Nervous Stomach Symptoms Foods: Spastic Colon Treatment
Spastic colon is the another name of irritable bowel syndrome, which is a food poisoning. The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also trigger a decrease in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally classified as a practical gastrointestinal disorder, as it is associated with how the intestinal tract works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a hereditary abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower part of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
- Say no to carbonated beverages.
- Stick to lemon juice, or the old and extremely loyal hydrant, water.
- Lemon Soda If you are going to have a big meal with a great deal of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal.
- Lemon soda prevents the formation of gas and hence, relieves you of bloated stomach after eating.
- However, make it a point to sip on little portions of soda rather of gulping it down simultaneously.
Here is a list of the probable causes of this condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable bowel syndrome is a typical gastrointestinal tract problem that is marked by abnormal gut contraction. The characteristic symptoms are pain in the abdominal area, passage of mucus-coated stools, flatulence, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
- Aloe vera has certain antibiotic properties that help to clean up the impurities, as well as soothe the intestinal lining.
- It removes all the wastes, dead skin, and other impurities responsible for irregularity.
- The polysaccharides present in aloe, resist the growth of bacteria on the wall of the intestines.
- It is also very rich in fiber content.
- These fibers are capable of cleansing the colon by eliminating the toxic materials.
- Besides, the vitamins and minerals present in the plant, get rid of the sticky substances holding on to the walls of the intestines.
- However alosetron can cause some serious issues, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Presently, the FDA has permitted the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can recommend the drug for treating severe IBS in females.
- This drug is not approved for use by guys.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
Colitis: It is the Swelling of the Colon
It can be intense or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a difficulty in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Irregularity is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
How to Get Rid of Diarrhea Fast
For more information on getting rid of diarrhea, this may interest you. http://geni.us/ATS0 (affiliate link) We have done our best to make sure that this is a safe ...
- Indigestion: Also referred to as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to trouble in digesting food.
- It is a symptom of numerous other diseases.
Less Common Ones
In some cases, it has been found that individuals experience irregularity in blood pressure, in addition to digestion problems. Urinary tract infections (UTI) and all symptoms related to it also show up as a few of the severe health effects caused by black mold direct exposure. The same can lead to medical conditions of the liver, and other organs of the body. There have been cases where, people were detected with infertility which arised from living in a black mold-infested house for a long term period.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity in between the lungs and the rib cage.
- Stomach Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it takes place when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system diseases.
The chest, also called the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the sternum, all are parts that consist of the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which consists of the lungs. It is an essential part of the human body and any pain in this area can be of serious issue, as it might indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
To be Assured of Its Signs, It Takes Place Differently With the Different Personalities
It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, taking a trip, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. Nevertheless, its primary signs are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for three days or numerous months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and constipations.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as fewer defecation. They can not discharge any stool or just a small amount. On the assessment of your physician for the treatment of IBS, the medical professionals might check on the basis of the signs you explain to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any certain test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but only to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be guaranteed about the infections.
- Hiatal Hernia: It happens when a part of stomach extends upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
Stomach Pain can be Considered as One of the Most Common Physical Discomforts
Nearly everyone of you must have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everybody goes through occasional bouts of stomach pain. There are numerous causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is mainly exacerbated after eating. However, lower left stomach pain after eating is quite unusual.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe reason for pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you take in too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated feeling and a sharp pain that seems like chest ache.
Since of these finding scientists think they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics may help ease symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help manage weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
Irregularity is Identified by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts suddenly can be linked to indigestion. It is generally preceded by constant burping.
- Treatment: Proper diet plan and preventing food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in alleviating the pain.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing discomfort (and also diarrhoea).
Natural IBS Relief - Bavolex: All-Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with soothing herbs formulated to gently support and calm digestion. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, helping in reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Reducing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to alleviate the symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Click Here to Read More »
Treatment: this Condition Requires Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of discomfort under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and sufficient water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to produce digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into basic substances. It interferes with the regular bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other signs of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestine.
There are Certain Parasite Such as Protozoa Which Often Leads to Diarrhoea
There is normally a loss of salt and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The problem becomes more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime take place for several months.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which needs immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is quickly identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is development of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially deadly condition.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the signs.
- Constipation and Indigestion
Factors that are thought to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which manages the functioning of the intestine), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, mental problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transmit nerve signals in between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Even hormone imbalance has been presumed to be related to IBS, as this condition is more common in women, and its symptoms typically aggravate before or during menstruation.
- This suggests that either the nerves or the muscles involved in the intestinal tract activities don't function in ways they should.
- The nerves though surpass those that are found in the digestive system.
- The spinal chord and the brain themselves are also involved.
- Kidney Stones Kidney stones can come from either of the kidneys and cause discomfort in them.
- Pain in the left one signifies stone in the left kidney.
- The pain usually starts from the back and spreads to the front.
- Highly processed foods are abundant in salt and low in fiber.
- Not good, for they contribute to the bloated feeling.
- Read the labels, and drop only those canned foods in your cart that clearly read "sodium-free," or "low-sodium content."
Severe Abdominal Pain and Cramps Might Require Anticholinergic Drugs and Dicyclomine
Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the level of sensitivity of the colon to stress and certain specific foods. The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
- Treatment: This condition can be dealt with by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also smart to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
Senna Side Effects It is often assumed that herbs are not likely to cause any harm to our body. This is certainly a misconception. Herbs can cause adverse effects in the event of an overdose. Also, some herbs could cause adverse effects in individuals affected by...
Factors for Discomfort Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that worsens with deep breathing. Such a serious injury needs immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always smart to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
- Treatment: Preventing food that triggers indigestion is recommended.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, along with dietary changes, will assist in the condition.
Bentonite Clay Includes Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a greater potential to absorb other molecules. Thus the absorptive abilities originate from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxin molecules get included in the clay molecules, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal defecation. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, stomach cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the intestinal tract canal by removing all the toxins and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps enhance immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon cleanse. Numerous other industrial advantages of the clay add to its value.
- Tea A piping hot cup of tea gives you an immediate relief from all the stomach ailments.
- Herbal tea and green tea are also effective in treating gastrointestinal problems.
- Gas in the Colon Also referred to as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another reason for pain under the left rib cage.
- Excessive gas gets caught in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
- Cholestasis: It happens due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes consist of alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
- The term 'poop' refers to the solid waste matter that is gotten rid of out of the body during bowel evacuation.
- Generally, a healthy bowel movement produces brown colored stools.
- A change in stool color to green indicates that something is wrong with the intestines but can also mean too much consumption of certain foods items.
- It is discussed below:
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be severe or chronic.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition defined by inflamed veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or piles can be internal or external, and can be painful.
Milk of magnesia. Bisacodyl. Senokot. The long-term use of laxatives is nevertheless not recommended, as they can cause dependence, or loss of normal bowel function.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is defined by a wide variety of signs like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
- Spleen Inflammation Sometimes, discomfort under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or rupture of the spleen.
- Discomfort in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Constipation Constipation is a condition that causes hardening of stools, due to which defecation ends up being a painful activity. In such circumstances, to push the stools, through the colon requires more effort. Thus eliminating hard stools can put undue pressure on any part of the rib cage. It is observed that people dealing with constipation have to put in a great deal of pressure to remove feces and this may trigger discomfort on the left or right side of the ribs.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a progressive non-reversible condition.
- The medications that are specifically utilized for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding representatives.
Treatment: Taking Antacids and Other Drugs to Reduce Stomach Acid can be of Help
Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestinal tract (diverticulosis) that end up being infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People struggling with it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower rib cage.
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal discomfort can stem as a result of abnormal performance of any of these organs.
- However, there aren't lots of organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- Therefore, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after consuming, which are as follows:
- Treatment: It is very important to seek advice from a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may help in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
Treatment: In case of a moderate costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or extreme, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is advisable to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any demanding activity while recovering from this condition.
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the addition of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that activate IBS can be different for different individuals, patients of IBS are usually advised to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestinal tract. Some such foods are:
- Moderate stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be treated with little changes in your diet and lifestyle.
- Along with a healthy diet, it is necessary to invest some time for workouts.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to seek a proper medical treatment.
Some doctors are really recommending antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the patient's flare-ups are emotional driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be legitimate but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural option.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after consuming dairy products, then most likely it is because of lactose intolerance.
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be triggered due to various factors, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other serious medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will differ. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should seek advice from a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and prevent future issues.
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes In spite of all the research carried out, the reasons for IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a range of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the intestinal muscles can be much more powerful, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can cause food to move through the intestinal tract much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestine for a long period of time. As a result, the stool can end up being tough and difficult to pass.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
Finally, you need to remember that most of the above mentioned causes can be effectively dealt with if timely treatment is undertaken. For that reason, you should not ignore any type of pain and symptoms. Take care!
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus ends up being thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
- Inguinal Hernia: It happens when a part of the stomach cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
My Only Problem Has Been Finding Recipes that Would Go With My New Regimen
A few days ago while googleing the subject I discovered a whole new world, the universe of Paleo Diet, an eating plan that generally eliminates gluten and journal from the picture, just exactly what I was looking for!