And Spastic Colon: Pancreas Problems - Symptoms of Pancreas Problems
The pancreas is a tube-shaped organ located at the back of the stomach. It is an important organ in our body as it helps in releasing particular juices and enzymes that assist in digestion of food. The pancreatic juices help in absorption of the important nutrients in the body. The hormone insulin is also produced by the Islet of Langerhans of the pancreas. It helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates. There are numerous disorders associated with the pancreas, viz:
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the addition of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that activate IBS can be different for different people, patients of IBS are usually recommended to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestinal tract. Some such foods are:
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes Regardless of all the research carried out, the reasons for IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a variety of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the digestive tract muscles can be much more powerful, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can cause food to move through the intestinal tract much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestine for a long period of time. As a result, the stool can end up being hard and difficult to pass.
Spastic Colon: Preservative Boy
The second music video from the Tampa punk band Spastic Colon. Prepare to have your minds blown and your assholes ripped!!!
Treatment: Endometriosis treatment approaches consist of usage of medication to relieve discomfort and other symptoms, with using hormonal medication to minimize the development of the endometrium. In severe cases, a surgery or even hysterectomy might be required.
Fatty liver disease, where excess fat is deposited on the liver is also one of the causative factors. The triglycerides get collected in the liver, causing the liver to swell and end up being inflamed. This condition is called steatohepatitis. When there is fat build-up in the absence of inflammation or swelling, it is called steatosis. The fat deposits make the liver heavy, causing it to stretch. This leads to a dull pain in the organ that may worsen if not treated quickly. Diseases like Inflammatory Bowels Disease (IBD), Wolfman disease, glycogen storage illness, Weber Christian disease, HIV, drugs like Methotrexate, alcoholic fatty liver can also lead to fatty liver pain.
Factors that are thought to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which manages the performance of the intestine), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, mental problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transfer nerve signals in between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Even hormone imbalance has been believed to be associated with IBS, as this condition is more prevalent in women, and its symptoms often aggravate before or throughout menstruation.
Do you feel uneasy and tight in the abdominal area throughout the day? If yes, you might be facing the issue of bloating. Besides these, one more typical symptom of a puffed up stomach is a consistent feeling of fullness. One does not feel hungry even 8 hours after the last meal due to this condition. You can not force yourself to consume if you are facing this problem as you already feel really full. As an outcome of this, one is denied of the everyday intake of nutrients. So, a puffed up stomach not just makes you feel unpleasant, it likewise avoids you from taking in the needed daily nutrients. Prior to moving to the remedies, let us see the possible causes of bloating, as lot of times the prevention of the cause itself works as a reliable treatment.
Taking in a great deal of carbonated drinks is not an excellent practice. The gas in these drinks, really fills up in the stomach causing distention. Besides, you might love aerated water, but understand that it is one of the major perpetrators when it concerns a swollen stomach, as a result adding to weight gain.
When gurgling intestinal tracts and diarrhea take place together, it is a sign of gastrointestinal issue, for which medical assistance must be sought. There is a direct connection in between intestinal tract gurgling and gas movements through the digestive system.
Finally, you must keep in mind that most of the above mentioned causes can be effectively dealt with if timely treatment is undertaken. For that reason, you should not ignore any type of pain and symptoms. Take care!
- The medications that are specifically utilized for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding representatives.
- Detecting IBS: When handling signs testing treatment for IBS in men, it is important to know how it is detected.
- There are no specific tests that can help in identifying IBS.
- This is since the symptoms are frequently rather much like other intestinal problems.
- It is quite possible for doctors to misdiagnose IBS, based on the symptoms.
- Some of the common symptoms include abdominal pain and discomfort, change in bowel habits, irregularity, diarrhea, bloating, etc.
- Normally, the symptoms are spotted when you show stress or after you consume certain foods.
- Stress and anxiety and depression are also known to exist alongside IBS.
- Digestive or Bowel Blockage: When an obstruction exists inside the bowel, the absorbed contents of intestine can not be ejected out.
- This sort of obstruction happens due to improper functioning of the bowel or food poisoning.
- The intensity of this discomfort varies from time to time and usually, it ends up being extreme after eating.
- These patients tend to throw up because of the sharp pain.
Many a time, it has been found that the excess body fluids are excreted along with stool in kind of mucus. However, if the condition continues and is accompanied by abdominal pain or bleeding, then it might mean that you are struggling with some hidden condition, and in such cases you need to get medical attention instantly. There may be a number of reasons for mucus in stool and the most typical being infection in the digestion tract or the intestine.
Spastic Colon is the Another Name of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Which is a Food Poisoning
The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also trigger a reduction in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally classified as a practical gastrointestinal disorder, as it is connected with how the intestinal tract works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
As a matter of fact, in individuals with celiac disease this protein actually causes damage to the small intestine by flattening out the villi, small protrusions that are responsible for the absorption of nutrients, which line its walls. When gluten food is taken in, the lining of the small intestine is inflamed and at times may be damaged.
- Flatulence Now, if you have been passing a lot of wind lately, you may be suffering from flatulence.
- This is a common problem, especially for those who have desk jobs.
- Those who indulge in luxurious living to an extent that they do not have to move a limb through the day, are competent victims of flatulence, too.
- However, excessive flatulence may prove to be an obstacle.
- Well, try cutting down on pulses, cabbage, broccoli, prunes, and apples.
- Digestion is slower with regard to these foods as they pass through the gut, gradually.
- Besides, keep in mind, slow eaters always win the game called digestion.
Milk of magnesia. Bisacodyl. Senokot. The long-term use of laxatives is nevertheless not recommended, as they can cause dependence, or loss of normal bowel function.
- The treatment of IBS can differ from someone to another, as each person can have a different set of triggers that can aggravate the symptoms.
- This food poisoning has no remedy.
- However it is possible to handle IBS, and decrease the severity of its symptoms.
- In basic, dietary and lifestyle modifications can assist prevent IBS and relieve its signs.
- The following are the most essential treatment choices for handling IBS.
Bentonite Clay Consists of Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a greater capacity to absorb other molecules. Therefore the absorptive abilities originate from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxic substance molecules get integrated in the clay molecules, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal defecation. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
Stabbing Pain in Stomach The term abdominal pain is often used for referring to the pain felt in the stomach region. The intensity of the pain could range from mild to severe. Pain could be felt for a brief period or may even be constant or lasting. The pain could be...
An upset stomach with diarrhea and throwing up are signs of food poisoning or viral infection. If diarrhea occurs on a regular basis, or continues for a very long time, then it could be related to parasitic infection, irritable bowel syndrome, or spastic colon. When it gives a consistent heartburn, it is possibly triggered by acid reflux disease.
Treatment: Individuals experiencing hiatus hernia experience chest discomfort and other heartburn symptoms. Way of life changes such as having regular small meals, retiring to bed 3 hours after meals and preventing foods that get worse heartburn may help to manage hiatus hernia efficiently. If nothing works, surgical intervention may be had to move the stomach back to its initial position.
Avoid alcohol, chocolate, caffeinated drink, dairy products, sugar-free sweeteners, and gas producing foods such as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. All such food items have the tendency to serve as triggers for worsening the signs and symptoms. Fatty foods must also be kept away from the menu.
Sacramento mothers of Middle Eastern and similar Mediterranean location descent have for generations cared for colic by feeding their children a type of probiotic called infantis (understood commercially in the USA as bifantis). Now, looks into have shown how the probiotic works. It's familiar to many Middle Eastern mommies to put a drop of Binfantis, which some mothers call 'infantis' on the tip of their pinky and touched the idea of the baby's tongue with the probiotic if their child has colic. And it seems to work to calm the colic and quiet the infant. However exactly what is in 'infantis' that actually quiets colic in babies that would cry for hours with colic?
Donnatal Levsin Levbid Pro-Banthine (propantheline) Bentyl Antidepressant medications can also be recommended, if the client experiences depression together with abdominal pain. These drugs can increase pain tolerance, and deal with depression and anxiety experienced by the clients of spastic colon. Two other medications that are specifically used for IBS treatment are, alosetron and lubiprostone. Alosetron is a nerve receptor antagonist that can relax the colon, and slow down the movement of waste through it.
- Apart from taking medications, utilizing a heating pad could also provide relief from bouts of abdominal pain.
- Heat assists unwind stomach muscles, and prevents cramping.
- However alosetron can cause some serious issues, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Currently, the FDA has permitted the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can recommend the drug for treating severe IBS in ladies.
- This drug is not approved for use by guys.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
Treatment: For the most parts, getting a green stool is not a reason for concern as it can be due to taking specific iron supplements or taking in a lot of green vegetables. But if it is accompanied by diarrhea, irregularity, abdominal pain and discomfort, that last for more than 2 days, then seek medical help at the earliest.
- Also, as long as results reveal the presence of mucus, sex without use of condom is a strict no-no.
- Neglecting this precautionary measure while having sex is most likely to transfer the infection to your partner.
Interaction With Drugs
Aloe vera juice can have negative interactions with prescription or non-prescription medications. For instance, diuretic drugs or water pills reduce the potassium levels in the body, which is what the laxative in the aloe vera juice does also. This can result in a sharp drop in potassium levels. Additionally, the laxative result in aloe vera juice can decrease the rate of absorption of medicines in the body. Here are a list of some medications, that can have a negative response or cause side effects, when taken in combination with aloe vera juice.
Addition to this, aloe vera can also have interactions with other herbs and dietary supplements. Consumption of stimulant laxative herbs, such as jalap root, bark root, castor oil and rhubarb root together with aloe vera juice, can trigger diarrhea and dehydration. Interactions with supplements like fenugreek, garlic and psyllium which lower the blood glucose levels, can have an unfavorable impact on the body. Intake of aloe vera juice, in addition to licorice or horsetail must be limited, as these herbs can reduce the potassium levels significantly.
More unconventional type of treatment is Tricyclic Antidepressants or TCA's, which was an accidental discovery. This therapy was at first supposed to be used for schizophrenic disorders, but they found that it helped in the unipolar and bipolar depression conditions (Cromer, 2005).
Severe Abdominal Pain and Cramps Might Require Anticholinergic Drugs and Dicyclomine
Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the level of sensitivity of the colon to stress and particular specific foods. The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
In case the left side stomach pain is accompanied with the regular urge to urinate and urination is often painful, then urinary tract infection may be a possible reason behind it. UTI includes microbial infection of any of the structures that form a part of the excretory system. A few of them are kidneys, bladder, and ureter or urethra.
- You're struggling with irregular or irritable bowels, there are several things you can do to help improve the situation.
- Keep a healthy and active way of life, and reduce stress in your life as much as possible.
- Drink lots of liquid and prevent caffeine and alcohol, as these stimulate the intestines.
- Make sure you're eating well balanced meals and avoid processed foods and artificial sweeteners.
Here is a list of the probable causes of this condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable bowel syndrome is a typical gastrointestinal tract issue that is marked by abnormal gut contraction. The characteristic symptoms are pain in the abdominal area, passage of mucus-coated stools, flatulence, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
Liver is the Largest Internal Organ of the Human Body
It is located on the right side of the abdomen and just below the diaphragm and ribs. The diaphragm separates it from the chest and the abdomen. This organ carries out lots of important functions such as cleansing of the body. The other functions include conversion of stored glucose into glycogen, hormone secretion, regulation of blood sugar levels, elimination of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, and removal of contaminants and carcinogens from the body. This hard work takes a toll on the liver, which results in various liver diseases.
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, stomach cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the digestive canal by eliminating all the toxic substances and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps improve immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon cleanse. A number of other industrial advantages of the clay add to its value.
Recently, People Have Begun Using the Green Part of the Leaves Also
The outer part of the aloe leaves are crushed, and made into aloe vera juice, or dried and used as a laxative. Aloe vera juice in itself has quite a number of health benefits, which includes relief from digestive problems, constipation, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. It is thought to be beneficial in regulating the blood pressure and sugar levels. Aloe vera juice is said to be a potent beverage that is useful for strengthening the immune system. Sadly, while raving about the advantages of this fantastic drink, the side effects of this drink have remained unnoticed.