Ibs Blog: Why Alternative Methods Beat Conventional Medicine in Testing and Treatment for IBS
Substantial number of people have checked out the GP wishing to cure their Irritable bowel syndrome, but the prescriptions they got did not effectively help them to deal with the problem. Statistics show that people looking for standard testing and treatment for IBS symptoms in guys have end up searching for alternatives.
Consuming food that is not saved properly or prepared in unsanitary conditions is harmful and leads to food poisoning. So, within a few hours of having polluted food, one is likely to vomit and most importantly experience consistent pain around belly button.
Lactose is a component of milk for this reason present in lots of dairy products. Many people are naturally not able to digest lactose. This is because they do not have an enzyme called lactase which is necessary for lactose digestion. The failure to absorb lactose is called lactose intolerance. When a lactose-intolerant person happens to have it, he/she frequently suffers from swelling in the stomach, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, stomach cramps, and gas.
Herniated disc, also called slipped disc or burst disc, is the rupture or bulging of the fibrous cartilage present between two vertebrae, resulting in pressing of the nerves. It usually happens in the lumbar area, i.e., in the lower back. Compression of the sciatic nerve leads to another painful condition known as sciatica, that causes pain in lower back shooting down into a leg.
Having a healthy and balanced diet assists in prevention of abdominal muscle spasms to a great extent. Similarly, methods of cleanliness and hygiene ought to also be maintained frequently. Finally, one must keep in mind that all the diseases causing abdominal muscle spasms can be treated effectively if timely treatment is undertaken. It is recommended to speak with the doctor for proper assessment and treatment. Take care!
- Aloe - Aloe consists of a steady amount of vitamins and nutrients that help the body naturally cleanse itself.
- Aloe aids in the removing of undesirable contaminants and bacteria with no alternative outcomes.
The Exact Cause of this Syndrome is Unknowned
However, IBS is observed to be more common among the people who have sensitive intestine or compromised immune system. Majority of the people suffering from IBS tend to ignore the symptoms and do not choose medical treatment. Diagnosis of IBS is done based on the symptoms, physical examination, and medical history of the patient. After a correct diagnosis, the doctor may recommend medications in order to manage IBS. Sometimes, natural remedies and dietary as well as way of life changes can effectively control the symptoms of IBS.
Heartburn Disease can be Treated With the Help of Medication
Nevertheless, it is necessary to make changes in your lifestyle if you wish to get rid of it permanently. In order to treat irritable bowel syndrome, it is important to treat its symptoms individually. There are medications readily available to deal with constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain. However, you must note that irritable bowel syndrome can not be treated completely. But, making changes in lifestyle and food habits can help reduce severity and frequency of the disease.
Is a fact that the majority of the bacteria that inhabit our body are benign. Nevertheless, there are several types of bacteria that enter our body, chiefly through the respiratory system, and multiply, thereby triggering instability of the existing innocuous germs of the body. A bacterial infection may cause various contagious diseases and medical conditions, like strep throat, urinary tract infection, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), to name a few. These bacteria are also called pathogens. When these bacteria start colonizing, a healthy body begins to show the signs of a bacterial infection.
Digestive Problems in Infants
Colic, food allergies, lactose intolerance, and acid reflux are the problems found in babies. Colic is found in children, who are less than 3 months old. This happens mainly in those infants, who are more sensitive towards intestinal gas. In this condition, the baby sobs continually for a number of hours of the day, particularly in the evening. The symptoms that you notice while the infant is crying, are swollen abdomen, tensed legs that are drawn towards the body, and the hands clenched.
Even the face of the child reddens if he/she is suffering from any of the above problems. Infant acid reflux mainly occurs when the child drinks too much of milk or drinks it faster. Sometimes, excessive crying or coughing can also cause back flow of acids from the stomach into the esophagus. It can be related to frequent spitting out, vomiting, lack of appetite, irritability, etc. These problems can be tackled by bringing about modifications in feeding techniques and overall eating habits of the baby.
People who are often experiencing this type of condition have really sensitive colon muscle that leads them to feeling the above said symptoms after too much food intake. IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is not certified as a serious illness due to the fact that it does not lead to cancer or any other disease. But people who are experiencing it may experience a lot of uncomfortable feeling that may lead them to questioning their health. And going to their doctor and having tests to make sure the indications are for IBS may be applicable.
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth (SBBO): This illness is also referred to as Little Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). The main function of the small intestine is to digest food and absorb it into the body. The complete gastrointestinal tract consists of bacteria that aid in digestion, and the number of bacteria in the small intestine is less as compared to those in the large intestine. Thus, SBBO is a condition when the number of bacteria in the small intestine grow in number. There are lots of health conditions that can cause SBBO. These include, immune system condition, short bowel syndrome, diabetes, scleroderma, small bowel diverticulosis and particular surgical procedures. Bloating, fullness, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and cramps are the major signs of SBBO.
Easy to Digest Veggies
Vegetables that are excellent sources of soluble fiber are often recommended for individuals with gastrointestinal problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Soluble fiber alleviates digestive tract inflammation and regulates bowel function. As it is soluble in water, soluble fiber has the ability to bring in more fluid into the colon and include softness to the stool. This helps to facilitate their transit through the colon. Some of the vegetables that contain soluble fiber in good proportion are provided below: Easily Digestible Vegetables - Raw or Cooked?
Natural IBS Relief: Bavolex: Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with soothing herbal ingredients formulated to support and soothe the digestive system. Bavolex contains only the best quality botanical ingredients that have been clinically developed to work for optimum results. Bavolex's ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to relieve the symptoms related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
More Details about This Product »
Diverticulitis seems to be the new "Disease of the Year", in the media. Everywhere you turn you're hearing more doctors and medical studies say "More people in the world have either diverticulitis or diverticulosis than ever!" But how many of them are telling you effective and simple ways to stop it? Certainly not many.
Stay away from caffeine!! Drink lots and lots of water Take notice of food allergies and sensitivities; especially lactose intolerance Avoid alcohol, soda, dairy items, high sugar and fatty foods (processed foods), and vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts which can increase gassiness Eat smaller meals at a slower pace throughout the day as opposed to inhaling a few large meals Consume food high in dietary fiber Include natural beneficial germs into your everyday program. Look for a mild, organic liquid probiotic that is dairy, wheat, and soy-free. Low stress way of life - can't emphasize this enough. Attempt yoga, breathing exercises, a massage, etc. - whatever helps you wind down. Maintain active physical fitness levels.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: Discomfort in the left side of the abdomen in a woman might be caused due to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- This disease refers to the inflammation of the uterus, ovary and/or the fallopian tube on the left side of the body.
Here is a Sample of the Websites that Present Support on IBS:
Www.ibsgetwell.co.uk - This site has little with regards to IBS and rather more about its founder, Adrian Blake, who encourages "stress management approaches to IBS". Mr Blake, who is psychotherapist and states to be the first person in the UK to obtain a hypnotherapy degree, offers a deal of hypnotherapy CD, handbook, achievement plan and daily progress record for 26.99. He asserts that "gut guided hypnotherapy" is now the treatment of choice for many gastroenterologists, and can help 70-80 percent of patients.
Benefits: There are Many Kinds of this Fiber, E.G
Pectin, mucilage, and gums. These supplements of roughage have a variety of health benefits. Important dietary fiber foods: All fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables, contain this fiber. So do apples, grapes, barley, rye, sesame seeds, carrots, prunes, peaches, and gooseberries as well as nuts, seeds, and vegetables. If you go by the fiber content of foods, then flax seeds are highly rich. About 100 grams of flax seeds have approximately 12 grams of fiber. Likewise, in food products such as soya beans, lima beans, and cooked artichoke, the fiber contents are 2.09, 5.87, and 5.46 grams per 100 grams of their weight, respectively.
Fifth: Cholesterol and Blood Sugar
Everyone knows about cholesterol levels, good and bad. There have been numerous studies on it as a risk-factor for heart attacks and heart disease. There's plenty you can do naturally to help lower cholesterol, but did you know getting sufficient fiber will help too? Soluble fiber has been proven to lower blood cholesterol levels.
Aloe Vera Juice Side Effects With the popularity of aloe vera on the rise, and different business marketing the numerous health advantages of this wonder herb, little is known about the negative effects of the aloe vera extracts. The gel and leaves, that are used for making...
Mucus is generally a jelly like substance which is produced by the intestines and is naturally present in stool, ergo passing it during bowel movement is a normal procedure. However, doctors also say that if the amount of mucus prominently increases with time, and is accompanied by bleeding or other bowel problems like constipation, diarrhea, etc., then this considerably warrants a medical examination. Keep in mind that, the mucous does not have to be necessarily white. It might be clear, yellow or green.
HEALTH & NUTRITION TALK: b12, healing IBS & natural medicine
My website is under construction. The blog has some articles, the recipes and supplements pages are constantly being updated and the rest is being worked on.
The most frustrating reality about this disease is that no one has yet found out the cause for it and thus there is no prescribed cure for it. Doctors say that it is a practical condition but when the intestinal tract is examined, no disease is detected. Doctors are of the view that the major cause of IBS could be tension and emotional conflict that disrupts the normal functioning of the colon or large intestine part that extends from mecum to the anus. Herbal remedies have so far shown to be very effective for treating IBS symptoms.
- Treatment Medications can relieve symptoms of IBS considerably.
- The doctors may advice patients to consist of fiber supplements in their diet plan.
- Medicines like loperamide or lomotil are often prescribed to decrease diarrhea.
- Doctors often suggest an antispasmodic to reduce abdominal pain and digestive convulsions.
- Individuals who do not respond to conventional therapy are treated with alosetron hydrochloride (Lotronex).
- This medicine is particularly recommended for people with severe IBS.
The first part of the colon which is connected with the small intestine is called caecum. The part between the caecum and rectum is referred to as colon which is divided into four parts, ascending, transverse, descending, and sigmoid colon. Colon function consists of holding waste products and reabsorbing water from wastes to maintain water balance in the body. Numerous friendly bacteria grow in the colon, and help improve the process of digestion. They play an important role in curbing the growth of harmful bacteria. They help transform undigested food materials into easily satisfactory stools. When the food is completely absorbed, and when it moves forward through the colon, it changes its form, and acquires dark brown color.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Irritable bowel syndrome, also called spastic colon, is said to be a practical bowel disorder. People struggling with irritable bowel syndrome often come across a great deal of pain. However, this is not a very serious condition, as it poses no permanent harm to the large intestine. The condition itself is characterized by diarrhea and stomach ache, and some other common symptoms such as bloating, irregularity, etc. The symptoms again differ from person to person.
- Gastroenteritis: This is a viral infection that attacks the stomach and the intestines.
- More specifically, it is the swelling of the gastrointestinal tract that causes bloody diarrhea, if treatment is neglected.
Stomach Distention is Another Sign Which can be Observed
One may develop persistent swelling on the abdominal areas that looks irregular. One might even have a feeling of fullness at all times due to the perforated colon. This leads to loss of appetite. One may even develop a fever of over 102 F and above, along with chills.
Ulcerative colitis is another reason for blood and mucous being released along with stool. Many a time there may be white mucus, for which ulcerative colitis might be the reason. In this condition the latter part of the large intestine is swollen. Some of the signs of this condition include cramps and pain in abdomen, bleeding from the rectum and diarrhea.
Besides the abovementioned conditions, genetic defects, mesenteric ischemia, mesenteric cysts, duodenal ulcers, diverticular disease, bacterial infections, viral infections, and diseases caused by infectious agents could also adversely affect the function of the small intestine.
- Pregnancy Pregnancy is one of the common causes of pain in the back in females.
- During pregnancy, the weight of the woman increases considerably resulting in increased pressure on the back.
- Over straining of the abdominal and back muscles cause pain, specifically in the lower back.
- Consumption of alcohol, milk products, soft drinks, and fatty foods can get worse symptoms of IBS.
- People diagnosed with IBS especially, ought to not drink alcohol as it is a GI (gastrointestinal) irritant.
- Alcohol is a major factor responsible for intensifying of IBS symptoms.
- Alcoholic drinks such as wine or beer pose a threat for IBS clients.
- Issues might develop if drinking is continued and may even trigger an IBS attack.
- Maintaining a healthy digestive system is essential for carrying out regular digestion and other metabolic processes.
- The small intestine, though relatively healthy, is also susceptible to numerous problems.
- To mention a few, commonly diagnosed problems include blockage, infections, tumors, celiac disease, and short bowel.
- Each of these cases impairs the digestion process and interrupts regular absorption of nutrients, leading to various symptoms.
Alcoholic liver disease (ALD) refers to the damage that is caused to the liver due to long term alcohol abuse. It can manifest as fatty liver, alcoholic liver disease, and cirrhosis of the liver. Damage to the liver may start as fatty liver and progress through alcoholic hepatitis to reach the final stage of this liver disease called cirrhosis. Fatty liver occurs due to intense alcohol intake and this condition can be reversed by abstaining from alcohol usage. Functions of the liver do not deteriorate when one has a fatty liver, but the abnormality can be found through a blood test.
Alcoholic hepatitis is caused in those who drink heavily for a long period of time. The symptoms can range from mild to dangerous. Abstinence can help one recoup; however, those who drink heavily are at a risk of developing cirrhosis of the liver. Cirrhosis is characterized by the development of nodules in the liver. Excess alcohol consumption leads to irreparable damage to the liver cells. One may develop jaundice and suffer from bruising or bleeding due to abnormalities with blood clotting. As the disease progresses, the liver cannot carry out normal functions that might finally cause liver failure. It is important to understand the indications of alcoholic liver disease to be able to discover it before it is too late.
You might enjoy doing high strength exercises but after a workout session you may deal with a hard time dealing with pain around belly button. This is because, exercises that are done vigorously such as crunches or those involving lifting weights can be exhausting to the abdominal muscles. As a result, the undue stress on the abdominal muscles can manifest in the form of navel pain.
- But why do they form?
- And why "now more than ever"?
- It's not your fault!
- Just browse at the foods readily available to everybody.
- They're full of refined flour and there isn't a lot of 'entire grain' that tastes delicious as an option for you.
- The combination of inadequate liquid throughout the day, together with not enough soluble and insoluble fiber adds up to digestive tract trouble.
- Fiber isn't really the only thing.remember the above points?
- Chia Seeds have you covered on all five points.
- You can even actually see the viscous (appears like a gelatin or gummy) fibers on the outside when you make Chia gel.
- These help lower blood cholesterol and normalize blood glucose and insulin levels.
- It's time to feel full longer, reduce your cholesterol, and clean up any colon issues!
- Chia Seeds are incredibly easy to use.
- They have no flavor of their own, so you can add them to anything you already like to eat.
- They are allowed to hydrate in a liquid food (like yogurt, juice or cola) they will take on the taste of that food.
- In cooking, because of their ability to distribute flavors, they can actually make the food more flavorful!
- A tablespoon of Chia a day is generally what many people require.
- Chia seeds are incredibly safe and simple to use, so you don't need to worry about having too much.
- The seeds also include essential micro-nutrients, omega 3 healthy oils and b-vitamins.
- No fiber substitute can do all of that, while tasting as great and being as versatile as Chia.
- When you add Chia to your meals, you're guaranteeing that you and your family are getting the fiber your body needs.
- NOW is the time to take control of your digestive health, and the most convenient answer is Chia.