Ibs Recipes: Stool Softener Home Remedies
Irregularity is a condition that is characterized by difficult evacuation of the bowel due to hardening of stool. It is a common illness that causes a host of traumatic symptoms such as irregular defecation, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, etc. Considering that the fecal matter becomes very hard and dry, the lining of the rectum and anus may get damaged during bowel movement, thus resulting in discomfort, bleeding, or hemorrhoids.
- Appendicitis Appendix is a 3.5 inch long tube extending from the large intestine.
- An inflamed appendix can also be responsible for causing a sharp abdominal pain.
- Pain or discomfort may emerge due to a blockage in the appendix.
- In the initial stages, the pain is experienced around the belly button, but this may spread to the right lower abdomen.
- Pain could also be accompanied by other signs such as nausea, vomiting or fever.
- If left untreated, swollen appendix may break and the contents might spill over into the abdominal cavity.
- This may lead to inflammation in the lining of the abdominal cavity.
It is a type of purgative herb that can provide relief from irregularity. It is considered as the safest amongst all purgative herbs, because other herbs of this category cause forceful elimination of the wastes from the body, aggravating the lining of intestines. These herbs should not be used on a daily basis.
- Symptoms of constipation can be relieved with laxatives, having a high-fiber diet plan, hydration, etc.
- Medication and making changes in lifestyle and diet plan can help in dealing with diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Difference Between Probiotics and Prebiotics While probiotics have been in use for quite a long period of time, prebiotics are a recent addition in the market that work to the health and well-being of a person. Incidentally, many people do not know the exact difference between the two and might assume one for the other.
The Best Ways to Consume
Swallow 1 tbsp. whole seeds, followed by 2 cups of water. Or, mix 1 tablespoon. ground flaxseeds with 2 cups of water and drink. Drink a lot of water at regular intervals for better results. If you want to use flaxseed oil for relieving constipation, mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil with low-fat yogurt. You can include tsp. honey for a much better taste. Take this mixture 1 hour before bedtime for much better results.
- Stomach pain is caused due to small conditions, it can be treated with pain killers or by taking rest.
- However, it is recommended not to take any medication without prescription.
Our human body is a host to myriad of microorganisms. Some of these organisms may trigger harm to your body, while others actually benefit you in lots of ways. Probiotic bacteria are a species of beneficial bacteria which reside in the human gut and assist in digestion function, amongst other functions. These bacteria are naturally present in the digestive tract and thrive thereby competing with 1000 other bacterial types. Sometimes, the population of these bacteria depletes owing to some reason. During such times, prebiotics can help in restoring probiotic bacteria.
Exactly What Causes IBS?
Exact causes of IBS are yet to be discovered but certain aspects are currently known. And those factors that have the possibility to bring you IBS are mostly the important things you eat or drink. You might want to stir clear of soft drinks, chili foods, dairy manufactures, soda and anything that may upset your stomach. You do not have to stop eating or drinking these things. You just have to lessen your intake.
- The best ways to Consume.
- Take tsp. rhubarb root cast 3 times a day.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon. of the herb to 2 cups of water and drink the extract followed by another glass of water.
- Treatment As pointed out above, there can be several severe reasons for pelvic pain on right side.
- But, one should bear in mind that all these causes can be successfully treated.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy depends on the location of the egg as well as the condition of the woman.
- Laparoscopy and surgery are two major treatment methods used to treat ectopic pregnancy.
- Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis depends on its seriousness.
- However, antibiotics are the only effective means of treating it.
Prebiotics on the other hand are carbs of the type 'fructo-oligosaccharides'. These are essentially brief chained sugar molecules, which consist of fructose. Prebiotics are indigestible fibers which provide nutrition to probiotics. As these sugar molecules can not be broken down, they are directly carried to the bowels, where probiotics can feed on them. Asparagus, garlic, onions, berries, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, kale, chard, mustard greens, lentils, whole grains, oats, barley and wheat are some prebiotic sources.
Irritable bowel syndrome is common among adults, and is generally a health condition that affects the colon. While it will not usually cause serious or permanent damage, coping with IBS can be painful, annoying, and just plain uneasy for most. When there is an absence of probiotic *, IBS flares, leading to symptoms like:
Mineral oil is often considered as one of the most effective solutions for temporary treatment of constipation. After mineral oil gets in the body, it lubricates the stool and helps in smooth waste excretion without inflaming the anus and anus.
- Eating foods items that are not cooked effectively or prepared in unsanitary conditions can cause food poisoning.
- Having contaminated food makes a person fall sick and the health problem may give rise to green bowel movement.
Medications In case the individual is having green vegetables in moderate amounts and also is not suffering from intestinal problems then green poop may be because of consumption of medicines like antibiotics.
Eating too Fast and/or Overeating Due to a busy lifestyle, many a time, people do not have the time to eat in leisure. Eating too fast needs to be avoided as it can cause a bloated stomach. At times, we skip our meals, and when we do eat, we have the tendency to overeat. This burdens the digestive system triggering a bloated feeling in the stomach.
Need a simple, non-invasive breath tests to find out whether you have fructose, lactose and sorbitol malabsorption and small intestine bacterial overgrowth? Take the test from Stream Diagnostics, Australia's leading provider of hydrogen/methane breath tests.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test: This is one test that is used when blood in feces is not visible to the naked eye.
- In such a case, unusual color may not be seen, due to existence of small amount of blood in stool.
- This test is the most reliable way to confirm blood in feces.
- In order to diagnose the underlying cause, numerous blood tests are carried out.
- This is a low-cost, non invasive procedure that offers information about the precise quantity of blood in stool sample.
- An easy way to perform fecal occult blood test is provided below:
Aloe Vera Juice
An effective home remedy for softening stool is consuming aloe vera juice. According to medical research study, aloe vera juice contains anthraquinone glycosides, which are active components of the majority of laxatives.
- The best ways to Consume.
- Mix the seeds in 8 ounces of water.
- Have a glass of water after consuming the mix.
- Handy Remedies Worried stomach pains can be managed with medication and certain way of life changes.
- Managing a Worried Stomach
- For dealing with discomfort in stomach caused due to diarrhea, following the BRAT diet plan for diarrhea is very necessary.
- An individual suffering from diarrhea should eat BRAT foods, i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
- Besides that, for diarrhea and indigestion, effectively prepared vegetables having high fluid content should be undertaken.
- Gas-producing Food There are certain foods, which are known for triggering gas trouble, which in turn lead to a bloated stomach.
- Foods, such as beans, beans, cabbage, etc. function in this category.
Heather Cooks for IBS Diet: Pizza Party Snack Mix and Banana Berry Smoothie Recipes
Get Heather Cooks IBS diet info for managing all IBS symptoms here http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/ ! Plus IBS recipes here ...
Intestinal tract Parasitic Infections: Another quite common cause is amoebiasis. This is an infectious disease that affects the large intestine, and is mostly contracted when somebody consumes or drinks contaminated food or water, containing Entamoeba histolytica, an intestinal parasite. In this disease, the amoeba attach themselves to the large intestine, and cause serious symptoms like bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramps, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and fever. In the initial phases there are mostly no symptoms, but if the person's resistance is low, or if the number of amoeba all of a sudden increase, then the symptoms become visible. This condition is contagious, as the stool that is passed contains the parasites, thus, it can contaminate the water that it comes in contact with, and spread. Another example of an intestinal parasite is giardiasis, where the causative agent for the condition is a parasite called Giardia lamblia.
Mucus in Urine Causes When you see something abnormal taking place in your body, it is obvious to get a little scared. Urine is a liquid which is not required by the body, and it occurs in various organs including the lungs, kidneys and the large intestine. Almost...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is identified by lower abdominal pain, diarrhea or irregularity, abdominal pain. Factors like stress and poor diet can exacerbate the condition. This condition is commonly seen in teens, but is not limited to that age.
Sigmoid Colon Cancer.
Many a time, pain may be a result of the already developing colon cancer. This takes place when cancerous tumors form in the area, which do not penetrate in the colon's mucosal layer. However, as the cancer develops to its next phase, the tumors start to penetrate in the colon's mucosal wall and spread further to the lymph nodes around the sigmoid colon.
- Green Bile As all of us know, the liver produces a green colored digestive juice known as the bile.
- The production of bile is necessary to make sure proper food digestion of food.
- It is a known fact that stool formation takes place in the big intestine.
- When the bile gets in the large intestine, it eventually turns yellowish brown and after that mixes with the stool.
- This is the reason why stool appears brown in color.
- However, if the bile and the stool formed move quickly out of the large intestine, it is unlikely that the bile will become yellow.
- So, with the bile color remaining the same (green), the excrement also appears greenish-yellow throughout bowel movement.
Bloating and Gas
Diarrhea Constipation Stomach cramps or pain Mucous in stool Not everyone will experience all of the symptoms noted here, and you may only experience one or two of these symptoms. It's still important to talk to your doctor to determine what's happening with IBS symptoms and how you can get relief. * IBS symptoms aren't always dangerous and this condition seldom causes permanent damage, but the simple annoyance and discomfort of symptoms are enough to warrant seeking medical help or planning to natural remedies for relief. *.
An obstruction in the intestines due to factors like volvulus, hernia, Crohn's disease or also due to any adhesion or injury can lead to bowel blockage. Apart from pain in the abdomen, muscle cramping and throwing up are the other signs.
- Taking rest, using heat or ice pads are a few of the home remedies that can help in reducing pain triggered due to small reasons.
- If you are to take any medication or pain reliever, make certain you speak with the doctor and only then take it.
Intestinal Tract Disorders
In this condition, the intestine is not in a position to work effectively and the factors are plenty, varying from presence of ulcers to the swelling of the lining of the intestinal tract. Although there are different kinds of intestinal conditions, the common symptoms associated with poor intestinal function are abdominal pain, frequent or irregular bowel movement, and poor appetite. Some of the common gastrointestinal disorders that can cause green defecation are given below: Food Poisoning.
- Extreme Iron Too much iron in the diet can also lead to green defecation.
- This negative effects related to the color of the stool is often observed in patients placed on iron supplements.
- As you can see, intestinal cramps might signal some serious underlying health issues that need to be addressed.
- So look for medical help for a proper diagnosis and treatment, to prevent further complications.
Value of Colonic Transit Time. When you eat, food passes through various parts of the digestive system slowly. Stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, duodenum, small and large intestines, and rectum are all parts of the digestive system. Numerous acids, enzymes produced by these organs are mixed in the food. The food is broken into small pieces, and is transformed into an easily absorbable compound. The essential nutrients are absorbed by the body while the food goes through these parts.
Choledocholithiasis The presence of one or more gallstones in the common bile duct (the duct into which the cystic duct releases bile) is referred to as choledocholithiasis. Such a condition may block bile and the stagnant bile may cause cholangitis (inflammation of the bile duct).
Nervous stomach can be really traumatic when a person has an important event coming up like an interview, a discussion, or a company meeting. To control nervousness and associated stomach ache in such instances, one can use the tips pointed out below so that the issue can be dealt with in a better way. Stress, anxiety and depression definitely contribute to a nervous stomach ache. In most cases, the stomach ache is temporary, however, when it takes up a chronic form, it is time to go to a doctor.
- Appendicitis can be dealt with by surgical removal of the appendicitis.
- Treatment of injury, muscle strain, etc., includes use of pain relievers, physical therapy, or perhaps surgery.
Flaxseed Flaxseeds consist of omega-3 fatty acids. It attracts water in the bowel and breaks down the tough stools, making it much easier to excrete them. It is extremely important to drink a sufficient amount of water for this remedy to work. It is always better to use seeds rather of flaxseed oil due to the fact that the seeds add necessary bulk to the stools, thereby facilitating passage of stools. Grinding the seeds before consumption will be more effective as powdered form includes more fiber than the seeds.
The term 'acalculous cholecystopathy' describes gallbladder diseases which are not associated with gallstones. Biliary dyskinesia is a motility disorder which is characterized by abnormal gallbladder emptying. This occurs when the gallbladder is not able to contract effectively. Gallbladder function could also get adversely affected if the sphincter of Oddi, which is the valve through which bile flows towards the small intestine, does not operate properly.
- Irregularity Constipation is a health condition where a person has a trouble in having regular defecation.
- It can be chronic or acute, and can occur due to various factors.
- Stomach pain are bloating are the common symptoms of constipation.
- People affected by this condition might experience right abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, etc.
- These symptoms could be triggered by consumption of a fatty meal.
- Barley Barley is also promoted as a good laxative.
- It contains 6 grams of fiber, out of which 1.5 grams are soluble fibers and the remaining 4.5 grams are insoluble.
- The insoluble fiber soften the stool, making it more large, thereby helping it move quickly through the digestive tract.
- Pain in the lower quadrant of the abdominal area can be caused due to numerous factors.
- In the majority of the cases, it is caused due to an injury or a disorder in any of the vital organs situated in the abdomen.
- Nevertheless, there can also be other underlying causes.
When your bowels are as unpredictable as an active volcano, it can be difficult to get through day-to-day live. There are a lot of issues that can lead to a condition like IBS, but often it is related to a lack of the good bacteria that is simply called probiotic. * IBS victims often have poor digestive health and do not understand it, which can lead to a lot of undesirable symptoms. * While there are OTC products out there, treating the symptoms alone isn't effective. *.
- Pain During the first couple of days after the surgery, patients will face significant amounts of pain and abdominal discomfort.
- This is because the organs have been moved internally throughout the surgery to eliminate the gallbladder.
- The CO2 gas is also responsible for the pain felt in the right shoulder and right side of the abdomen.
- However, this pain subsides within a week or so.
- If an open surgery was carried out, the wound will take few weeks to heal.
- Laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc. put pressure on the stitches and become agonizing.
- For laparoscopy, pain will be felt around the entry points, which need to relieve in a couple of days.
- Pain relievers are prescribed to reduce the pain, however, some painkillers again have associated side effects.
Making use of senna is not recommended for children below 12 years of age. People with chronic gastrointestinal problems like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, or appendicitis should not use it. If you have a medical history of allergies, consult your doctor before taking it. Also, this herb could connect with drugs such as birth control pills, digoxin, estrogens, warfarin, water tablets, etc., or herbs such as horsetail, licorice, and other stimulant laxative herbs. So, do inform your doctor or organic specialist about preexisting medical conditions or other drugs that you are taking currently.
- Usually, foods that are low in fiber cause irregularity.
- Therefore, it is important to ensure that you avoid foods that are low in fiber.
- Cut down on the consumption of the following food items:In addition to the aforementioned remedial measures, you should also follow self-care tips.
- Fix a particular time for bowel movement every day to minimize the risk of passing solidified stool.
- Follow the ideal way of life choices.
- Exercise regularly and refrain from the consumption of unhealthy food items.