What Causes Ibs: Licorice Root Side Effects
Licorice plant (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is a bean, and its roots have a sweet flavor. The roots contain substances, like anethole and glycyrrhizic acid, that are responsible for the sweet taste and other properties of this herb. Licorice was used by the ancient Greeks and Egyptians for therapeutic purposes. This herb was used for dealing with stomach disorders as well as respiratory problems. It was very widely used in Asia and Europe too. Today, licorice is used as flavoring agent and as a natural medicine. It is readily available as root extract, tablets, root tea, candies, etc. You may also come across tobacco products flavored with licorice. Nevertheless, usage of licorice in high doses, that too for a long term, may result in serious side effects.
- Barrett's Esophagus: It is an issue of GERD.
- Individuals experiencing Barrett's Esophagus are at a high risk of experiencing esophageal cancer.
Recently, People Have Begun Using the Green Part of the Leaves Also
The outer part of the aloe leaves are crushed, and made into aloe vera juice, or dried and used as a laxative. Aloe vera juice in itself has quite a number of health benefits, which includes relief from digestive problems, irregularity, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. It is believed to be beneficial in regulating the blood pressure and sugar levels. Aloe vera juice is said to be a potent drink that is useful for strengthening the immune system. Sadly, while raving about the advantages of this remarkable beverage, the negative effects of this drink have stayed unnoticed.
- The medications that are specifically utilized for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding representatives.
Severe Abdominal Pain and Cramps Might Require Anticholinergic Drugs and Dicyclomine
Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the level of sensitivity of the colon to stress and particular specific foods. The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
Causes of IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome
For more information visit us at http://www.morethanjustmedicine.com Causes of IBS explained by Consultant Gastroenterologist Dr Simon Smale. Knowing the ...
Spastic Colon is the Another Name of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Which is a Food Poisoning
The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also trigger a reduction in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally categorized as a functional gastrointestinal disorder, as it is associated with how the intestine works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
- Pain in left side of the rib cage may also be a sign of the existence of stomach ulcer.
- Depending on the severity of the condition, the pain may last longer or many subside in a few minutes.
Causes When talking about underlying causes, it has been observed that constipation, indigestion and diarrhea are the three most frequently skilled conditions that cause stomach pain. Apart from these, the following are the other significant and possible causes to watch out for.
- However alosetron can cause some serious problems, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Currently, the FDA has allowed the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can prescribe the drug for treating severe IBS in women.
- This drug is not approved for use by guys.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
- Crohn's Disease: It is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), characterized by inflammation in the lining of the digestive tract.
- Genes and incorrect functioning of the immune system are thought to be the possible causes.
Consumption of Greens
A green bowel movement is usually the response to a specific constituent in the diet. Sounds strange, right? However, it's true! Consuming large number of leafy greens such as lettuce, spinach, broccoli, etc., may conduce to green bowel movements. The high chlorophyll content in the vegetables triggers the greenish color. What enters, comes out! So, how do you expect the bowel movement to not be green after consuming all those packages of leaves?
Regardless of the fact that you will discover restrictions for the IBS Diet plan Plan as folks who have problems with IBS have normally developed food tolerances, the application of this technique to manage an individual's indication are usually favorable. Food products which are to be included in the IBS Diet plan Strategy are generally modest, yet are in fact found to enhance the individual's gastrointestinal motions in addition to relieve quite a few signs of the problem.
- Other Causes: Some infections caused by protozoan parasites giardiasis and amoebiasis can be responsible for this condition.
- Some other underlying health problems like gallbladder illness, liver disease, diabetes, and poor nutrition are the other extreme diarrhea triggers.
- Celiac Disease: It is an autoimmune disorder, impacting the small intestine.
- People experience severe side effects on taking in gluten-containing foods.
But there is more than one type of colitis, there is more than one kind of colitis treatment and knowing the difference between them is important to help with diagnosis and treatment. Here we will take a look at the most common forms.
Here is a list of the probable causes of this condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable bowel syndrome is a typical gastrointestinal tract issue that is marked by abnormal gut contraction. The characteristic symptoms are discomfort in the abdomen, passage of mucus-coated stools, flatulence, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
Milk of magnesia. Bisacodyl. Senokot. The long-term use of laxatives is nevertheless not recommended, as they can cause dependence, or loss of normal bowel function.
- Treatment Consulting the doctor is the first thing to do if these symptoms are observed.
- The doctor will ask the patient to carry out blood and urine tests.
- Treating dehydration is the first step to be followed as diarrhea triggers dehydration.
- For that reason, the doctor will recommend the person to have electrolytic fluids and water.
- In case of severe diarrhea and dehydration, hospitalization, and IV fluids may be required.
- The further treatment entirely depends on the underlying cause.
- Gluten Allergy You may also be allergic to gluten which is a protein found in wheat.
- The gluten causes damage to your intestines, thereby causing constant diarrhea.
An upset stomach with diarrhea and throwing up are signs of food poisoning or viral infection. If diarrhea occurs frequently, or continues for a very long time, then it could be related to parasitic infection, irritable bowel syndrome, or spastic colon. When it gives a constant heartburn, it is possibly caused by acid reflux disease.
The Best Treatment For IBS - Coping with Constipation caused by IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome, whilst not life threatening, can be debilitating. People can suffer different symptoms and experience different degrees of discomfort. There is no one-off miracle cure; however most people respond well to treatments, be it...
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, stomach cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the digestive canal by eliminating all the toxic substances and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps boost immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon cleanse. Several other commercial advantages of the clay add to its value.
- Costochondritis Costochondritis is a condition in which the cartilages linking the ribs with the breast bone are infected and irritated.
- It is caused due to a viral infection, and it causes sharp gnawing pain under the left rib cage, more so while breathing deeply.
- The signs of costochondritis are often confused with that of a heart attack.
- Medical examination can help diagnose the situation.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) incorporates a group of health conditions, which causes pain and pain in the intestinal tract.
- The most common symptoms of IBS include abdominal pain, stomach pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- It is estimated that one out of every five Americans experiences the symptoms of this syndrome.
- Though IBS disturbs the normal day-to-day activities, it rarely triggers long-term health complications.
Finally, you must keep in mind that the majority of the above mentioned causes can be effectively treated if timely treatment is undertaken. Therefore, you should not ignore any kind of pain and symptoms. Take care!
Has Been Observed that the Majority of the Side Effects are Caused by High Dosages
Licorice roots should not be taken by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, cirrhosis, kidney problems, heart diseases, low blood potassium levels, estrogen-sensitive disorders, etc. Pregnant and nursing women and little kids must also avoid use of this herb. It is better to avoid licorice, if you are taking diuretics or heart medication. In case, you wish to use this herb for medical purposes, seek advice from a qualified herbal practitioner and follow his instructions.
Donnatal Levsin Levbid Pro-Banthine (propantheline) Bentyl Antidepressant medications can also be recommended, if the client experiences depression together with stomach pain. These drugs can increase pain tolerance, and treat depression and anxiety experienced by the patients of spastic colon. Two other medications that are specifically used for IBS treatment are, alosetron and lubiprostone. Alosetron is a nerve receptor antagonist that can relax the colon, and slow down the movement of waste through it.
Factors that are thought to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which manages the performance of the intestinal tract), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, psychological problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transmit nerve signals between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) system. Even hormone imbalance has been presumed to be related to IBS, as this condition is more widespread in women, and its symptoms typically aggravate before or throughout menstruation.
- Treatment: Proper high-fiber diet plan together with use of laxatives is recommended for treating this syndrome.
- Stomach Ulcers
The condition is paradoxical since lactose deficiency makes food digestion of lactose tough. Lactose can be found in sugar, milk, and dairy products. People having this disorder will often experience diarrhea and bloating after eating dairy products or lactose containing foods.
Sacramento mothers of Middle Eastern and similar Mediterranean location descent have for generations took care of colic by feeding their children a type of probiotic called infantis (understood commercially in the U.S.A as bifantis). Now, researches have shown how the probiotic works. It's familiar to most Middle Eastern moms to put a drop of Binfantis, which some mothers call 'infantis' on the tip of their pinky and touched the idea of the baby's tongue with the probiotic if their child has colic. And it seems to work to calm the colic and quiet the infant. However exactly what is in 'infantis' that actually silences colic in children that would sob for hours with colic?
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes Regardless of all the research carried out, the reasons for IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a variety of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the digestive muscles can be much stronger, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can cause food to move through the intestine much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestinal tract for a long period of time. As a result, the stool can end up being tough and difficult to pass.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or also called spastic colon, is a digestive order which really affects millions of people and it typically affects young female grownups. This may become embarrassing in times where you have to concentrate in crucial matters such as in your work environment. If you were to provide a report in front of the whole business staff and IBS strikes you at that very moment, it would be terribly embarrassing to excuse yourself in the middle of your report, you yourself interrupting the whole thing.
Excessive use of laxatives also results in green bowels. This is due to the fact that the laxative causes the bowels motions to occur very rapidly, thereby causing the bowel to end up with discolored wastes.
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the addition of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that set off IBS can be different for different people, patients of IBS are usually recommended to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestine. Some such foods are:
Crohn's Disease: Crohn's Disease is a Common Cause of Colitis
Crohn's disease is a condition which affects the whole of the digestive tract and this means that it can cause more diverse symptoms and side effects. In some cases Crohn's disease can trigger serious problems as the immune system is malfunctioning and the body is no longer able to absorb nutrients to the same degree. Crohn's illness treatment is also more complicated. Corticosteroids may be used to reduce swelling, but can not be used for prolonged periods due to side effects. Likewise surgery is not a cure since course the whole of the of the digestive system can not possible be eliminated.
The gastrointestinal disorders may add to trigger, or be the sole cause of resulting in severe pain in the flank region. Peptic ulcers, gastrointestinal disorder, gastroenteritis, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) are some of the major culprits to affect the area. Primarily, it is when your digestive system suffers a chronic disorientation that neck and back pain, resulting in discomfort in the region, may take place. Queasiness, feeling lightheaded, regurgitation, and acid reflux are the accompanying symptoms.
- Treatment: Proper diet in addition to medication prescribed by a doctor will help in the condition.
- When the sacs in the intestinal tracts are formed, they will remain for a lifetime.
- Changes in lifestyle is important to get relief.
Bentonite Clay Consists of Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a greater capacity to absorb other molecules. Therefore the absorptive abilities come from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxin molecules get incorporated in the clay particles, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal defecation. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
Licorice roots are otherwise known as sweet wood, sweet root, black sugar, and liquorice. The most common use of licorice root is for dealing with respiratory problems, like bronchitis and asthma. It is also widely used as an expectorant, and is an active ingredient in cough syrups. It is found to be effective for easing the signs of allergic conditions, like hay fever and allergic rhinitis.