Irritable Bowel Syndrome And Solution: Spastic Colon Remedies
Spastic colon, which is another term for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), is identified by stomach bloating and cramping. Although there is no cure for this condition, it does not usually cause any permanent damage to the colon. The symptoms can be quite annoying and uncomfortable, but can be quickly managed through some dietary and way of life modifications, with or without medications. The majority of the spastic colon clients find enhancement in the symptoms with these simple remedial procedures and healthy lifestyle changes.
Usage of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxic substances or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the intestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., may lead to digestive tract problems. Symptoms of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, stomach discomfort, fever, watery diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc.
Urinary System Infection
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a collective name used to explain infection in either parts of the urinary system: the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, or the urethra. Bacterial infection in the urinary system gives rise to this disease.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
The Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), as the name suggests, is an illness characterized by swelling of the female reproductive system. It is one of the major consequences of STD. Having a history of Sexually transmitted diseases, having unprotected sex with multiple partners, etc., increase the risk of infection. PID can lead to infertility in women.
- Treatment: Home treatment and medication can assist in passing smaller kidney stones.
- You will need a surgery to break and eliminate big kidney stones.
Cancer Although rare, abdominal pain can be one of the signs of colon cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer (also referred to as stomach cancer), ovarian cancer, etc. Cancer is triggered due to an uncontrolled growth of cells (tumor) inside a specific organ.
Constipation A person is diagnosed with constipation when he or she has defecation less than three times a week. Poor diet, inadequate intake of water and fluids, lack of physical activity, prolonged use of certain drugs, abuse of laxatives, etc., are some of the common contributing factors for irregularity. Besides infrequent bowel movement, constipation is characterized by a feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, difficult evacuation of the bowel due to hard stool, bloating, and pain. As the stool ends up being hard and dry, the affected individual has to strain during defecation. This can make him/her vulnerable to the advancement of anal fissures, hemorrhoids, or rectal prolapse. Rectal prolapse is said to take place when a part of the lining of the intestinal tract extends from the anal opening. Rectal prolapse could lead to the secretion of mucus.
The Treatment Relies on the Exact Cause
Nevertheless, consuming a high-fiber diet plan would definitely help one avoid this condition, in most cases. Consultation with a trusted physician is a must, as a delay could lead to further complications.
- Treatment: Antibiotics can deal with the initial and milder signs of PID.
- In severe cases, if the inflammation has caused an abscess, a surgery may be required.
Fatty foods are amongst the most typical triggers of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) signs- together with dairy products, alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee and other caffeinated beverages, and chocolate. Sugarless gums and mints include the sweetener sorbitol, which can likewise intensify IBS. It can be a discouraging condition to deal with, given that there's nobody medication that can alleviate the most typical symptoms of gas, bloating, discomfort, and bowel complaints. Fortunately is that there are both prescription and non-prescription drugs that can aid with chosen IBS symptoms. Prescription medications offered include those that work against irregularity or diarrhea, control colon spasms, or manage anxiety. Non-prescription meds such as fiber supplements, probiotics, or peppermint oil pills might also assist some individuals.
- Symptoms: Queasiness, vomiting, pain in the testicles and scrotum, lower abdominal discomfort, swelling, etc .
- Treatment: Surgery is needed to deal with testicular torsion.
- If spotted at an early stage, testicles can be saved.
- If not, they may have to be removed.
Following food and beverage is of course medications. It is crucial to take along appropriate medications on your travels to ensure your journey is not ruined by illness. One key medication to take with you is rehydration sachets including Dioralyte, Electrolite or Rehidrat. These are specifically useful for times when you have the runs and feel dehydrated. Another vital medication is your very own products of anti-spasmodics like Buscopan, Colofac or Mebeverine together with anti-diarrhoeal medications. A key piece of advice when carrying these medications is to have them in your hand luggage and in their initial plans, this way you will not have any concerns with customs.
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like experience in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain ends up being serious if you are surviving on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
- So, now you find out about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to treat them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your indigestion instead of a bit of extra pizza!
- Mistakenly consuming contaminated food or following incorrect food habits can cause disorders of the stomach.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system diseases.
- If you too experience these symptoms, there may be a possibility of the following factors.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a common condition of the digestive system, more specifically, the colon. When experiencing this condition, the individual experiences alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea. The cause of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unknown. Stress, digestion related disorders, hormonal imbalance, etc., are believed to be the possible causes.
Signs: Lower abdominal and lower back pain, difficulty throughout urination, irregular menstrual cycle, vaginal finding, diarrhea, vomiting, pain throughout sex, etc
Parents can keep track of the different kinds of foods consumed by their kids, and make a note of the ones that activate the signs of IBS. Foods which can set off IBS may vary from kids to children. However, the ones which have been found to be common in all include spicy foods, chocolates, dairy products, high-fat foods. So parents must ensure that these kinds of foods should be given in limited total up to their kids when healthy, and must be completely prevented when they are suffering from IBS.
Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is triggered due to viral infection in the stomach and intestines. It is caused due to consumption of contaminated food or water. It typically affects children. Symptoms of this condition are similar to food poisoning.
Symptoms: Indications of stomach cancer are similar to the signs of other stomach disorders. Discomfort in abdomen, nausea, indigestion, fatigue, vomiting, weight loss, heartburn, abdominal fullness, weak point, etc., are a few of the early symptoms.
Treatment: Making changes in the diet and way of life can manage IBS to a great extent. Medicines, laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, etc., are helpful in easing the symptoms. If IBS is triggered due to stress and mental disorders, the patient should go for appropriate therapy and treatment methods.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can get rid of tension with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is much better to take a break every so often from work and go on a short vacation or pursue a hobby.
- Try yoga to soothe your nerves and eat healthy.
- There need to be more time for laughs to keep tension levels as low as possible.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS victims may take advantage of eating smaller meals at more frequent periods. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and easier to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with bowel movements.
Signs: Diarrhea, irregularity, bloating, flatulence, abdominal cramps, headache, tiredness, pain, loss of appetite, etc
Causes and Treatment Although conditions of the stomach like food poisoning, injury, infection, etc., top the list of reasons for stomach pain, it can also be caused due to factors not related to the stomach at all.
- Treatment: In the majority of the cases, making changes in your diet and lifestyle can help in dealing with irregularity.
- The doctor will also recommend medication or laxatives to cure chronic constipation.
- In severe cases, a surgery will be recommended if the person experiences intestinal blockage.
Associated Diseases & Disorders
Burning stomach pain can be moderate or serious, depending on the disease of which it is a sign. There are various conditions like GERD, stomach flu, UTI, lactose intolerance, etc., in which you can experience burning pain in stomach. Listed below are the various diseases which can be attributed to this symptom. The other symptoms of the diseases are likewise noted, so that you can identify the source.
Digestive System Diseases Acid reflux, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, etc., are the most common digestion problems.The human gastrointestinal system includes esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, large intestinal tract, small intestinal tract, bowel, and...
The first and most important area to take a look at is drinking. A frequent situation people find themselves in is dehydration when in hotter nations. Be sure to drink a good amount of water as you can lose fluid very quickly in hot countries. Together with the warm weather being a cause of dehydration, there is that little thing we enjoy called alcohol. Alcoholic drinks aggravate dehydration and give you a headache, so you should definitely avoid drinking extreme amounts of alcohol. Now you know it is vital to drink water, make sure the water you drink is bottled, as foreign countries have diverse purities of water which can result in an upset stomach. Then you need to try to keep in mind to avoid swallowing any water from swimming pools or lakes, as these are not actually expected to be swallowed and are known to cause difficulties to health when ingested.
General, we understand how tough taking a trip can be when you are experiencing IBS, so be sure to comply with the suggestions above about IBS support when taking a trip to make sure you holiday isn't spoilt by your IBS symptoms.
- Diverticulitis Sometimes, sacs or pouches, called diverticula, bulge out from the wall of the colon.
- The swelling or inflammation of these diverticula is referred to as diverticulitis.
- The exact cause of diverticulitis is unknown.
The majority of the cases, abdominal discomfort is caused due to indigestion or constipation. Nevertheless, if other signs like fever, backache, etc., are observed along with it, you can not rule out the possibility of a severe underlying disorder. As several crucial organs are located in the right abdominal area, there can be many possible reasons for persistent or acute lower abdominal discomfort.
Symptoms: Trouble and pain during urination, blood in urine, fever, queasiness, pelvic pain, tender stomach, throwing up, etc., are the symptoms of urinary tract infection.
Abdominal pain, of any kind, should not be ignored as it is one of the potential signs of any of the aforementioned major conditions. It is a good idea to consult the doctor and look for proper treatment methods. Take care!
IBS Symptoms in Women and Men - What Causes IBS and How to Cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
IBS Symptoms in Women and Men - What causes IBS and How to Cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Dr Mark Hyman's 10 Day Detox Diet: http://amzn.to/1ByuY1Q ...
- Treatment: A combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are the normal treatment techniques for cancer.
- Surgical removal of growth or contaminated part; radiation therapy, etc., can help in treating cancer to a great extent, if diagnosed early.
Foods that Worsen IBS
Gaseous Foods Bloating and stomach cramping is one of the most common symptoms of IBS. Gassy foods (Brussel sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, artichokes) promote accumulation of digestive gas, which can make bloating more severe. IBS clients can get into trouble when they have meals that contain gaseous foods.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine.
- In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestinal tract is observed.
- Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be ultimately visible in the urine.
Check Out the Various Products that are Out There
Discover a supplement that contains the right mix of probiotics and prebiotics to give your body the support that it needs. * That will allow you to trust that you have the best probiotic supplement every single time. * When your body is in balance, it just works much better, and probiotic IBS supplements can give you that support. * Getting relief from IBS is easy if you know how to find the very best probiotic supplement in the first place. *.
- IBS can still be something of a secret when it concerns causes and treatments that can widely handle symptoms.
- Symptoms can be so varied, and occur for factors that are not comprehended, so discovering the proper treatment can be hard.
- That is why it is crucial to see a physician, who can guide patients towards a treatment that is appropriate for them.
- Ulcers Ulcers are generally open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines.
- At first, the pain is skilled somewhere around the belly button and without any treatment the pain spreads and affects the whole abdominal area.
- Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing pain in the belly button region.
This condition takes place when the spermatic cable (in males) gets twisted, resulting in sudden and severe pain. Due to the twisting of the cord, blood flow is impacted. In severe cases, it can even lead to total damage to the testis.
- Treatment: Antibiotics are used to treat UTI.
- Consuming adequate amounts of water, practicing good health, and safe sex assists in treatment and prevention of UTI.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't entirely absorbed or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while consuming, thus they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
The last things to think about are toilet stops throughout your journey. Whether you choose to take a trip through coach, plane or car there are a number of ways to attempt preparing your toilet stops. If travelling by coach one important thing to think about is that the coach has an on-board toilet, that way you know you have access to the toilet at any time through the trip. If your choice is by car, then plan your journey and know where the toilets are on your travels. Wherever you go there will tourist board information centres which can direct you to the nearby toilets.
Last but not least, if air travel is your choice then be sure to schedule a seat beforehand which is an aisle seat, this means you will not need to clamber over people to reach the toilets. You should also consider pre booking your dietary specs such as gluten free, low fat etc. Many people endure anxiety when flying and for IBS affected individuals this can prompt signs of their condition, so be sure to relax and use comfortable clothes. Some people find taking a moderate sedative can help when flying.
- Symptoms: Moderate to severe discomfort in the abdomen (on one side), vaginal bleeding, sweating, diarrhea, etc .
- Treatment: If detected in early stages, medications are prescribed to terminate the pregnancy and deal with the symptoms.
- In later stages, surgical techniques may be required to treat the abnormalities.
Symptoms: Passing stools for less than 3 times in a week, passing very hard stools, abdominal cramps, straining when passing stools, rectal discomfort, weight loss (in chronic cases), etc
Treatment: Surgical removal of the inflamed appendix is one of the most recommended and efficient methods used to treat appendicitis.
Symptoms: Sharp lower abdominal discomfort, lower back pain, queasiness, throwing up, problem while urination, fever, brown colored urine, etc
Causes: The reason for the cancer of the little intestinal tract is unidentified, but it is believed that certain conditions can put an individual at an increased threat of establishing little bowel cancer. These consist of celiac illness, Crohn's illness, colon cancer, cancer of the rectum, familial adenomatous polyposis, genetic non-polyposis colorectal cancer, and Peutz-Jegher's syndrome. Men are most likely to developing small intestinal tract cancer.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is said that around 95% of individuals with IBS suffer from regular bloating.
- Mainly seen in ladies, IBS can cause other symptoms like nausea, abdominal pain, and change in bowel habits.
- Distension of the stomach is very common with bloating triggered by IBS.
- The degree of distension increases with every meal.
- Irritable bowel syndrome may be associated with other conditions like migraine, fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety too.
Crohn's illness is caused due to the body's autoimmune response which affects the digestive system, leading to swelling. Based on the location of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, the complications of Crohn's disease may vary. Some of the noticeable symptoms include weakness, stomach irritation, diarrhea, throwing up, weight loss, and at times, skin issues.
On the whole, remember that drifting poop is not an unusual trait. It is a sign of digestive system being in good condition. Nevertheless, when drifting stool is accompanied by other 'undesirable' modifications in its color and look, it is absolutely a cause of concern and requires a see to the doctor to identify the underlying cause.