Spastic Colon Reference: Tightness in Stomach
Tightness in stomach can be described as an abdominal discomfort felt on account of stomach discomfort, stomach cramping or even stomach bloating. It is very difficult to identify what exactly is a tight stomach, as different people experience it in different ways.
Tightness in stomach caused due to irritable bowel syndrome, also referred to as spastic colon, can be cured by following a spastic colon diet plan. Foods containing magnesium, such as green leafy vegetables, foods rich in folic acid, such as whole wheat breads and cereals, foods rich in vitamin B6, such as beans, peas and carrots, should be carried out.
Other causes include: Because there are numerous possible causes of intestinal discomfort, performing diagnostic tests is the primary step to treatment. Colonoscopy, blood tests, stool tests, CT scan, etc., are a few of the tests that are normally carried out to diagnose the problem. The treatment completely depends upon the cause. Some digestive disorders can be treated with medications and surgical treatment, while some can be relieved by dietary changes.
Intestinal Obstruction can be Treated With Surgical Procedures
Although there is no cure for irritable bowel syndrome, there are medications that assist in alleviating the symptoms. People are also recommended to stay away from factors that activate off this condition in order to prevent it from repeating.
Treatment For treating a tight stomach caused due to wrong kind of consuming habits, refraining from spicy, oily foods and eating in moderation is the key. Eating a healthy diet with high fiber foods, help in reducing the gas, burping and the stomach tightness symptoms. Drinking lots of fluids including 10-12 glasses of water per day, helps in making the digestive process much faster and thus, reduces the tightness in stomach. Exercising everyday is the key to better digestion and basic overall health, so form a routine of the exact same, as soon as possible.
This is one of the significant causes of pelvic pain in women. Ectopic pregnancy is an irregularity or issue in pregnancy that occurs when the fertilized egg is placed in any other place, than the uterine wall. The exact cause of ectopic pregnancy is unknown, but, it can be life-threatening, if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
Case, the discomfort in the abdominal location is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, reduce in appetite and fever, it is showing gallbladder infection referred to as cholecystitis. Jaundice signs such as skin turning yellow and dark urine can likewise occur from gallstones blocking the bile duct.
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS is a common problem of the modern society. People who are inflicted with it may feel colic, belching, bloating, heaviness in abdomen, frequent desire to go to toilet, recurring constipation or diarrhoea. All the time the patient is anxious to brood over the matter that he has been suffering from a serious condition. But it is absolutely a wrong idea. IBS is simple problem that can be dealt with efficiently with the help of ayurveda.IBS clients are generally anxious hence they need proper counselling and they ought to be treated with proper affection and care. It is noted often that the members of the family of the patient never ever try to take the problem of the affected person seriously and turn a deaf ear to his issues as a result the patient suffers from intense depression and the condition get the better of him. Women are regular victims of IBS but adult males can be affected too.
Any type of cancer of stomach may give rise to a lot of gastric problems like extreme belching, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, etc. A proper treatment is the only way to get rid of burping in such a case.
- Colitis is an unfortunate condition that affects many people at some point or the other.
- Often mistaken for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), colitis is swelling of the colon which can have many causes.
You would not expect that there would be mucus in one's stool, however the fact is that small amounts of mucous in the stool is actually quite typical. The mucous lines the intestinal tracts and colon and helps to keep these organs lubed along with trapping the germs and other waste productswhich is the reason that mucus exists in our bodies. Generally, the mucus in the stool, if any, comes about in very percentages, such that often times it is not even noticeable. When one can discover the mucuseasily and frequentlyit indicates that its production has actually increased for some reason and it could be a sign of a hidden condition. Let us examine the different reasons for the exact same and supply solutions.
Homemade Herbal Tea Recipe for Digestive Problems
Includes a simple step by step guide for DIY tea bags – See the full recipe below. WARNING! Catnip is a mild sedative, so this tea may cause drowsiness.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or IBS, with constipation is an uncomfortable medical condition that can be treated.
- Together with constipation the symptoms can consist of recurring abdominal pains, bloating and discomfort.
- Not everybody that has IBS will suffer with constipation.
- Mucus is a clear, viscous fluid that is produced and produced by the mucous membranes that line the body cavities.
- These membranes also line the respiratory system, digestive system, and the urogenital system.
- Though the primary element of mucus is a glycoprotein called mucin, it also contains water, inorganic salts, epithelial cells, etc.
- In the breathing system, mucus dampens the breathed in air and traps the environmental irritants and pathogens.
- In case of the gastrointestinal tract, mucous acts like a lubricant, thus securing the lining of the digestion tract.
- It also helps with the smooth motion of waste products inside the colon.
Shigellosis Shigellosis refers to a digestive tract infection that is brought on by a bacterium called Shigella. This bacterium can be transferred through person-to-person contact, or by consumption of infected food or water. Stomach cramps, fever, queasiness, throwing up, diarrhea, and the presence of mucus or blood in the stool are some of the typical signs of this infection. Besides Shigella, other bacteria such as Salmonella, Escherichia coli, Campylobacter, etc., can trigger swelling of the lining of the intestines.
- Hope this article has made one thing clear in your mind, that you should not get alarmed when your period is delayed.
- As you can see, the medical problems accountable for missed period require proper treatment.
- On the other hand, for the non medical reasons, changes in lifestyle can bring back the normal cycle.
- Pain or cramps in stomach after having meals can either be caused due to consumption of contaminated food or due to some underlying disorder.
- There are numerous reasons that can lead to this condition.
Causes: The exact cause of these conditions is unknown, but it is believed that genetic and immunological factors may trigger the inflammatory response. It is believed that exposure to an infectious agent could also trigger swelling of the mucosa.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome is an umbrella condition which comprises a variety of health problems under its purview. Scientists state that when a person is stressed out, the brain is configured to launch some hormonal agents and chemicals. When these hormones go into the digestive system of an individual, they cause problem. It possibly characterized by either an increase or decrease in the contractions of the intestinal tracts. In case there is an increase in the contractions of the intestine, you might experience diarrhea or cramping. On the other hand, if there is a decline in the contractions of the intestines, it may result in irregularity. The boost or decrease in the motility of the intestinal tracts impact the digestion system causing stomach problem. Therefore we see that IBS may trigger an increase in the speed of passage of waste matter along the intestinal tracts or a decrease in the speed of passage of excrement.
- Constipation, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), appendicitis, etc., are some of the other possible causes.
- Treatment of Abdominal Discomfort
Case the pain is mild, you can follow simple techniques like taking rest, avoiding eating any foods that might cause discomfort, avoiding carbonated drinks, etc. However, along with stomach pain, if other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, serious cramping, chest pain, etc., are observed, you need to speak with the doctor.
Keep in mind, yellow bowel movement is related with indigestion of food. With lifestyle modifications such as regular exercise, these digestive concerns can be eliminated. However, defecating black stools can not be ignored as it is an indicator of internal bleeding which requires instant medical treatment.
- You may also get some details on some of the websites on the internet that teaches a thing or 2 concerning tension and how you can cope up with.
- IBS might include it or not but knowing exactly what can trigger both of it will not harm.
- Attempt looking for ibstreatments.com to know more truths and practices about IBS and stress.
Diarrhea Diarrhea is a stomach problem in which the stools become extremely watery and their frequency increases considerably. If a tight stomach is accompanied by signs such as, loose stools, abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, fever and blood in stools, the reason could be diarrhea.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a collective term used to describe inflammation of the female reproductive organs like uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. The inflammation is caused by bacteria which is also responsible for causing sexually transmitted diseases in females. The pelvic inflammatory disease is one of the most significant causes of abdominal and waist pain in females.
You could also have a talk with a nutritionist who can give you the right advice regarding this subject. What this individual generally does is to remove from your diet all foods that are known to cause this issue and introduce them to your diet plan one after the other. This will help the food nutrition expert to identify which foods are causing the problem in your case. It is absolutely necessary to get personalized service for your issue else you will never be free of this condition which is in any case incurable.
Celiac disease is caused due to gluten or wheat intolerance where the lining of the small intestinal tract can not tolerate the presence of gluten, hence digestion gets significantly affected. This, in turn leads to diarrhea-- stool that has a greenish-blue color which also smells nasty.
- Dietary Fat: A high fat or spicy meal has been understood to aggravate the symptoms.
- Prevent deep-fried junk food, velvety sauces, and fatty meat, if you are experiencing a spastic colon.
Certain home remedies can relieve you of gas, upset stomach, constipation, etc. Nevertheless, home remedies are only effective if your condition is mild or you seldom suffer from stomach conditions. For chronic ailments, you may have to rely on medical treatment. Some solutions that can be prepared in your home are as follows.
Kidney stones are formed when the uric acid, calcium or salts in the kidney do not get flushed out from the body. Severe lower abdominal pain and difficulty in urination are the common symptoms. Excess intake of calcium and not drinking adequate amount of water are the popular causes.
From a physiological perspective, IBS can sometimes develop through exaggerated contractions of the muscles in the intestinal tract walls; after a gastrointestinal infection; through certain food intolerances; an absence of dietary fibre; and through eating meals at irregular intervals.
Step two you completely change your heavy body to a slim body chemistry. Like a slim person you'll yearn for food less so you'll keep the weight off." Swan, "Why do you call your method the Weight-loss System of Body Chemistry Control?" Dr Litten, "Seeing that medical research study has actually lastly revealed what overweight individuals have actually known the whole time they have a contrastive body chemistry than slim people. The key to reducing weight and keeping it off is to strike the heavy body chemistry problem." Swan, "Exactly what is a heavy body chemistry?" Dr Litten, "Heavy people have larger fat cells than slim people. This offers them a heavy body chemistry.
- That's the reason why, stress ought to be the First one that you would like to remove in your life.
- Straightforward things like having a holiday can make stress depart.
- You might also want to try things like massage, acupuncture, and spa or merely hear a soothing music frequently.
- The need to take your attention off the things which are causing you stress and anxiety is exceedingly essential and is lots of help.
- Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas, and the pain can be aching or burning.
- Other symptoms experienced during pancreatitis are queasiness, vomiting, pain radiating on the back, and worsening of pain after a meal.
Disorders like lactose intolerance, celiac disease and other such food intolerances are seen to cause bloating and abdominal distension. In such cases, the body is unable to breakdown or soak up certain food substances. These left-out food substances result in additional gas production in the bowel. This happens due to the fact that a number of germs are trying their best, to break these food substances down, by various chemical reactions. This is why the individual experiences bloating.
Tightness of stomach, nausea, bloating in pregnancy is quite common as long as it is not severe. If the conditions become extreme, i.e., abdominal pain during pregnancy as well as discomfort in stomach ends up being severe, it is encouraged to speak with an obstetrician immediately. Tightness in stomach caused due to an injury can be cured by resting the stomach and avoiding any activity which puts undue pressure on the stomach muscles.
Causes These were some of the main causes, out of which Crohn's disease and diverticulitis are the most important and the most serious of all the causes. Hence, an individual who is suffering from these problems needs to be very careful.
- Hormonal Changes in Females: It has been observed that bloating is more common in ladies, as compared to males.
- Regular changes in hormonal agent levels is one of the causes for bloating in females.
- The symptoms are normally experienced throughout ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.
- During ovulation and pregnancy, the increased level of progesterone is stated to impact the abdominal muscles.
- These muscles relax, thereby triggering constipation and resultant bloating.
- It has been observed that bloating is more frequent in those with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Another medical condition that is connected to bloating in females is ovarian cancer.
- It is said that persistent bloating, together with stomach discomfort, could be a sign of ovarian cancer.
Diseases that Affect the Small Intestine
Perforated Bowel A perforated bowel, which is also known as intestinal perforation, is a condition that can affect the small as well as the large intestine. It is characterized by the presence of a perforation or a hole in the intestine.
Why Does Your Stomach Feel Tight?
The problem could be due to. Wrong Eating Habits Individuals who indulge in overeating often experience pain in stomach after eating. Eating foods which are very spicy or oily, can lead to this condition. Eating at wrong times, such as late nights or in the middle of the night, can sometimes cause stomach pain too. Excessive consumption of alcohol is another cause behind this.
Addition to rigorously staying with the diet plan, people suffering from this issue are also encouraged to take in little, regular meals. Regular exercises and yoga can help you de-stress and ease the uncomfortable symptoms, as can particular antispasmodics, antidiarrheals, and laxatives. Apart from medication and diet plan, there is no other spastic colon treatment available, and is therefore, something that one needs to bear and try to overcome with the assistance of diet plan, workout, and medications.
- Get more information on ayurvedic treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Check out this link for more ayurveda treatments for common diseases. "
- Prognosis in patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome is mostly favorable.
- However, treating these patients needs awareness and sensitivity on the part of the physician, and often a joint consultation with neurologists.