Ibs Support Singapore: How To Eat Well And Avoid IBS
You have ever experienced irritable bowel syndrome you will understand that it is no joking matter. You can go from sensation fine to being in misery in no time at all. In reality any type of stomach pains is something you would rather avoid. If you wish to know more about how to keep yourself feeling fine in the food digestion department, please kept reading!
- Colic Colic is the acute or serious stomach discomfort that reoccurs quickly.
- The precise reason for it is unknown and is commonly seen in infants.
- Extreme sobbing is the most typical symptom of colic.
- Nevertheless, sometimes, signs like muscle spasms in stomach are also observed.
- A healthy baby suddenly crying exceedingly for no obvious factor suggests colic.
Uncontrolled consumption of alcohol affects the liver and is also bad for health. By the time the signs of ALD surface, one may already be in an advanced stage of the disease. It is best to drink in moderation and have a healthy diet as obesity has been found to increase the risk of alcoholic liver disease among heavy drinkers.
So, what is a nervous breakdown exactly? It can be called a symptom of a specific psychiatric condition. This condition is seen as a severe emotional or mental collapse of a person. The specific establishes loss of interest in all activities. He/she experiences signs such as confusion, disorientation, uncontrollable crying, etc. The individual may also lose his self-confidence and self-esteem. In extreme cases, catatonic posturing is seen. In this condition, the person is unable to move. Nervous breakdown is a term that we have the tendency to use loosely in our daily lives. For example, you might hear a student say, 'I almost had a nervous breakdown the minute I heard I might not be able to get into the school's basketball team!. This statement suggests a state of 'anxiety' or 'sudden panic' one experiences.
. Increase Fluid Consumption
Improving digestion is the key to avoid smelly burps. For good digestive health, it is necessary to increase intake of fluids, especially water. Adequate consumption of water helps digestion, which may contribute to minimize the episodes of sulfur burps.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS sufferers may take advantage of eating smaller meals at more frequent periods. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and much easier to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with defecation.
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like sensation in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain ends up being serious if you are surviving on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are queasiness, throwing up, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
Bacterial Infections and Bowel Obstruction
There are various types of bacterial infection such as salmonella, shigella, and yersinia, etc., that can contaminate the mucous membrane of intestine. Such infection can cause excessive mucus to pass with stool. Bowel obstruction problems such as irregularity can lead to the presence of mucus in stools. They are also accompanied by severe abdominal cramps, fever, and throwing up.
The abdomen is an area of the body that houses the stomach, liver, appendix, and some other important organs. It has the ribs on the top and the pelvis at the bottom. Stomach pain is a common occurrence, and practically every specific experiences it as soon as in their lifetime. However, persistent or acute pain should not be taken lightly, and immediate medical attention must be sought. Left side abdominal pain can occur due to a number of reasons. It could be triggered due to injury to the organs, like the spleen, stomach, blood vessels, and nerves on the left side of the abdomen, or the left part of paired organs, like the kidney, ureters, adrenal gland, ovary, etc. Additionally, such pain might also suggest some serious illness or infection.
Stomach enzymes also play an important function in the breakdown of animal proteins. Nevertheless, if there is insufficient secretion of stomach enzymes, the problem of protein metabolic process falls completely on gut bacteria. In such situations likewise, hydrogen sulfide is exceedingly produced. This not just causes sulfur burps however is often accompanied by foul-smelling flatulence.
- Spastic colon is a common disorder of the bowel part, which triggers signs like, pain in the abdomen and irregular defecation.
- Widely referred to as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), it is associated with repeated contractions of the small and large intestinal muscles.
- Although there is no cure, the condition can be combated with effective medication and dietary modifications.
- Food Poisoning Gastrointestinal disorder is another factor for green defecation.
- Failure of the body to soak up particular elements can lead to its excretion, thereby imparting green color to the stool.
- Ulcers Ulcers are basically open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines.
- At first, the pain is skilled somewhere around the belly button and without any treatment the pain spreads and affects the entire stomach location.
- Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing pain in the belly button region.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can overcome tension with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is much better to take a break every now and then from work and go on a brief trip or pursue a hobby.
- Attempt yoga to soothe your nerves and eat healthy.
- There should be more time for laughs to keep stress levels as low as possible.
Usage of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxic substances or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the intestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., might lead to digestive system problems. Signs of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, stomach pain, fever, watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Treatment and Medication
There is no particular diagnostic method for detecting this condition. Hence medical diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome is performed in the reverse manner in which, by dismissing other health conditions that simulate spastic colon symptoms. For verification, the doctor may conduct laboratory tests such as abdominal X-ray, blood test, rectal exam, colonoscopy, and urinalysis.
- Accidentally consuming contaminated food or following incorrect food habits can cause disorders of the stomach.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, throwing up, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system illness.
- If you too experience these symptoms, there might be a possibility of the following factors.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): geographical, cultural and environmental factors
Prof. Kok Ann Gwee, Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
- Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is triggered due to a swelling of the stomach due to parasites.
- There are 2 kinds of gastroenteritis, viral and bacterial.
- Consuming polluted food and water can trigger gastroenteritis.
- It is more common in young adults and old people.
- Stomach discomfort, queasiness, diarrhea, vomiting, and dehydration are its signs.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine.
- In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestine is observed.
- Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be ultimately visible in the urine.
Spleen, the triangular shaped organ does an important job of producing white blood cells to fight infections. It is located in the lower left area of the chest, to the left hand side of the stomach. Damage to this vital organ due to an injury or spleen disorders makes it swollen or enlarged, leading to persistent pain under left rib cage. Mononucleosis (viral illness) and liver disorders (cirrhosis) are some of the factors that can cause spleen enlargement.
- You are a follower of the taste and consistency of Greek yogurt, it can be a vital element to weight management.
- Its higher protein product will keep you complete longer.
- The lower sugar is a great choice for diabetics and others looking to reduce sugar consumption.
Green bowel movements can likewise be triggered by some other conditions such as: One need not stress when one observes the signs. A modification in diet plan can help in reducing the green color. Refraining from artificially colored foods and reducing the quantity of iron consumption will likewise help. Nevertheless, if you experience abdominal discomfort or discomfort, general malaise, weight loss, constipation, diarrhea, fever, etc., together with green bowel movements, then, there is the have to check out the healthcare provider. It is better to get the condition checked medically and validated that it's not being caused by some major illness. Furthermore, if you are on some antibiotic treatments and you have green bowel movements, then you ought to notify your doctor of the exact same.
Try eating regular meals and keeping your mealtimes on a schedule. Eating on the run or missing a meal could shake off your digestive system. Have a look at your diet, and make sure you are eating the right foods. High-fiber foods, such as bran, whole grains and lots of fruits and vegetables, are good choices. It is best to avoid over-processed foods with little fiber. Also prevent large amounts of milk, cheese, meat, fatty foods and refined sugar.
Digestive Problems in Older Children
Irregularity: In this condition, kids have infrequent bowel movements. Its symptoms are hard stools, which are difficult to pass. Stool withholding, absence of fiber in diet, and negative effects of medications are the most common causes of constipation. Constipation in children can be relieved and routine bowel movements can be brought back by including lots of fiber-rich foods in their diet.
This is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that affects the large intestine and anus. It results in ulcers in the colon, which in turn might give rise to signs such as bloody stool, existence of pus and mucous in the stool, rectal pain, stomach discomfort and cramping, weight loss, diarrhea, urgency to defecate, inability to pass stool despite the urgency to defecate, etc.
- Stomach pain is triggered due to intestinal illness, it can be avoided to an excellent degree by following an appropriate diet.
- Similarly, food poisoning can be avoided by consuming healthy food and keeping cleanliness.
- One need to remember that it is simple to get alleviated of abdominal pain, if timely treatment is carried out.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't completely absorbed or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while consuming, thus they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
Sometimes, cysts are formed in the ovaries in women, much better known as ovarian cysts. Existence of cysts in the left ovary triggers moderate to severe left side abdominal pain. Many-a-times, surgical treatment is carried out to remove the cysts from the ovary. Ovarian cyst is one of the mot common cause of left side abdominal pain in females.
- So, now you know about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to treat them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your indigestion instead of a little extra pizza!