Eating Too Fast and/or Overeating
Due to a busy lifestyle, many a time, people do not have the time to eat in leisure. Eating too fast ought to be avoided as it can cause a bloated stomach. Sometimes, we skip our meals, and when we do eat, we tend to overeat. This burdens the digestive system triggering a bloated feeling in the stomach.
Tightness in stomach caused due to irritable bowel syndrome, also referred to as spastic colon, can be cured by following a spastic colon diet. Foods containing magnesium, such as green leafy vegetables, foods abundant in folic acid, such as whole wheat breads and cereals, foods rich in vitamin B6, such as beans, peas and carrots, should be undertaken.
- Get more information on ayurvedic treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Have a look at this link for more ayurveda treatments for common diseases. "
- Constipation Irregularity is a health condition where a person has a difficulty in having regular defecation.
- It can be chronic or acute, and can occur due to various reasons.
- Stomach pain are bloating are the common symptoms of constipation.
Why Does Your Stomach Feel Tight?
The problem could be due to. Wrong Consuming Habits People who enjoy overeating often experience discomfort in stomach after eating. Eating foods which are very hot or oily, can lead to this condition. Eating at wrong times, such as late nights or in the middle of the night, can sometimes cause stomach pain too. Excessive intake of alcohol is another cause behind this.
Diverticulosis The term 'diverticulum' refers to an unusual sac-like structure that forms in the large intestine. It is thought that such pouches develop when the waste that is stored by the large intestine becomes hard and puts pressure on the walls of the colon. The formation of these pouches is referred to as diverticulosis. More often than not, this condition is asymptomatic. However, development of many such pouches could give rise to signs such as:
Sharp Abdominal Discomfort
Distended abdominal areas Nausea and vomiting Fever Although the passage of mucus in stool is not always a cause of serious concern, consult a doctor if it has been taking place on a daily basis. Besides the previously mentioned medical conditions, excess mucous in stool could be due to an anal fistula (a small connection or channel that develops between the anal canal and the skin near the anus) or rectal ulcers. The development of a deadly growth in the colon could also be a contributory factor. Though the use of drugs would provide relief, ensure that you make dietary adjustments and other lifestyle changes that have been suggested by your doctor.
- Hope this article has made one thing clear in your mind, that you ought to not get alarmed when your duration is delayed.
- As you can see, the medical problems responsible for missed duration require proper treatment.
- On the other hand, for the non medical reasons, changes in lifestyle can bring back the normal cycle.
From a physiological perspective, IBS can in some cases develop through overstated contractions of the muscles in the digestive tract walls; after an intestinal infection; through certain food intolerances; a lack of dietary fibre; and through consuming meals at irregular intervals.
Tightness of stomach, nausea, bloating in pregnancy is quite common as long as it is not serious. If the conditions end up being severe, i.e., stomach pain during pregnancy as well as discomfort in stomach becomes extreme, it is recommended to seek advice from an obstetrician immediately. Tightness in stomach caused due to an injury can be cured by resting the stomach and refraining from any activity which puts undue pressure on the stomach muscles.
Ulcerative colitis is a type of inflammatory bowel disease that is characterized by swelling of the innermost lining of the large intestine and the rectum. When the inflammation is restricted to the rectum, the condition is referred to as ulcerative proctitis. The inflammation could give rise to the development of open sores or lesions. At a later stage, these ulcers could bleed and the affected individual may suffer from regular episodes of diarrhea. He or she might notice traces of blood or mucus in the stool. Other symptoms of this inflammatory bowel illness include:
Celiac illness is caused due to gluten or wheat intolerance in which the lining of the small intestinal system can not tolerate the presence of gluten, hence digestion gets severely affected. This, in turn leads to diarrhea-- stool that has a greenish-blue color which also smells nasty.
- Vitamin B12 is often deficient in those affected by IBS and enhancing with fairly large doses can be really helpful.
- Homeopathy is another modality who has shown to be effective as has Acupuncture.
Overeating In some cases a bloated stomach is simply because of overindulging. When too much food is consumed too rapidly, and digestion slows down in an effort to handle it all. This can cause a great deal of pain, as well as other signs such as indigestion, heartburn and fatigue. If overeating happens frequently, you may be suffering from an overeating condition, which can lead to obesity, diabetes and other serious health conditions.
Digestive tract Parasitic Infections: Another rather common cause is amoebiasis. This is an infectious disease that affects the large intestine, and is mostly contracted when someone consumes or drinks contaminated food or water, containing Entamoeba histolytica, an intestinal parasite. In this disease, the amoeba attach themselves to the large intestine, and cause serious symptoms like bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramps, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and fever. In the initial stages there are mostly no symptoms, but if the person's resistance is low, or if the number of amoeba all of a sudden increase, then the signs become visible. This condition is contagious, as the stool that is passed includes the parasites, thus, it can contaminate the water that it comes in contact with, and spread. Another example of an intestinal parasite is giardiasis, where the causative agent for the condition is a parasite called Giardia lamblia.
Treatment For treating a tight stomach triggered due to wrong kind of eating habits, avoiding spicy, oily foods and eating in moderation is the key. Eating a well-balanced diet with high fiber foods, help in reducing the gas, burping and the stomach tightness symptoms. Drinking lots of fluids including 10-12 glasses of water daily, helps in making the digestive process quicker and thus, reduces the tightness in stomach. Exercising everyday is the key to better digestion and basic overall good health, so form a routine of the exact same, as quickly as possible.
- Green Bile As we all know, the liver produces a green colored digestive juice referred to as the bile.
- The production of bile is necessary to ensure proper food digestion of food.
- It is a known fact that stool formation takes place in the large intestine.
- When the bile gets in the large intestine, it eventually turns yellowish brown and after that mixes with the stool.
- This is the reason why stool appears brown in color.
- Nevertheless, if the bile and the stool formed move quickly out of the large intestine, it is unlikely that the bile will end up being yellow.
- So, with the bile color remaining the same (green), the waste matter also appears greenish-yellow during bowel movement.
Need a simple, non-invasive breath tests to find out whether you have fructose, lactose and sorbitol malabsorption and small intestine bacterial overgrowth? Take the test from Stream Diagnostics, Australia's leading provider of hydrogen/methane breath tests.
Medications In case the person is having green vegetables in moderate amounts and also is not experiencing intestinal problems then green poop may be due to consumption of medicines like antibiotics.
Sleep Hypnosis for Anxiety, Digestion & IBS
Download this track: https://michael-sealey.dpdcart.com/cart/add?product_id=100731&method_id=105966 My iTunes: ...
Diarrhea Diarrhea is a stomach problem in which the stools become extremely watery and their frequency increases considerably. If a tight stomach is accompanied by symptoms such as, loose stools, stomach pain, headaches, nausea, fever and blood in stools, the reason could be diarrhea.
- Gas-producing Food There are certain foods, which are known for causing gas difficulty, which in turn lead to a bloated stomach.
- Foods, such as legumes, beans, cabbage, etc. function in this category.
- Tightness in stomach can be described as an abdominal pain felt on account of stomach pain, stomach cramping and even stomach bloating.
- It is very difficult to pinpoint what exactly is a tight stomach, as different individuals experience it in different ways.
The main trigger factor for the condition is believed to be without treatment or neglected gastrointestinal infection. Dysfunctional brain-gut axis is another cause for the onslaught of this painful condition. Biochemical changes such as high serotonin in-vitro, increased cellular involvement in cytokine Interleukin 1 Beta production, elevated cytokines Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, Interleukin 1 and 6, increased protease and protozoan Blastocystis antibodies also trigger the condition.
Abdominal cramps Abdominal discomfort Abdominal distention Failure to pass gas Constipation Vomiting
- Fullness and Bloating: Fullness and bloating can also be experienced by a person suffering from colon spasms.
- A person may feel that his or her clothes are tighter and may feel suffocated in them.
- The bloating and fullness can be associated with flatulence and rumbling sounds in the stomach.
- Apart from this, some people also suffer from nausea and vomiting while suffering from colon spasm.
- Symptoms of constipation can be relieved with laxatives, having a high-fiber diet, hydration, etc.
- Medication and making changes in way of life and diet can help in dealing with diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
This is one of the significant causes of pelvic pain in ladies. Ectopic pregnancy is an irregularity or complication in pregnancy that occurs when the fertilized egg is placed in any other place, than the uterine wall. The exact cause of ectopic pregnancy is unknown, but, it can be dangerous, if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
You could also have a talk with a nutritionist who can give you the right guidance regarding this subject. Exactly what this person normally does is to remove from your diet all foods that are known to cause this problem and present them to your diet plan one after the other. This will help the food nutrition expert to figure out which foods are causing the problem in your case. It is absolutely necessary to get personalized service for your problem else you will never be free of this condition which is in any case incurable.