Irritable Bowel Syndrome And Yoga: Waist Pain on the Right Side
There are numerous vital organs found in the pelvic region, and abnormal functioning of the same results in waist pain. In minor cases, pain is caused due to sitting or sleeping in improper position. On the other hand, certain diseases and conditions can also be underlying causes for pain along the waistline.
Colon Polyps can be Dealt With If Detected in Time
There are dedicated clinical processes in place, such as colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy that target the polyp stalk to stop further development, polypectomy or polyp removal, and a variety of laparoscopic strategies. Another treatment is that of proctocolectomy in which the entire colon is removed. The process involves a procedure that is clinically referred to as ileal pouch-anal anastomosis. In this procedure, the surgeon constructs a pouch out of the ileum or end of the small intestine and attaches it to the anus.
- Symptoms of Colon Spasms.
- Colon convulsion symptoms can greatly differ from person to person with various intensity but some of the common symptoms always remain the same.
- They are as following.
- Stomach discomfort is triggered due to gastrointestinal diseases, it can be prevented to a terrific level by following an appropriate diet.
- Similarly, gastrointestinal disorder can be prevented by consuming healthy food and keeping cleanliness.
- One should bear in mind that it is easy to get relieved of abdominal discomfort, if timely treatment is carried out.
- Colic Colic is the intense or extreme abdominal pain that comes and goes quickly.
- The specific reason for it is unknown and is commonly seen in babies.
- Excessive sobbing is the most typical symptom of colic.
- However, often, symptoms like muscle spasms in stomach are also observed.
- A healthy infant unexpectedly crying exceedingly for no evident factor signifies colic.
Causes and Treatment
As pointed out above, constraining or tightness in the abdomen is caused due to conditions related to the digestive system. Constipation and diarrhea are the most common causes of stomach tightness and cramping. Constipation can be treated by having laxatives or fibers; whereas, antidiarrheal medication aid in getting rid of diarrhea.
Diarrhea With Mucous
Abdominal cramps Fever Queasiness Bloating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The exact cause of IBS is not known, but it is believed that it could be triggered by a severe gastrointestinal infection. It is believed that the signs of this condition worsen due to tension. IBS is classified as diarrhea-predominant, constipation-predominant, or IBS with a rotating stool pattern. People who suffer from IBS may also observe increased levels of mucus in stools. It has been observed that mucus formation is higher in those with diarrhea-predominant IBS. The typical symptoms of IBS consist of:
- Fullness and Bloating: Fullness and bloating can also be experienced by a person suffering from colon spasms.
- A person might feel that his or her clothes are tighter and may feel suffocated in them.
- The bloating and fullness can be associated with flatulence and rumbling sounds in the stomach.
- Apart from this, some people also suffer from nausea and vomiting while suffering from colon spasm.
- Conditions that Could Cause Mucous in Feces There are various medical conditions that can cause one to pass mucus in stool.
- Hence, it is always better to get the underlying cause diagnosed and treated at the earliest.
Stomach enzymes likewise play a vital role in the breakdown of animal proteins. However, if there is inadequate secretion of stomach enzymes, the problem of protein metabolic process falls completely on gut bacteria. In such circumstances also, hydrogen sulfide is exceedingly produced. This not just causes sulfur burps but is typically accompanied by foul-smelling flatulence.
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), almost 50% of individuals dealing with ulcerative colitis experience very mild symptoms. Ulcerative colitis is the condition wherein the inner lining of the colon and rectum is irritated with sores and ulcers. The area gets filled with blood and puss and leads to frequent emptying of the colon. As a result, the person may experience severe pain in the lower abdomen, due to the inflamed colon, accompanied by bloody diarrhea.
Diverticulosis The term 'diverticulum' refers to an irregular sac-like structure that forms in the large intestine. It is thought that such pouches develop when the waste that is stored by the large intestine becomes hard and puts pressure on the walls of the colon. The formation of these pouches is referred to as diverticulosis. More often than not, this condition is asymptomatic. However, formation of many such pouches could generate signs such as:
Bavolex Irritable Bowel Syndrome ReliefBavolex IBS Relief contains all natural botanicals developed to gently support and soothe the digestive tract. Bavolex's ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all integrated into this special IBS formula. Reducing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to eliminate the flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Click Here to Purchase »
Other Causes Treatment
It is not always the case that the pain is triggered due to an extreme underlying disorder. However, it is necessary to consult the doctor and get the condition diagnosed immediately. Physical examination, history and documentation, X-ray and MRI are a few of the methods used to detect the condition.
- Liver, one of the essential body organs, is located in the thoracic region of the abdomen below the diaphragm.
- It manages blood volumes and blood clotting.
- It plays an important role in blood purification also.
- It is responsible for bile production and fat and sugar metabolism.
- Thus, it directly and indirectly aids in development, immunization, nutrition and recreation.
- Usually, liver problem signs go undetected or are difficult to assess.
- They are likely to be misinterpreted as signs of some other diseases.
- Therefore, liver diseases are often referred to as 'silent killers'.
- If dysfunction of the liver is found at the initial stage, proper treatment can help restore liver health.
- So, everyone must be aware of the early signs of liver problems.
Yoga for IBS Relief (Health Guru Fitness Tip)
If you suffer from IBS, you may be interested to know that a simple yoga pose can provide relief. Get more information at http://news.healthguru.com.
- You have actually ever dealt with irritable bowel syndrome you will know that it is no joking matter.
- You can go from feeling fine to being in agony in no time at all.
- In reality any sort of stomach pains is something you would rather avoid.
- If you want to know more about ways to keep yourself feeling fine in the digestion department, please kept reading!
Some Home Remedies Besides the aforementioned conditions, there might be other reasons for pain in the back after meals, for example, genetic disposition. A physician generally carries out various diagnostic tests including ultrasound, X-ray and blood tests to detect the exact cause of pain after eating. Therefore, besides trying home remedies, you must seek advice from a health care professional, specialized in physiology, for the correct diagnosis and treatment of left side neck and back pain after usage of meals.
This medical condition is caused by physical or practical obstruction of the bowel. The mechanical causes of bowel blockage include tumors, adhesions, gallstones, impacted stool, intussusception (when a part of the intestine moves into the surrounding area) or unusual twisting of the intestine. Such an obstruction stalls the transit of digested food or waste. Whatever be the cause, the condition is considered to be a medical emergency. The signs of this medical condition include:
Person dealing with stress and anxiety need to try to manage the stress on his own. Stress management methods like deep breathing and meditation help to get over stress. Getting involved with activities that are enjoyed by the individual can also help. Paying attention to favorite music, partying, talking to friends, and involvement in hobbies are great stress busters. It is important to understand that stress-related diarrhea can be completely cured only if the reason behind it i.e., tension is reduced. So, remain tension free and lead a healthy life.
Bentonite Clay Side Effects It is the bentonite clay only which helped the Egyptians to protect their popular mummies. Studies and investigates report that many so-called primitive tribes have actually used clay for both internal and external filtration. The clay was...
Green defecation can likewise be caused by some other conditions such as: One need not stress when one observes the symptoms. A modification in diet plan can help in reducing the green color. Refraining from artificially colored foods and minimizing the amount of iron consumption will likewise help. However, if you experience stomach pain or discomfort, general malaise, weight-loss, constipation, diarrhea, fever, etc., together with green defecation, then, there is the have to go to the health care service provider. It is better to get the condition examined clinically and validated that it's not being caused by some serious illness. Furthermore, if you are on some antibiotic treatments and you have green bowel movements, then you should notify your physician of the very same.
You consume more than the required amount of fiber rich food, it can cause diarrhea. Hence, it is recommended to keep an optimum balance of fiber rich food such as fruits, vegetables, cereals and seeds. If you are on a weight loss diet plan, the diet plan that has actually been prescribed to you can also cause diarrhea, due to the high amount of fiber in it.
Ulcerative colitis is a kind of inflammatory bowel disease that is characterized by swelling of the innermost lining of the large intestine and the rectum. When the inflammation is restricted to the rectum, the condition is referred to as ulcerative proctitis. The inflammation could give rise to the formation of open sores or lesions. At a later stage, these ulcers might bleed and the affected individual may suffer from regular episodes of diarrhea. He or she may notice traces of blood or mucus in the stool. Other signs of this inflammatory bowel disease consist of:
Irregularity. Diarrhea. Flatulence. Bloating. Mucus or blood in the feces. Inflammation of these pouches is medically referred to as diverticulitis. These pouches may become inflamed when bacteria act on the fecal matter that is trapped inside diverticula. The symptoms of diverticulitis include:
- Gastrointestinal disorder Gastrointestinal disorder is another reason for green bowel movements.
- Failure of the body to absorb particular parts can lead to its excretion, thus imparting green color to the stool.
Abdominal cramps Stomach discomfort Abdominal distention Inability to pass gas Constipation Vomiting
- Causes Colon polyps are the result of abnormal cell growth.
- These cells do not grow and divide in an orderly way like their healthy counterparts.
- Rather they trigger mutations in genes and keep dividing without the need for new cells.
- Small or sessile polyps are typically attached to a stalk.
- They are identified as adenomatous, hyperplastic, or inflammatory.
- Polyps in the colon can result in rectal bleeding, irritable bowel syndrome, severe pain in the abdomen, and colon cancer, if neglected.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse significantly increase the risk of developing polyps of a malignant nature.
Medical Treatment for Lead Poisoning
Getting rid of the source of lead and altering diet is the primary treatment method. Secondly, chelation therapy is the most effective treatment used in treating lead poisoning and reducing the level of lead in the body.
Sharp Stomach Discomfort
Distended abdomen Nausea and vomiting Fever Although the passage of mucus in stool is not always a reason for serious concern, consult a doctor if it has been taking place on a daily basis. Besides the previously mentioned medical conditions, excess mucus in stool could be due to an anal fistula (a little connection or channel that develops between the anal canal and the skin near the anus) or rectal ulcers. The development of a malignant growth in the colon might also be a contributing factor. Though the use of drugs would provide relief, ensure that you make dietary modifications and other lifestyle changes that have been suggested by your doctor.
Deal With Irregularity
As we now know, constipation and bloating are interrelated so treating constipation will automatically cure bloating. Drinking a lot of fluids, taking laxatives, chewing food correctly, having proper meals, etc., are some ways to deal with irregularity. Over the counter medicines are also very effective; however, it is better to speak with a doctor before taking them.
Mucus is a slimy secretion that is produced by the mucous membranes that line the mouth, nose, sinuses, throat, lungs, and the digestive tract. The production of mucus is one of the protective systems used by our body. One of the basic functions of mucus is to lubricate or moisten the underlying tissues. The secretion of mucus also helps with the passage of food from the esophagus to the stomach. The bicarbonate ions and mucus which are produced by the epithelial cells of the stomach also protect the lining of the stomach from the acidic environment created by stomach juices.
Acts as a lubricant, consequently helping with the passage of food in the digestive tract, until it is excreted out. The presence of a small amount of clear mucus in stool is normal, but the amount of mucus could increase if a person is suffering from a digestive condition. Consult a doctor under these circumstances, and notify him/her about the other signs that may be accompanied by increased amounts of mucus in feces.
- Gastroenteritis, or stomach influenza, is triggered due to an inflammation of the stomach due to parasites.
- There are two types of gastroenteritis, viral and bacterial.
- Consuming infected food and water can trigger gastroenteritis.
- It is more common in young adults and old individuals.
- Abdominal discomfort, queasiness, diarrhea, vomiting, and dehydration are its symptoms.
Stomach Cramps: Stomach cramps are one of the most common reasons of colon spasms. When abdominal muscles are contracted leading to colon spasm, it can trigger a severe pain in the stomach area where spasm has occurred. Such stomach pain brought on by the colon convulsion is more gassy and colicky in nature. And it can all of a sudden be felt sharply at any time and may last for few seconds or minutes.
- Addition to all the given body structures, muscles and skin are also present on the lower abdomen on the left side of your body.
- Any medical condition affecting these structures can potentially cause pain in the left side of the waist.
- Sometimes, pain due to a particular condition on the right side of the abdomen, radiates to the left side.
- In such a condition, the diagnosis of the left side abdominal pain ends up being a little tough.