Nervous Stomach: Nervous Stomach Ache
Nervous stomach can not really be classified under any specific disease. Doctors usually use this term for a selection of stomach-related conditions such as indigestion, bloating, or even changes in bowel habits. Diagnosis is usually done by a doctor after diagnostic tests fail to reveal a particular cause. Most of the time, it is a result of tension and/ or anxiety.
Other Causes: A stomach pain not long after consuming can also take place when undigested food from the stomach gets discarded into the big intestine. If there is inflammation in the appendix, then the secretion that results from this infection may spread into the big intestinal tract. Because case, one experiences discomfort on the ideal side of the abdomen.
- Infections Infections in the urinary tract might lead to flank pain; these urinary tract infections are primarily caused by bacteria.
- The germs cause the infection to travel from the intestinal tract into the bladder through the urethra and cause a bladder infection.
- Though considered treatable, a urinary tract infection may cause pain until it is completely cured.
- The infection, generally, is accompanied by nausea, fever, and a burning sensation while urinating.
- Exactly what are the other accompanying symptoms?
- Is it triggered due to negative effects of any medication/ drug?
Was this Kind of Pain Experienced Prior to?
Treatment The medical professional will advise a health examination, X-ray or MRI to detect the cause. In case of gastroenteritis, it is important to treat dehydration as a priority. Plain drinking water, electrolyte or intravenous (IV) fluids help in treating dehydration. Secondly, the medical professional will recommend prescription antibiotics to deal with the illness completely. Other medication may also be prescribed to deal with queasiness, throwing up and diarrhea. Taking rest in correct position, having a healthy diet plan, etc. assists in getting rid of pain during pregnancy. It is recommended to seek advice from the physician before utilizing any medication or home remedies throughout pregnancy.
- Worried stomach is not a disease; but having a sour stomach every now and then shows dysfunction of the digestive system.
- Remember, inactive or stressful lifestyle can be the main reason for 'indigestion' events.
- As you know, wrong eating habits can cause stomach problems.
- Nervous stomach symptoms may vary according to the cause.
- Does it reoccur?
- Or is it dull pain that lasts for a long period of time?
- Exists anything that helps/ aggravates it?
Lactose Intolerance: Those with lactose intolerance can not absorb lactose sugar present in dairy products due to absence of lactase enzymes in their digestion system. Here, the discomfort starts not long after the consumption of dairy based items like milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. It is accompanied by abdominal discomfort, cramps and bloating.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition of the lower intestine tract. Stomach pain is the most popular sign of IBS. It is also characterized by irregular bowel movements. A person may either deal with constipation or diarrhea. Loss of appetite, nausea, and throwing up are the other signs of IBS.
Ulcerative colitis is also an illness characterized by inflammation of the large intestine. There are different types of ulcerative colitis. But the one that causes stomach ache and diarrhea together is proctosigmoiditis. Proctosigmoiditis in turn is identified by the swelling of the sigmoid colon and the rectum.
- AppendicitisThe appendix is a small tubular organ present at the lower end of the cecum.
- Appendicitis is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious medical condition that needs to be treated immediately.
- Intense GastritisAcute gastritis is the sudden inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach caused due to bacterial or viral infection.
- Abdominal pain and tightness, nausea, bloating, vomiting and loss of appetite are the symptoms of gastritis.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The exact cause of IBS is not known, but there are theories that connect the increased sensitivity of the intestinal tract to the miscommunication in between the brain and the intestine. It is also believed that those who have been affected by an intense gastrointestinal infection are more likely to develop IBS. IBS could be diarrhea-predominant or constipation-predominant. A few of the affected people may have IBS with an alternating stool pattern. People who are affected by diarrhea-predominant IBS are likely to pass mucus in stools. The affected individuals are likely to experience symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, bloating, modification in bowel habits, loose and watery stools, etc.
- Butterflies in your stomach may not be just a figure of speech anymore.
- If you have been under a lot of stress, chances are that you might also suffer from some stomach problems.
- The following medical conditions may be related to your tension.
Symptoms of a Spastic Colon The human anatomy runs on seven major inter-related human body systems: the respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system, immune system, glandular system, and the overall structural system. The colon is part of the...
- Diverticulitis: This condition is identified by inflammation of the intestinal tract wall, especially in the large intestinal tract.
- Any additional quantity of pressure on the inflamed intestine during digestion, leads to more swelling and inflammation.
- The discomfort is felt at the left side of the lower abdominal area after consuming.
- Fever, diarrhea, constipation are some of the other accompanying symptoms of diverticulitis.
Reasons for Severe Discomfort in Back
Injury Injury is a typical cause of pain in the back. Abrupt motion, lifting, bending, etc., can lead to straining of the muscles or the ligaments leading to injury. On the other hand, trauma caused due to fall, blow or mishap on the back can trigger abrupt extreme pain in the back. Muscle injuries are usually seen in sportsmen, athletes, and dancers.
Gastritis Gastritis is a medical term that explains the inflammation of the lining of the stomach. This condition generally generates a number of signs that consist of burning feeling and pain in either the left or right side of the abdomen, depending upon the side that is affected with gastritis.
Intestinal Tract Pain Offers an Agonizing Sensation Throughout the Stomach Cavity
This discomfort is mainly triggered by some problems connected with the digestive system. The type and intensity differ according to the underlying cause. Often, it is felt as a stabbing discomfort that lasts for a brief period of time and at other times, it could be a dull pain lasting for several hours. When the discomfort turns extreme, numerous clients begin tossing up. In many cases, they might experience muscle cramps in the abdomen.
Exactly what to Look For Exactly what is the specific nature & duration of the discomfort?
Cause - Crohn's Illness
This inflammatory bowel disease causes swelling in the lining of the digestive tract, thus, causing intestinal cramping, diarrhea, stomach pain, blood in stools and malnutrition. Crohn's illness is a very serious condition and can even be life-threatening.
- Symptoms People dealing with diabetes and arthritis may also experience pain in the right flank from time to time.
- An injury to the lower back section or a muscle pull may also lead to flank discomfort.
- The flank region is prone to intense pain when there is extrinsic movement.
- The pain raises when the range of motion increases.
- The side where the pain is actively knowledgeable suggests which, and how far the kidney has been affected.
The main objective of the treatment is to manage and relief the symptoms, and to help the victim to lead a normal life. Keep in mind that no single treatment for the condition produces best results for everybody. The patient needs to deal with his/her doctor and decide what's best.
Diet Plan Products
Food labeled as "diet," "sugar-free," or "low-carb," have a laxative effect due to the fact that they contain mannitol, maltitol, and sorbitol. Taking in these products can lead to one feeling full, and can ultimately lead to bloating.
Besides the abovementioned conditions, the presence of mucus in the feces could be attributed to lactose intolerance, bacterial overgrowth, bowel obstruction, or rectal ulcers. The exact cause can be established by examining the patient's medical history, and conducting a physical examination and diagnostic tests. Though symptoms can be alleviated by drug treatment or other treatment options, ensuring lifestyle changes is extremely vital when it comes to treating digestive disorders. Following a healthy diet and increasing the intake of water will certainly prove beneficial.
The Brain in the Belly - Video with Emily Rosen
Read the full transcript here: http://psychologyofeating.com/brain-in-the-belly-video-emily-rosen/ One of the most fascinating developments in the field of ...
What Causes Mucous in Stool?
More often than not, inflammatory bowel disease is believed to be the contributing factor for excess mucous in the feces. The term 'inflammatory bowel illness' (IBD) refers to a group of medical conditions that are associated with the small intestine or the colon. However, medical conditions other than IBD might also trigger mucous in the fecal matter.
- Constipation When you have a problem with defecation, the food consumed is not thrown out of the body.
- It results in the food being fermented in the stomach, giving rise to gases, which move in the digestive tract and put pressure on the stomach.
- Irregularity is another significant cause of a bloated stomach.
- Many individuals make a big error by aiming to treat intestinal tract discomfort with self-medication, after buying some over the counter medicines.
- You should strictly avoid it and consult a medical professional for its correct treatment.
- If the issue continues after using the medicines given by your doctor, then it is suggested to take a consultation from another physician.