Recipes Ibs: Stool Softener Home Remedies
Constipation is a condition that is characterized by tough evacuation of the bowel due to hardening of stool. It is a common health issue that causes a host of traumatic signs such as irregular defecation, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, etc. Since the fecal matter ends up being very hard and dry, the lining of the rectum and anus may get damaged during bowel movement, consequently leading to pain, bleeding, or hemorrhoids.
Mineral oil is often considered as one of the most effective treatments for temporary treatment of irregularity. After mineral oil goes into the body, it lubricates the stool and helps in smooth waste excretion without inflaming the anus and anus.
Eating too Fast and/or Overeating Due to a busy lifestyle, many a time, people do not have the time to eat in leisure. Eating too fast ought to be avoided as it can cause a bloated stomach. Sometimes, we skip our meals, and when we do eat, we tend to overeat. This burdens the digestive system triggering a bloated feeling in the stomach.
Using senna is not recommended for children below 12 years of age. People with chronic gastrointestinal problems like Crohn's illness, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, or appendicitis should not use it. If you have a medical history of allergies, consult your doctor before taking it. Also, this herb could communicate with drugs such as birth control pills, digoxin, estrogens, warfarin, water tablets, etc., or herbs such as horsetail, licorice, and other stimulant laxative herbs. So, do notify your doctor or organic practitioner about preexisting medical conditions or other drugs that you are taking presently.
- Symptoms of constipation can be relieved with laxatives, having a high-fiber diet, hydration, etc.
- Medication and making changes in way of life and diet can help in dealing with diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test: This is one test that is used when blood in feces is not visible to the naked eye.
- In such a case, unusual color may not be seen, due to presence of small amount of blood in stool.
- This test is the most reliable way to confirm blood in feces.
- In order to detect the underlying cause, different blood tests are carried out.
- This is a low-cost, non invasive treatment that provides information about the exact amount of blood in stool sample.
- An easy manner in which to perform fecal occult blood test is provided below:
- Appendicitis can be treated by surgical removal of the appendicitis.
- Treatment of injury, muscle strain, etc., consists of use of pain relievers, physical therapy, and even surgery.
Digestive tract Parasitic Infections: Another rather common cause is amoebiasis. This is an infectious disease that affects the large intestine, and is mostly contracted when someone consumes or drinks contaminated food or water, containing Entamoeba histolytica, an intestinal parasite. In this disease, the amoeba attach themselves to the large intestine, and cause serious symptoms like bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and fever. In the initial phases there are mostly no symptoms, but if the person's resistance is low, or if the number of amoeba suddenly increase, then the signs become visible. This condition is contagious, as the stool that is passed includes the parasites, thus, it can contaminate the water that it comes in contact with, and spread. Another example of an intestinal parasite is giardiasis, where the causative agent for the condition is a parasite called Giardia lamblia.
- As you can see, intestinal cramps could signal some serious underlying health issues that need to be attended to.
- So seek medical help for a proper diagnosis and treatment, to prevent further complications.
- Taking rest, using heat or ice pads are some of the home remedies that can help in minimizing pain caused due to small factors.
- If you are to take any medication or pain reliever, make certain you consult the doctor and just then take it.
When your bowels are as unpredictable as an active volcano, it can be difficult to get through life. There are a lot of issues that can lead to a condition like IBS, but often it is related to a lack of the good bacteria that is merely referred to as probiotic. * IBS victims typically have poor digestive health and do not understand it, which can lead to a lot of unpleasant signs. * While there are OTC products out there, treating the symptoms alone isn't efficient. *.
Irritable bowel syndrome is common among adults, and is generally a health condition that affects the colon. While it won't usually cause serious or irreversible damage, dealing with IBS can be painful, annoying, and just plain uneasy for the majority of. When there is an absence of probiotic *, IBS flares, leading to symptoms like:
Significance of Colonic Transit Time. When you eat, food travels through various parts of the digestive system slowly. Stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, duodenum, small and large intestines, and rectum are all parts of the digestive system. Different acids, enzymes produced by these organs are mixed in the food. The food is broken into small pieces, and is transformed into a quickly absorbable compound. The essential nutrients are absorbed by the body while the food passes through these parts.
Our human body is a host to wide variety of microorganisms. A few of these organisms may cause harm to your body, while others actually benefit you in lots of ways. Probiotic bacteria are a species of beneficial bacteria which live in the human gut and assist in gastrointestinal function, amongst other functions. These bacteria are naturally present in the digestive tract and thrive thereby competing with 1000 other bacterial species. In some cases, the population of these bacteria depletes owing to some reason. During such times, prebiotics can assist in restoring probiotic germs.
It is a type of purgative herb that can provide relief from constipation. It is considered as the safest amongst all purgative herbs, due to the fact that other herbs of this category cause forceful elimination of the wastes from the body, irritating the lining of intestines. These herbs should not be used on a daily basis.
- Barley Barley is also touted as a good laxative.
- It consists of 6 grams of fiber, out of which 1.5 grams are soluble fibers and the remaining 4.5 grams are insoluble.
- The insoluble fiber soften the stool, making it more bulky, thereby helping it move quickly through the digestive tract.
- Gas-producing Food There are certain foods, which are known for causing gas problem, which in turn lead to a bloated stomach.
- Foods, such as vegetables, beans, cabbage, etc. function in this category.
Natural IBS Treatment: Natural Relief for IBSBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with all natural herbal ingredients developed to support and calm digestion. Bavolex contains the best quality ingredients that have been scientifically formulated to work for optimum results. Bavolex's ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all combined into this special IBS formula. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to relieve the symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Read More about This Product »
- Eating foods that are not prepared correctly or prepared in unsanitary conditions can cause food poisoning.
- Having contaminated food makes a person fall sick and the health problem may give rise to green defecation.
- Green Bile As we all know, the liver produces a green colored digestive juice called the bile.
- The production of bile is necessary to guarantee proper food digestion of food.
- It is a known fact that stool development takes place in the big intestine.
- When the bile gets in the large intestine, it eventually turns yellowish brown and then mixes with the stool.
- This is the reason why stool appears brown in color.
- Nevertheless, if the bile and the stool formed move quickly out of the large intestine, it is unlikely that the bile will end up being yellow.
- So, with the bile color staying the same (green), the waste matter also appears greenish-yellow during bowel movement.
Ways to Take in
Swallow 1 tbsp. whole seeds, followed by 2 cups of water. Or, mix 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds with 2 cups of water and drink. Drink a lot of water at regular intervals for better results. If you want to use flaxseed oil for eliminating constipation, mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil with low-fat yogurt. You can include tsp. honey for a much better taste. Take this mixture 1 hour before bedtime for better outcomes.
- Ways to Take in.
- Mix the seeds in 8 ounces of water.
- Have a glass of water after drinking the mix.
- People affected by this condition may experience ideal abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, etc.
- These symptoms could be triggered by consumption of a fatty meal.
- Useful Solutions Anxious stomach pains can be managed with medication and particular way of life changes.
- Managing a Worried Stomach
- Pain During the first few days after the surgery, patients will face significant quantities of discomfort and abdominal discomfort.
- This is due to the fact that the organs have been moved internally throughout the surgery to remove the gallbladder.
- The CO2 gas is also responsible for the pain felt in the right shoulder and right side of the abdomen.
- However, this pain subsides within a week or so.
- If an open surgical treatment was carried out, the wound will take few weeks to heal.
- Chuckling, coughing, sneezing, etc. put pressure on the stitches and end up being painful.
- For laparoscopy, discomfort will be felt around the entry points, which must ease in a couple of days.
- Pain relievers are prescribed to reduce the pain, however, some painkillers again have associated side effects.
Digestive Tract Conditions
In this condition, the intestine is not in a position to work efficiently and the factors are plenty, varying from existence of ulcers to the swelling of the lining of the intestinal tract. Although there are different kinds of intestinal disorders, the common symptoms associated with poor intestinal function are abdominal pain, frequent or irregular defecation, and poor appetite. Some of the common gastrointestinal disorders that can trigger green defecation are given below: Food Poisoning.
- Excessive Iron Excessive iron in the diet can also lead to green bowel movement.
- This negative effects related to the color of the stool is often observed in clients placed on iron supplements.
Sigmoid Colon Cancer.
Many a time, pain may be a result of the already developing colon cancer. This occurs when malignant tumors form in the region, which do not penetrate in the colon's mucosal layer. However, as the cancer develops to its next phase, the tumors start to penetrate in the colon's mucosal wall and spread even more to the lymph nodes around the sigmoid colon.
- Constipation Irregularity is a health condition where a person has a problem in having regular defecation.
- It can be persistent or acute, and can occur due to various factors.
- Stomach pain are bloating are the common symptoms of constipation.
Difference Between Probiotics and Prebiotics While probiotics have been in use for quite a very long time, prebiotics are a current addition in the market that work towards the health and well-being of a person. By the way, many people do not know the exact difference between the two and might assume one for the other.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is defined by lower stomach pain, diarrhea or constipation, abdominal pain. Factors like stress and poor diet plan can intensify the condition. This condition is commonly seen in teens, but is not limited to that age group.
Medications In case the person is having green vegetables in moderate amounts and also is not experiencing intestinal problems then green poop may be due to consumption of medicines like prescription antibiotics.
Choledocholithiasis The presence of one or more gallstones in the common bile duct (the duct into which the cystic duct releases bile) is referred to as choledocholithiasis. Such a condition may obstruct bile and the stagnant bile may cause cholangitis (swelling of the bile duct).
Bloating and Gas
Diarrhea Constipation Stomach cramps or pain Mucus in stool Not everyone will experience all of the signs listed here, and you may just experience one or two of these symptoms. It's still important to talk to your doctor to determine what's happening with IBS symptoms and how you can get relief. * IBS symptoms aren't always dangerous and this condition rarely triggers permanent damage, but the simple annoyance and discomfort of signs are enough to warrant looking for medical help or seeking to natural remedies for relief. *.
The term 'acalculous cholecystopathy' refers to gallbladder diseases which are not related to gallstones. Biliary dyskinesia is a motility disorder which is characterized by abnormal gallbladder emptying. This occurs when the gallbladder is unable to contract effectively. Gallbladder function could also get adversely affected if the sphincter of Oddi, which is the valve through which bile flows to the small intestine, does not operate properly.
What Triggers IBS?
Accurate causes of IBS are yet to be discovered but certain aspects are currently understood. And those factors that have the possibility to bring you IBS are mostly the important things you eat or drink. You might want to stir clear of carbonated drinks, chili foods, dairy produces, soda and anything that may upset your stomach. You do not have to stop eating or drinking these things. You just have to reduce your consumption.
An obstruction in the intestinal tracts due to reasons like volvulus, hernia, Crohn's disease or also due to any adhesion or injury can lead to bowel blockage. Apart from pain in the abdominal area, muscle cramping and throwing up are the other signs.
Diet Tips for IBS UK Dietitian Nichola Whitehead
WARNING* This video talks about a subject that people don't usually like to talk about.. but with 20% of the population affected by IBS at some point in their life I ...
- Appendicitis Appendix is a 3.5 inch long tube extending from the large intestine.
- An inflamed appendix can also be responsible for causing a sharp abdominal pain.
- Pain or discomfort may occur due to a blockage in the appendix.
- In the initial stages, the pain is experienced around the belly button, but this may spread to the right lower abdomen.
- Pain might also be accompanied by other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or fever.
- If left untreated, swollen appendix might rupture and the contents might spill over into the abdominal cavity.
- This might lead to swelling in the lining of the abdominal cavity.
Flaxseed Flaxseeds include omega-3 fatty acids. It brings in water in the bowel and breaks down the difficult stools, making it much easier to excrete them. It is extremely important to drink a sufficient amount of water for this solution to work. It is always better to use seeds rather of flaxseed oil due to the fact that the seeds add necessary bulk to the stools, thereby facilitating passage of stools. Grinding the seeds before consumption will be more effective as powdered form contains more fiber than the seeds.
- Pain in the lower quadrant of the abdomen can be caused due to many reasons.
- In the majority of the cases, it is caused due to an injury or a condition in any of the vital organs situated in the abdomen.
- Nevertheless, there can also be other underlying causes.
Nervous stomach can be really upsetting when a person has a crucial event coming up like an interview, a presentation, or a company meeting. To control nervousness and associated stomach pains in such instances, one can use the tips discussed below so that the issue can be handled in a much better way. Stress, anxiety and depression definitely contribute to a nervous stomach ache. In most cases, the stomach pains is temporary, however, when it takes up a persistent form, it is time to go to a doctor.
Prebiotics on the other hand are carbohydrates of the type 'fructo-oligosaccharides'. These are basically short chained sugar molecules, which consist of fructose. Prebiotics are indigestible fibers which supply nutrition to probiotics. As these sugar molecules can not be broken down, they are directly carried to the bowels, where probiotics can feed on them. Asparagus, garlic, onions, berries, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, kale, chard, mustard greens, lentils, whole grains, oats, barley and wheat are some prebiotic sources.
- For treating pain in stomach caused due to diarrhea, following the BRAT diet plan for diarrhea is very important.
- An individual suffering from diarrhea needs to eat BRAT foods, i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
- Besides that, for diarrhea and indigestion, appropriately cooked vegetables having high fluid content must be undertaken.
- Stomach pain is caused due to minor conditions, it can be treated with pain killers or by taking rest.
- However, it is advised not to take any medication without prescription.
Need a simple, non-invasive breath tests to find out whether you have fructose, lactose and sorbitol malabsorption and small intestine bacterial overgrowth? Take the test from Stream Diagnostics, Australia's leading provider of hydrogen/methane breath tests.
- Ways to Take in.
- Take tsp. rhubarb root tincture 3 times a day.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon. of the herb to 2 cups of water and drink the extract followed by another glass of water.
- Treatment As discussed above, there can be numerous major reasons for pelvic pain on right side.
- But, one need to keep in mind that all these causes can be successfully treated.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy depends on the location of the egg and also the condition of the lady.
- Laparoscopy and surgery are two major treatment methods used to treat ectopic pregnancy.
- Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis depends on its seriousness.
- However, antibiotics are the only effective methods of treating it.
Aloe Vera Juice
An effectual natural home remedy for softening stool is consuming aloe vera juice. As per medical research study, aloe vera juice consists of anthraquinone glycosides, which are active components of a lot of laxatives.
- Normally, foods that are low in fiber cause constipation.
- Therefore, it is important to ensure that you avoid foods that are low in fiber.
- Cut down on the consumption of the following food items:In addition to the aforementioned remedial measures, you should also follow self-care tips.
- Fix a particular time for defecation every day to minimize the risk of passing solidified stool.
- Follow the ideal lifestyle choices.
- Exercise regularly and refrain from the usage of unhealthy food items.