Stomach Pain and Diarrhea
Accidentally eating contaminated food or following wrong food habits can cause disorders of the stomach. Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system illness. If you too experience these symptoms, there might be a possibility of the following reasons.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS patients may benefit from eating smaller meals at more frequent periods. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and simpler to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with bowel movements.
Ulcers are basically open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines. Initially, the pain is experienced somewhere around the belly button and with no treatment the pain spreads and affects the whole stomach location. Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing discomfort in the belly button region.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can get rid of stress with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is much better to take a break from time to time from work and go on a short holiday or pursue a hobby.
- Try yoga to soothe your nerves and eat healthy.
- There must be more time for laughs to keep stress levels as low as possible.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine. In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestine is observed. Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be ultimately visible in the urine.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't entirely absorbed or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while consuming, thus they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like sensation in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain ends up being severe if you are subsisting on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
Consumption of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxins or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the gastrointestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., may lead to digestive system problems. Signs of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, abdominal pain, fever, watery diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc.
Health & Nutrition : How to Diagnose Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome is diagnosed by ruling out other diseases after symptoms of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, bloating, cramping and constipation arise.
- So, now you learn about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to cure them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your stomach upset instead of a little bit of extra pizza!